Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2024, 16:13   #16
BHPian

Re: A BHPian-inspired RV trip to Norway

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijims View Post
What a Wonderful trip you had and the pictures you have taken are absolutely beautiful, you have made it a point to detail your experiences and this makes it a worthwhile read. I am sure you will have many more wonderful trips in the future and thanks a lot for sharing your experiences with the forum.
Thanks for the kind words! I wanted to make the post while the details were fresh in the mind, so I could relive it later, and if it could help or inspire others, that's like the icing on the cake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sup? View Post
Amazing trip that brought back great memories of my road trip too. Your rush to catch the ferry reminded me of my own dash from Trondheim to Bodo in just over 10 hrs to catch our ferry to Lofoten. We made it just in time in an underpowered Polo. The drive was breathtaking and we missed out on stopping for pics because of how rushed we were.
I'm definitely heading back to Norway, to cover more things, but now that I've had a bit of experience with the fjord tours, beautiful as they are, they get in the way of a free flow itinerary. I would like to do my next trip without stressing over deadlines. I would still have a well-defined plan, but having the flexibility to change on the fly is immensely nice. I thought it was sad not to have the option of staying longer in places such as Låtefossen, just because of the tearing hurry to get to Flåm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
Dude. Very nicely detailed travelogue. Great pix too.

Glad I was able to influence in some way.
Now that the test drive is over, next year you should do a longer distance. Space out your drive.
Seems like you took the National Tourist Route - Aurlandsfjellet. Very scenic route it is.
My next trip is already planned for July 2025. Nordkap, Tromso and Lofoten. Me and another Finnish family in 2 RV's. Will share dates. You are welcome to join us.
You had a greater influence that you can imagine. Yes, worldee was also something I found out about thanks to your post. The July plan sounds very enticing. Let's plan together and pull it off!
supermax is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2024, 03:16   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermax View Post
Thanks for the kind words! I wanted to make the post while the details were fresh in the mind, so I could relive it later, and if it could help or inspire others, that's like the icing on the cake.

I'm definitely heading back to Norway, to cover more things, but now that I've had a bit of experience with the fjord tours, beautiful as they are, they get in the way of a free flow itinerary. I would like to do my next trip without stressing over deadlines. I would still have a well-defined plan, but having the flexibility to change on the fly is immensely nice. I thought it was sad not to have the option of staying longer in places such as Låtefossen, just because of the tearing hurry to get to Flåm!

You had a greater influence that you can imagine. Yes, worldee was also something I found out about thanks to your post. The July plan sounds very enticing. Let's plan together and pull it off!
What fjords have you been to? Geirangerfjord?
Old 2nd August 2024, 13:25   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by michellrikot View Post
What fjords have you been to? Geirangerfjord?
We did the Naerojfjord cruise on Day 3 and a cruise on the Sognefjord on Day 4. Drove along the Hardangerfjord. Geirangerfjord was not on the list on this trip, as it would add two days to the trip which we didn't have.
Old 2nd August 2024, 13:45   #19

Amazing trip and write-up. Thanks for sharing the travelogue. Norway is always fascinating to me.
TheSMG is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed