Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2024, 18:14   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: A 7200km drive to Tibet from Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
You’ve made my week and weekend worthwhile already Robi, 3 almost back to back travelogues to amazing destinations and drool worthy photographs

Are you on a sabbatical to pen down your recent experiences or for more planned driving escapades?

Can you share the overall routing you did for onward and return journeys? I’m curious to know if the entire Bangalore-Gorakhpur and Jabalpur-Bangalore route is perfect without bad stretches (it’s also because I’m unfamiliar).

Thanks. Not on any sabbatical, just that these were pending since some time. I wanted to clear it before posting recent trips again.

The Bangalore to Gorakhpur was via Hyderabad ORR-Nagpur-Katni-Prayagraj-Ayodhya-Gorakhpur, roads were all fine especially some sections near MH border and near Katni. The traffic congestion once you enter UP is expected as usual.

Jabalpur to Bangalore is pretty straightforward and took around 18hrs with a few stops for fuel and food. We started around 630am from Jabalpur and reached Bangalore (Koramangala) around midnight.
robimahanta is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th September 2024, 19:07   #32
BHPian

Wow! What a travelogue!

Probably the best I have seen on the forum.

The pictures are just amazing and terrain so beautiful. As many pointed here, I did not know we can even enter Tibet via Nepal. Never heard anyone doing that.
OffRoadFun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2024, 19:21   #33
BHPian

Mind boggling! Epic adventure and the photos aren't doing enough justice. Any reason why you didn't carry your camera?
Buzzard_storme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2024, 19:34   #34
Senior - BHPian

That’s quite the road trip!

Before the Myanmar coup, the Burma route was quite popular for those crossing into China, now I guess Nepal is the only option.

It’s really something to see an Indian made RHD Thar driving around Tibet
dragracer567 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2024, 19:51   #35
BHPian

This Travelogue made an interesting read or rather an interesting visual treat. As they say, an image speaks better than a thousand words. This Travelogue truly lives to that idiom.

I am sure that from this Travelogue, a new "Chalo Lhasa" will start and a new adventure route seems to have started. Leh Ladakh,Spiti, Bhutan have been done and dusted many times and the adventure hungry junta looking for newer greener (or barren) pastures to quench their thirst for adventure, could have found a new destination.

You are a pioneer in this new adventure route and I am sure you will be flooded with inquires and request for advice and guidance in this regard. I already see a buzz around this thread and this could open a completely new segment for adventure seekers (with deep pockets ofcourse).

Thanks for showing us that this could be done. Much appreciated.
ashkamath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2024, 21:30   #36
Senior - BHPian

Are there any more TLs coming this week? Because they are disrupting regular work 3 TLs within a weekend is unbelievable.

Wonderful account of your Tibet conquest and an itinerary not usually heard of before. Crisp narration and nice photos made it an interesting read. Hats off for taking this journey.

Did the travel agent also book the Kathmandu - Everest flight or was it impromptu? I read tickets are in high demand considering the helicopter rides with base camp landing are way costlier. Also does it allow kids? The helicopters do not allow below 18 years? I have been eyeing similar rides for Kanchenjunga from Gangtok and looking at your venture I feel tempted to do mine .

Tibet, from your pics, seems to have similar terrain like Ladakh but with much better roads. Would you agree?

Last edited by haisaikat : 7th September 2024 at 21:32.
haisaikat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2024, 22:04   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haisaikat View Post
Wonderful account of your Tibet conquest..
Did the travel agent also book the Kathmandu - Everest flight or was it impromptu? I read tickets are in high demand considering the helicopter rides with base camp landing are way costlier. Also does it allow kids?
Tibet, from your pics, seems to have similar terrain like Ladakh but with much better roads. Would you agree?
Thanks Saikat. I booked the mountain flight online in Kathmandu. There are many options. Kids are allowed in the flight as it is Kathmandu and back. No landing in between anywhere.

Yes Tibet landscape is very similar to Ladakh. But the roads and the overall infrastructure is much better.
robimahanta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2024, 22:54   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Robi, you are rattling off travelogues like there is no tomorrow. Come on man, give us some time to at least savour the pictures. Our tiny minds are not capable of grasping so many stunning pictures coming right left and center from places which are miles apart from each other. The resplendent frog is still on our minds and you have now presented the mighty Mt Everest in front of us !!

What fantastic travel and equally stunning pictures. You have opened a route to the mainstream folks and I am sure many will traverse the path shown by you. I am petrified to know that you are writing your recent travels, don’t know what you will come up next !

Keep travelling, just so that we get to see more stunning pictures from you.

P.S- The Thakali thali looks so similar to a typical Assamese thali, I am sure you have enjoyed that
ABHI_1512 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks