Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2009, 16:00   #76
BHPian

I'm taking off to Pondy tomorrow morning. I will be taking the Chengam-Tiruvannamalai-Gingee-Tindivanam-Pondicherry route.
But, on the way back I was keen on exploring the Mahabalipuram-Kanchi route, cos I've never driven on the ECR. I guess apart from the additional 100kms, there is nothing much I should really worry about (not to mention speeding Qualises!)?
Any ideam how much lesser is diesel in Pondicherry?
Old 4th September 2009, 17:33   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalcruiser View Post
I'm taking off to Pondy tomorrow morning. I will be taking the Chengam-Tiruvannamalai-Gingee-Tindivanam-Pondicherry route.
But, on the way back I was keen on exploring the Mahabalipuram-Kanchi route, cos I've never driven on the ECR. I guess apart from the additional 100kms, there is nothing much I should really worry about (not to mention speeding Qualises!)?
Any ideam how much lesser is diesel in Pondicherry?
Hi,
Apart from additional 100-135kms ( yes speeding qualises )you have to cross kanchipuram town which will have little bit of traffic during daytime.

you can enjoy the ECR route and also lot of temple visits can be done ( thirukazhugundarm,kanchipuram temples )

Route is in the ECR Road ( tollgate - Rs.25 /- ) you have to take left which goes towards thirukazhugundram and you will cross chengalpet,kanchipuram and then join in GQ.

Have a safe trip
Old 4th September 2009, 17:41   #78
Senior - BHPian

ECR is very good, but a two lane road. So there will be oncoming traffic.
Old 4th September 2009, 17:56   #79
BHPian

All right, thanks guys! Will take the ECR route on the way back - moreover, I am planning to head back on Monday, so I guess traffic should be leaner.
Will come back and post my experience
Old 4th September 2009, 21:07   #80
Senior - BHPian

Got no replies for my earlier post, so posting again - Has anybody here stayed at the Kailash Beach Resort in Pondicherry ? If so, can you please provide me some feedback regarding the resort since I am planning on booking there for the Dussera long weekend.
Old 4th September 2009, 22:07   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannan666 View Post
Got no replies for my earlier post, so posting again - Has anybody here stayed at the Kailash Beach Resort in Pondicherry ? If so, can you please provide me some feedback regarding the resort since I am planning on booking there for the Dussera long weekend.
Sorry, I have not heard of this place before. I will try to find out from friends if possible.
Old 4th September 2009, 22:12   #82
BHPian

Quote:
will try n check while I'm there
Old 5th September 2009, 17:30   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have not stayed there personally but once called them to know about bookings. Looking at the price I can guess that they must be good (Rs 4000 approx for a room)

Abhi
Old 6th September 2009, 21:38   #84
Senior - BHPian

Thanks guys for your response, will most probably have to complete the booking formalities tomorrow, in case I do not get any further updates, I guess I will go ahead with the booking confirmations. Will post my experience here once I get back !
Old 11th September 2009, 19:58   #85
BHPian

nice travelogue

Abhi, will you please let me know the best time to visit Pondy?
Old 11th September 2009, 23:44   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.R.S.Rao View Post
Abhi, will you please let me know the best time to visit Pondy?
Being coastal place it is better to visit in winter time.

Personally if you ask me, I like to visit Pondicherry anytime. Eventhough its warm but I simply love the place. only worry is, in recent times, the prices of hotels/resorts has gone up a lot.

Abhi
Old 13th September 2009, 12:33   #87
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone out here tried the Gingee-Muttattur-Villupuram-Ariyankuppam-Pondicherry route instead of the usual Gingee-Tindivanam-Kiliyanur-Pondicherry one ? Reason I am asking is because Kailash Beach Resort is I believe situated around 10kms south of Pondicherry on the road to Cuddalore which means if I enter Pondicherry from the Villupuram side, I would be able to take a right at Ariyankuppam and get to the resort directly bypassing Pondicherry town.
Old 14th September 2009, 20:06   #88
BHPian

Goa-Pondi-Goa on my Alto LXI

Hi there,

I've just returned from an exciting and memorable trip to Pondi. I'm documenting my travelogue, so give me a few days. In all, we travelled 2110 kms to and fro on my Alto LXI. The travelogue will be posted in a short while, so stay tuned. Suffice to say, the Alto performed beyond expectations and gave us no trouble whatsoever.

GPA, many thanks for all your help. I'm sorry I could not meet you in person as we bypassed Bangalore and we were not anywhere near Yeshwantpur.

Regards,
Melvyn
Old 14th September 2009, 22:31   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
Hi there,

I've just returned from an exciting and memorable trip to Pondi. I'm documenting my travelogue, so give me a few days. In all, we travelled 2110 kms to and fro on my Alto LXI. The travelogue will be posted in a short while, so stay tuned. Suffice to say, the Alto performed beyond expectations and gave us no trouble whatsoever.

GPA, many thanks for all your help. I'm sorry I could not meet you in person as we bypassed Bangalore and we were not anywhere near Yeshwantpur.

Regards,
Melvyn
Congrats Melvyn. Eager to see a nice travelogue and lots of pics.

I am missing my Alto a lot. She is idle for last 2 months in my parking lot. Battery has gone dead as well.

Abhi
Old 15th September 2009, 13:42   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
Congrats Melvyn. Eager to see a nice travelogue and lots of pics.

I am missing my Alto a lot. She is idle for last 2 months in my parking lot. Battery has gone dead as well.

Abhi
Hey Akroy, i have read all your travelogues posted on the forum, What happened to your travel companion, your Alto? Please do something get her moving and please travel more and keep posting more, Keep up the good spirit of traveling

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks