Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2007, 02:40   #1
BHPian

The Honey, The Moon and the Swiss Country Side!

No, this is not going to be a philmy bollywood love story about myself and my better half running around each other in lush green Swiss outfields. Infact, it was'nt so rosy for wifey. Reason? I was "sort of" distracted with the cars!. CARS, CARS, German, French, Italian, Japanese, Korean, British, and a few American makes too. However, I was'nt able to capture much of the cars. It was my honeymoon right? So imagine what people back home would get to see- " Beta kya photo nikala Switzerland ka? Ye kya, sirf gadiyan??"
So here are a few pictures of the cars I like. And I love the Italians. So you will see more of those. And to cover up for the lack of car pics, I'll try and throw in a few other pics. Here goes -

the baby Merc. Surprisingly, quite a few a few of these were being used by restaurants and others for home delivering stuff!

The Grande Punto. Though this one was'nt as neat as I would have liked. Plus, it had wheel caps instead of those awesome standard alloys. But yet, it did manage to stand out in the crowd. This one is sure to rock India. Its quite a roomy hatch.

Folks back home thought the headlamps looked like the Indica's

Thats the PUG 206CC, the Smart and the wifey. She thought it would be a good idea to get back at me by covering the cars in my pictures.

Oh thats the owner posing for us with his spanking new Audi S5. Yeah, it gotta be him alright. See.. thats an S5, and his tee has the same thing printed on it..5.! He does'nt look too happy with the bird poop on his car's hood though.

more to follow.....

Last edited by roms : 15th August 2007 at 02:46.
roms is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2007, 02:44   #2
Team-BHP Support

Nice coverage Roms. I have to agree with you that I did not like the colour as well as the stance in this particular angle of picture. Neither did I like the colour. Hope to see a front view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roms View Post
Oh thats the owner posing for us with his spanking new Audi S5. Yeah, it gotta be him alright.

more to follow.....
Is that you?
Old 15th August 2007, 03:55   #3
BHPian

This is a b..e..a..utiful looking Alfa. Its the Alfa Spider. Saw quite a few of these.

Yooohoo! A red hot Palio Weekender 1.6! Actually, it was anything but hot. Looked quite dull and boring in the surroundings. This is a Palio Weekender that was sold over here as the Siena Weekend.And I was almost about to buy one a few years back. Thats another story. Anyways, I thought the Palio was specifically meant for the third world. And this was'nt the only one around.

A real bad teaser.Why did'nt I click another picture.Sigh!

The Fiat Sedici/Suzuki SX4.

I love this cute little Italian. Its the Lancia Ypsilon

Yet another FIAT! Even though the Croma is a flop, I somehow did manage to see a lot of these....ahem, as ...um..taxis.Whatever, atleast someone is buying them.

And this is the best of the lot. One in every 5 Alfas was the new 159. And it is stunning. The Gran turismo alloys look outstanding in the flesh

Fiat Panda. This is a very well built car. It looked as tough as any other Fiat. Should have been launched in India.

The last kiss.the last of my pictures in Switzerland

These are all the cars I clicked. Want to upload a few more pictures. Will do that tomorrow.

Last edited by roms : 15th August 2007 at 04:06.
roms is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2007, 04:01   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Is that you?
Just saw your post buddy. Yeah, that is moi
Old 15th August 2007, 06:33   #5
Senior - BHPian

Nice collection of car pics roms !!

Congrats for your Honey Moon

Abhi
Old 15th August 2007, 11:01   #6
Senior - BHPian

Thats called the "Smart" Car from Merc, one of my favourites too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roms View Post
the baby Merc. Surprisingly, quite a few a few of these were being used by restaurants and others for home delivering stuff!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks