Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2024, 18:50   #1

A Roadtrip to Kannur

Hi guys,
This is my first post here on Team-Bhp. Always been a follower of the forum and finally decided to take the plunge and make an account for myself to share my road trip journey with all of you

As a pre new year ride, me and two other friends decided to have a fun little weekend ride and I don't know what escalated but we decided to go to kannur(some very good pictures coming up).

We left on the 16th of December at 4:30 am. Took our own sweet time covering the bangalore to mysore route by the service roads. Stopped for breakfast on the route towards Coorg as we decided to take the route via Hunsur-Gonikoppa-Virajpet. This is a must mention as the roads were clear of traffic and beautifully laid tarmac all the way till the Virajpet where the ghats started towards Kannur. Attaching a picture below for reference.
A Roadtrip to Kannur-dsc02745.jpg

A Roadtrip to Kannur-dsc02748.jpg

The ghats leading from Virajpet till Kerala border was only so-so, the roads being a little narrow for my comfort and some parts which was unpaved and full of potholes ( very few places which didnt stop me from channeling my inner mm93). But OH MY GOSH once we entered Kerala, it was sooo great. The views, the smooth and perfect road, no traffic all of it made me and my friends extremely happy and we maybe pushed our machines a little bit more.
A Roadtrip to Kannur-dsc02742.jpg
A Roadtrip to Kannur-dsc02759.jpg
This picture was taken after we descended the ghat and right before the border
A Roadtrip to Kannur-dsc02778.jpg
Picture taken right after we crossed the border after some regular cops check

Reached our hotel around 11 am and immediately removed gears and took a nice cold shower because if i forgot to mention, the weather in Kannur was veerryy hot and humid. Rested for a while, had lunch at a place which had a beach-view table( it was great man sigh) and went on for sightseeingggg

Kannur Fort and the Lighthouse were close by visits from our restaurant. A note for people who plan on going, carry an umbrella to cover from the sun and entry tickets have to bought for both you as well as the camera gear. Photos clicked and we were off to the place all of us were expecting to see the most.

Sunset with our bikes at Muzhappilangad Drive in Beach. We had a little struggle getting there as gmaps showed us some route that did not exist. Eventually we went to the locals for help and they did guide us to the correct way. We entered the beach, paid the entry ticket and man did all of us start laughing and smiling at the view in front of us. You really have to experience it once in your lifetime. You and your beloved machine side by side at the beach, every motorheads dream. The pictures we took were also some of the best I had ever taken in my lifetime. I can go on and on about this but i guess ill let the pictures talk for themselves.
A Roadtrip to Kannur-img_3849.jpg

A Roadtrip to Kannur-img_3913.jpg

Had dinner enroute to our hotel. Reached the hotel and fell asleep immediately with the hopes of leaving early the next day, which didnt happen. The boys slept through the morning and we left at 10 which was not our original plan. Same route home as we came and one hell of a journey this was.
theRRguy is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 1st February 2024, 10:43   #2
BHPian

Re: A Roadtrip to Kannur

Nice post. Short and informative.
Do you have the actual route mapped to Muzhappilangad? Planning to do the same.
Old 1st February 2024, 14:28   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theRRguy View Post
We entered the beach, paid the entry ticket and man did all of us start laughing and smiling at the view in front of us. You really have to experience it once in your lifetime. You and your beloved machine side by side at the beach, every motorheads dream.
I can understand your enthusiasm! I grew up a few kms from the beach. In fact, I learned to drive on the very beach!
GeneralJazz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2024, 14:51   #4

Hi, unfortunately didn't end up saving the route. Sorry couldn't be of help
Old 1st February 2024, 22:12   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theRRguy View Post
Hi, unfortunately didn't end up saving the route. Sorry couldn't be of help
No worries, exploring and riding towards the unknown is part of the fun.
Old 4th February 2024, 07:57   #6

Very glad to see you enjoy visiting my hometown. Hope you had a very enjoyable and safe ride, it certainly seems like you did from your enthusiasm!
If you find yourself coming to Kannur again, make sure to visit Chal beach, Thalassery Kadalpalam, and Baby beach, all of which offer great photo opportunities for your amazing motorcycle!
Old 4th February 2024, 11:32   #7
BHPian

Nicely written. Even I had done this route from Mysuru to Kannur via Coorg by road.
Kannur is a wonderful place to explore, especially the Fort and the drive-in beach.
A recommendation of mine would be this place called Niraamaya Retreats on the outskirts of Kannur in Morazha. It's an amazing place to relax and enjoy.
Please try this place the next time you go.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks