Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2008, 12:29   #16
BHPian

Hey, I am not sure about the road beyond Jabalpur, last time when I used this road was in 2002, when I went to Varanasi, and frankly there was no road, after Katni, till UP boarder near Mirzapur, I was so frustrated that, some time thought of getting my WagonR put on trailer but somehow managed both way journey, but while returning I took Allahabad Rewa, rather than Mirzapur Rewa, still Rewa to katni was nighmare.

Would do some searching on Bandhavgarh and will see if I can make it.
-Pramod
Old 17th September 2008, 18:42   #17
BHPian

3 more pictures

Add few more images from waterfall and dam

-Pramod
Attached Thumbnails
Nagpur Bhedaghat, Bargi Dam-11.jpg  

Nagpur Bhedaghat, Bargi Dam-12.jpg  

Nagpur Bhedaghat, Bargi Dam-13.jpg  

Old 17th September 2008, 20:46   #18
Senior - BHPian

December 2006 the road was excellent. Bandhavgarh was the shikar forest for the kings of Rewa. The place is simply enchanting even if there was no tiger.

Last edited by Sudipto-S-Team : 17th September 2008 at 20:49.
Old 18th September 2008, 13:02   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudipto-S-Team View Post
Pramod
Basically you go to Katni from Jabbalpur and then to Umaria and onwards to Bandhavgarh. There is a short cut by which you can avoid going to Katni. But I wouldn't recommend that route because even our taxi driver lost his way and we lost some 3/4 hours. But that red kuchha road through rural MP is fabulous.

Bandhavgarh, incidentally, is a tiger reserve and has the highest concentration of tigers in the country. Sighting a tiger in the forest is a certainty for anyone who goes there.

Regards
Sudipto
Pramods,

Distances to Bandhavgarh:
Jabalpur - 42 kms - Sihora - katni -50kms- Enter NH78 -67kms - Umaria - 35 kms- pali = Total of about 150 kms.
Umariah - 30kms - Bandhavgarh -

It would take about 3-4 hours thro. Katni. The short cut avoiding Katni, reportedly, is still not good.

Tiger sighting is pretty good, at least you need to plan to say for 2 nights and take 2 safaris per day, so in about 4 safaris, you're sure to see plenty of tigers.

--Ramky

======
Old 18th September 2008, 14:01   #20
BHPian

Thanks Ramky, I may plan this Safari some time later, as Nagpur already have 3 national park near by and all tiger reserve, Tadobha national park, Pench National park and Khanna national park all in 200km radius. but this would also be a good one, as I know more about the 3 mentioned national park near to Nagpur, but this will be a complete unknown one, that means more fun, as per internet this has the highest density of tigers.

-Pramod

Last edited by pramods : 18th September 2008 at 14:02.
Old 20th September 2008, 23:01   #21
BHPian

Nice,short and sweet writeup. Pictures quality is too good. Specially DAM picture(Sea) is very intelligently clicked

"I used GPS to record the speed and the highest speed recorded was 148 on GPS." BTW which GPS device you are using?
Old 21st September 2008, 00:13   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelbug View Post
Nice,short and sweet writeup. Pictures quality is too good. Specially DAM picture(Sea) is very intelligently clicked

"I used GPS to record the speed and the highest speed recorded was 148 on GPS." BTW which GPS device you are using?
thanks, I have Freedom MinGPS device which communicate over BT 2 and other one is mobile phone GPS nokia N95.

-Pramod

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks