Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2008, 21:51   #331
Senior - BHPian

Beautiful pics!
Sam..just wondering.. what are those 'matkas'/pots doing on the roof,in one of those pics? Is it just decoration?
Love the setting where you both had dinner. Looks so inviting.
Old 15th April 2008, 22:06   #332
Senior - BHPian

Awesome pics & great narration as usual guys & boss the Neemrana fort looks like a great place, I have been to Udaipur\Jaipur & few surrounding forts but this looks very different.

TheCouple®: Keep it coming

@nitin: The pots are kept for cooling the rooms something like a false ceiling
Old 15th April 2008, 23:45   #333
BHPian

Awesome stuff!!! I have been neglecting the forum, since the last few days have been quite hectic at work. Had some time today and decided to check what's happening... lo behold, spent almost the entire day hoodwinking my boss and reading this thread, its so bloody addictive!

It's been almost 13 years since I visited Rajasthan, but that place still remains fresh in my mind. I'm a self confessed history buff and Rajasthan has so much to offer that I came back with a promise to visit it again soon. Needless to say, that 'soon' hasn't happened yet... but thanks to TheCouple®'s Neemrana travelogue, my yearning has been aroused once again. My next holiday destination is fixed.

Sam, you have a fine eye for photography. Some of the shots are really well composed. I'm guessing, just like writing, this also comes naturally to you. Or has the Old Man given you some tips?

Waiting with bated breath for more.

Cheers
Wim
Old 16th April 2008, 00:13   #334
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wimwian View Post
Sam, you have a fine eye for photography. Some of the shots are really well composed. I'm guessing, just like writing, this also comes naturally to you. Or has the Old Man given you some tips?
Thank you. The Old man helps when he can. My own old man is a photographer.
Old 16th April 2008, 00:19   #335
BHPian

Hi Sam - As usual a very imprerssive work !!. Keep them coming !
Old 16th April 2008, 00:25   #336
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
The price for each room/mahal is different. Some as low as 2000/- a night, some as high as 17000/- a night.
wow! thats not expensive. I was expecting a BOMB (a big one)

Quote:
You could choose to stay in the servants quarters, or the chief of staff's residence or even the Queen's bedroom.
I dont mind choosing the servant quarters for 2000/- a night.

Last edited by kkr2k2 : 16th April 2008 at 00:27.
Old 16th April 2008, 00:29   #337
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I find the recreation room. Soon I get Jenny, come on let me show you something. She has never seen a carrom-board before, just as I expected.
Was ist das??
Carrom. Let me show you how it is played.

We play a game of carrom and she learns pretty quick.
I have seen a shop that sells Carrom boards in Germany. I think it was either Frankfurt or Nuremberg.
Old 16th April 2008, 00:32   #338
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
wow! thats not expensive. I was expecting a BOMB (a big one)
Being in the middle of nowhere, you have to eat at the hotel. Each meal is about 500 bucks not including alcohol, they are buffets not a la carte. As I just PMed a friend.
Also wines, champagnes, massages are terribly expensive. But we decided to splurge.
So one must be careful on that front.

But yes, our room was one of the best rooms there in terms of beauty and value. I took trouble choosing it
Old 16th April 2008, 00:35   #339
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Being in the middle of nowhere, you have to eat at the hotel. Each meal is about 500 bucks not including alcohol, they are buffets not a la carte. Also wines, champagnes, massages are terribly expensive. our room was one of the best rooms there in terms of beauty and value.
add to this the trouble and cost of getting there.
Old 16th April 2008, 02:29   #340
Team-BHP Support

Sam & Jenny,

That stepwell is AMAZING!!!! How old is it ?
It looks like it could be part of an indiana jones movie.

Keep it coming!
cya
R

ps - Love the picture of the fort from a distance.
Old 16th April 2008, 07:47   #341
BANNED

What can I say after all this???
Someone please??????? Hire me some good words as my fingers have just gone ........ blank!

Last edited by speedzak : 16th April 2008 at 07:50.
Old 16th April 2008, 09:48   #342
Distinguished - BHPian

YetiBlog - 29th March 2008 - a Teaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
That stepwell is AMAZING!!!! How old is it ?
While we were told it was over 400 years old, I suspect it was built along with the fort, almost 6 centuries ago.
It has remained silent since. We were the ONLY tourists present there on that day, there is no gate, no security nothing.

The local villagers use this (sadly) as suicide point. The only development the village panchayat managed to do was build a small safety fence/border around the edge as you can see from the pictures.
It saddens me that there is yet another part of Indian history lying in desolation while the government is busy trying to rip off foreigners that come to see the Taj.

It was stunning indeed. I am glad you enjoyed it.

Somehow I suspect, the next day's story will be something that all Team-BHPians will enjoy immensely.

YetiBlog® 29th March 2008:

The road back to Delhi is a 2 lane tar highway. Smooth, but narrow. It is covered with brightly coloured trucks, bullock carts, camel carts, triple seat scooters and what-not.
Not unruly, but as less orderly as one can get under the circumstances.

TheOne® looks scrubbed, fresh, happy and tanned from her holiday in Neemrana.
Sam..
Yes, schatz?
I want to drive.

Silence. I'm looking at the road, thinking (When she could have driven to Pune on that huge expressway, she said no.) Still, I want to show her my country in a way that no regular tourist would see. She should drive. Nothing will happen. She has driven RHD cars in South Africa before for almost a year, so I'm not worried.

Umm, are you sure?
Yes I'm sure. I want to drive, I feel like it. Besides I know you hate driving anyway.

I stop and she takes over. What ensues is a fun filled roller coaster ride for her.

I leave the tale here, because I would really like her to recount to you her fresh (and hilarious, if I may add) viewpoint of North Indian highway traffic.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 16th April 2008 at 09:52.
Sam Kapasi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2008, 09:58   #343
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Somehow I suspect, the next day's story will be something that all Team-BHPians will enjoy immensely

I stop and she takes over. What ensues is a fun filled roller coaster ride for her.
You let a "spoiled by Autobahns" German drive in the thick of Indian traffic? Funnier still she wanted to? I guess there was something in the water at that resort. you guys did not happen to drink from that well did ya?

Last edited by navin : 16th April 2008 at 10:00.
Old 16th April 2008, 10:43   #344
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
You let a "spoiled by Autobahns" German drive in the thick of Indian traffic?
She'd be at home, overtake the slow moving traffic which sit on the righr hand side of the road. Instead of flashing lights, honk!
Old 16th April 2008, 12:41   #345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
You let a "spoiled by Autobahns" German drive in the thick of Indian traffic? Funnier still she wanted to? I guess there was something in the water at that resort. you guys did not happen to drink from that well did ya?
No no, there was nothing in our water.

I just enjoy driving (unlike Sam) and observing the traffic for almost a week I felt I can do it. In the end, it wasn't as easy as I thought but hey, we came back in one piece!

I will give you the full story asap!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks