Old 23rd June 2024, 07:27   #16
BHPian

Re: A wish called Spiti | 17-day road trip in a Tata Hexa

Great travelog!

It appears that you are in lefthand drive car

i
Attached Thumbnails
A wish called Spiti | 17-day road trip in a Tata Hexa-20240604_122557.jpeg  

Last edited by IP_Man : 23rd June 2024 at 07:30.
IP_Man is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2024, 10:46   #17

@mile_breaker Belated Happy Birthday.

A wonderful travelogue with beautiful moments captured in the most meticulous manner. The more I read, the more my yearning for long road trips grew. The best part was your detailed description about everything. All the best 👍👍
ambarish6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2024, 19:54   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Belated birthday wishes, @mile_breaker.

Great photos and narration.

Hexa is a vehicle meant for such trips; being put to the right use here. Are you still on OEM lights or have you done any changes to it?
Thank you so much for the wish ! I have changed the low beams from OEM halogens to Blaupunkt 110W LED lamps. These are also OEM and bought from and fitted by TASS. High beams are still OEM halogens as well as the fogs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shourya_lahiri View Post
What a beautifully written travelogue. A Tata Hexa with AT tires should not stop you from going anywhere.
Superb photos also. Wish you could take your Hexa to the Chandratal route next time.
Cheers.
Thank you ! Yes ! I am very happy with the Yoko Geolander AT tyres ! I could not plan for Chandratal this time as firstly it was not clear when it will open. Secondly, did not want family to go through that long strenuous journey from Kaza to Manali. May be it is good that it is left out, that will allow me another visit !

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Lovely photos and narrative. I did this trip last year and it seems roads have improved by leaps and bounds since then. The roads to enter kinnaur were terrible and considering we were in my ultra low ground clearance(143mm) v40 managed it, in a hexa it would have been an absolute cake walk.
Thank you! Bad road was there only in few sections. For Hexa it posed no problem at all because of high GC, power and suspension. But kudos to you for covering this circuit in a low GC car as v40. Low GC definitely was challenging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edunata View Post
Beautiful pictures, nice writeup. This travelogue rekindled my Spiti plans, which I had made last year, but had to reroute to Nepal due to time constraint.
Again I have started planning. Thanks for this detailed writeup.
Thanks ! You must plan and go ! Definitely the journey till Chandigarh is long and boring, but club it with some exciting stoppages. Post Chandigarh you will feel that why to go back to the plains again !
Mile_Breaker is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2024, 20:06   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

One more breathtaking account of the wonderland called Spiti. Beautiful pictures, captivating locales and some splendid writing which aptly defines your handle name Mile_Breaker !

That you got a perfect car for the surroundings also added to the allure. Some pictures stood out specially the one of Kee Monastery and the ones at Pin Valley. And just as to make the trip even more memorable, you got to celebrate your birthday as well while on the move. Thanks for the delightful read, one more ready reckoner added to the list before I can venture on my own to those parts.

Regards.
ABHI_1512 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2024, 09:11   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
It’s always pleasing to read a travelogue on Spiti or Ladakh.
What a lovely trip to enjoy with the family. Plus the blue Hexa looks beautiful in this terrain.
Wish you many more such happy holidays in the future & we hope to get such lovely travelogues like this from time to time.
Thank you Samba ! Etios on that icy slippery road is looking just awesome! Detail TLs from you and others have helped shape my plan. Infact Tashigang was included after I went through your TL

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijayols View Post
@mile_breaker Happy Birthday.

The blog had lovely photos and very detailed. A trip to Spiti is always so unique and breathtaking.
Thank you so much ! Kinnaur and Spiti are so beautiful that one doesn't have to do much except clicking the shutter button

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicLife View Post
Oh, what a wonderful travelogue, I could feel your passion and was with you all the time. Each description of the places and the food tells me how much you love the place and its delicacies. I searched for the LIKE button for each of the photos you took.
Thank you NomadicLife ! Wish you could have come also. It would have been double fun then ! But definitely you should do this route asap before you get engaged with child's higher studies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neversaygbye View Post
Your TL made for an engrossing read on a Saturday morning. It has just the right balance of details and descriptions with excellent photos to boot! The Milky Way photo was especially amazing - we don't get to see that in most places these days.
Thanks once again for sharing this wonderful travelogue!
Thank you Neversaygbye ! With new, more comfortable and added horse power in your garage, you should just run for Chandratal The fun with these places are that their look changes with season. For me , I have not been there during Aug or in the apple season and I would love to go back again. But there are so many other destinations to cover. Tough choice to make.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP_Man View Post
Great travelog!
It appears that you are in lefthand drive car
Thanks IP_Man ! Right or left you have Spiti's dust surrounding you all over !

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambarish6 View Post
@mile_breaker Belated Happy Birthday.

A wonderful travelogue with beautiful moments captured in the most meticulous manner. The more I read, the more my yearning for long road trips grew. The best part was your detailed description about everything. All the best 👍👍
Thank you ! We are on same boat ! For a week may be post our trip I lived with a satisfactory feeling thinking that this would keep me bound to my home for many more months. But already my urge to go out again has started rising.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABHI_1512 View Post
One more breathtaking account of the wonderland called Spiti. Beautiful pictures, captivating locales and some splendid writing which aptly defines your handle name Mile_Breaker !
Thank you Abhi ! Hexa was at leisure in the whole trip. Most of the road was good hence no worry. I hope you plan soon and visit as I am looking forward for your trip. You have that talent to dig out many hidden gems (restaurant, food, acco) of a place which we may have missed.
Mile_Breaker is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 29th June 2024, 13:02   #21
Senior - BHPian

Lovely travelogue, made for a nice Saturday read. The step by step narration is short and crisp and makes us feel we travelled with you.

What I really liked is you didn't plan a rushed trip, and had enough time to explore not just Spiti but every place in between. The tour of Nako Village, that little maroon house with the yellow-maroon door in Nako, the feeling of dawn in Tabo, Nau Nabh heritage palace in Rampur Bushahr - all of these were unknown because I merely journeyed on through those towns. Makes me want to set out again, this time with more time in hand and more agreeable (summer) temperatures.

I just have one complaint. Most of your day photos appear a little overexposed/washed out with sunlight. Perhaps a better camera setting/post editing is in order for the next travelogue, which is eagerly awaited.
predatorwheelz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2024, 13:23   #22
BHPian

That's a lovely way to spend your birthday! Looks like a piece of cake for your Hexa traveling to some of the highest places(restaurant, post office etc) in the world.

I really enjoyed your pretty catalogue of photos. Please continue to break more happy miles!
Sandman689 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2024, 15:43   #23
BHPian

Nicely written travelogue. Thanks for sharing. Congratulations on completing your dream road trip to Spiti. Wish you many more road trips like this.
kousikjana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2024, 17:03   #24
Senior - BHPian

Better late than never Nil da, and its not for you, its for me catching up late on this excellent travel account of yours. Liked your precise and crisp narration, and the relevance of the photos too.

I really liked the Nako and Tabo episode of your journey - scenic exploratory and in the backdrop of the snow peaks. It any traveler's stage of fascination.

It was great meeting you on the highway during our return, I am still behind in writing my own TL. But hope someday will be able to get to Spiti. You and the Hexa pulled up some great timings on the highway I put them next to ours trust me.

Thank you for penning down this journey for all of us and wish you many more beautiful trips.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks