Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2024, 18:52   #1

Road Trip to Tea Estate Villa at Nilgiri Mountains in my Tata Safari Storme

Road Trip in my Tata Safari Storme to Nilgiri Mountains - Escaping to Serenity

Every year around June-Aug, I along with my friends embark on a road trip from Bengaluru (for a weekend). Last couple of years we visited Chikmagalur and hence this time we wanted to visit some other place. We were checking for Waynad or Hampi or somewhere near the Nilgiri Mountains (Not Ooty, Coonoor as we have already been there a few times). Then this private tea estate villa called Amberina struck my mind where I had visited with family back in 2018.

It is a beautiful property secluded from the main town. I had the contact details of the manager so immediately called and got the bookings done. We decided to go no 10/11 Aug weekend.

The plan was to start at 5 AM and cross Mysuru as early as possible due to large gatherings planned at Mysuru on 10 Aug but we could start at 5.45 AM as it was raining from 4 AM hence the guys took some time to arrive at my place.

Road Trip to Tea Estate Villa at Nilgiri Mountains in my Tata Safari Storme-safari.jpeg

We crossed Nice Road quickly as we started from JP Nagar and went via Kanakpura road. Traffic was moderate but rain was still there. For breakfast, we decided to get inside Maddur town and go to Maddur Tiffanys.

Breakfast at Maddur Taffanys

Road Trip to Tea Estate Villa at Nilgiri Mountains in my Tata Safari Storme-idli.png

Road Trip to Tea Estate Villa at Nilgiri Mountains in my Tata Safari Storme-maddur-vada.png

From 1st August, KA Traffic Police have started registering FIR if a vehicle goes at a speed of 130+ across Karnataka. Bengaluru-Mysuru Expressway has speed limit of 100 and there are high tech cameras installed at multiple locations of the highway which capture all the

After having breakfast, we joined Bengaluru - Mysuru Expressway again and reached Mysuru bypass around 9.30 AM. Quickly crossed the ring road and joined Ooty highway. Stopped at a roadside tea shop in Nanjangud.

Road Trip to Tea Estate Villa at Nilgiri Mountains in my Tata Safari Storme-tea.jpeg

Drive through Bandipur National Park is always scenic and pleasant. We could see lot of greenery around due to monsoon rains. There were deer roaming all along the way. TN has Epass requirements and it needs to be taken in advance online if you are visiting Ooty and Kodaikanal till 30th Sept.

Some pics while driving through the Bandipur National Park.

Road Trip to Tea Estate Villa at Nilgiri Mountains in my Tata Safari Storme-bandipur1.png

Road Trip to Tea Estate Villa at Nilgiri Mountains in my Tata Safari Storme-bandipur2.png

Road Trip to Tea Estate Villa at Nilgiri Mountains in my Tata Safari Storme-bandipur3.png

Road Trip to Tea Estate Villa at Nilgiri Mountains in my Tata Safari Storme-exiting-ka.png

Road Trip to Tea Estate Villa at Nilgiri Mountains in my Tata Safari Storme-entering-tn.png

After reaching Gudalur, we took right turn towards Kerala. The property is located ~20 km from Gudalur and ~2 km from a small town called Devala.

We reached at the place around 1.30 PM.
Road Trip to Tea Estate Villa at Nilgiri Mountains in my Tata Safari Storme-property.png

Road Trip to Tea Estate Villa at Nilgiri Mountains in my Tata Safari Storme-beast-entering-property.png

Mild Off roading to reach the villa.

Some pics of the villa.

Road Trip to Tea Estate Villa at Nilgiri Mountains in my Tata Safari Storme-villa.jpg

Road Trip to Tea Estate Villa at Nilgiri Mountains in my Tata Safari Storme-villa1.jpg

Road Trip to Tea Estate Villa at Nilgiri Mountains in my Tata Safari Storme-villa2.jpg

Road Trip to Tea Estate Villa at Nilgiri Mountains in my Tata Safari Storme-rooms-view.jpg

We checked in and had lunch. Post lunch we relaxed a bit and went on a estate walk. It was all mist by the time it was 6 PM.

Some pics of the estate walk.

Road Trip to Tea Estate Villa at Nilgiri Mountains in my Tata Safari Storme-walk1.jpg

Road Trip to Tea Estate Villa at Nilgiri Mountains in my Tata Safari Storme-walk2.jpg

Road Trip to Tea Estate Villa at Nilgiri Mountains in my Tata Safari Storme-walk-3.jpg

Road Trip to Tea Estate Villa at Nilgiri Mountains in my Tata Safari Storme-walk5.jpg

Road Trip to Tea Estate Villa at Nilgiri Mountains in my Tata Safari Storme-walk4.jpg

Road Trip to Tea Estate Villa at Nilgiri Mountains in my Tata Safari Storme-walk6.jpg

Road Trip to Tea Estate Villa at Nilgiri Mountains in my Tata Safari Storme-walk7.jpg

Road Trip to Tea Estate Villa at Nilgiri Mountains in my Tata Safari Storme-walk8.jpg

We spent some good time chatting till late night, next day morning we checked out around 10.30 after having breakfast. This was the view from the property during checkout.

Road Trip to Tea Estate Villa at Nilgiri Mountains in my Tata Safari Storme-closing-view.jpg

Drive Safe. Keep Travelling!
akanad16 is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks