Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2024, 12:06   #16
BHPian

Re: Sonet Voyage: Hampi Heritage Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajathv8 View Post
How was the weather? Were the afternoons manageable?
How did you manage food during the day visits - are there sufficient lunch options in the vicinity?
The weather was thankfully cloudy when we visited. The afternoons can get hot though, carry a umbrella and water bottle at all times to be safe. Regarding the food, you will get a few snacks in Hampi but no restaurants as such. For that you have to go to either Kamlapur or Hospete ( Check out the place where I had lunch on Day 2, there are a lot of restaurants near to that place )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innysta View Post
Car Parking is available only at a few central locations - can you share the google map locations? It will be helpful for fellow travellers.
These places are unfortunately not listed on Google maps, let me just list out the locations near where you can park comfortably.
  • Hazara Rama Temple
  • Queens Bathhouse
  • Zanana Enclosure
  • Hampi Bazaar
  • Shree Vijaya Vitthala Temple
itspatra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th August 2024, 16:47   #17
BHPian

Update:

Roads: Decent roads. No matter what time you leave to Bangalore; you are bound to hit truck traffic. Leaving early still helps a little. This is only until Chitradurga; from there, the new highway is a breeze.

Food: Bangalore to Hampi - Pathetic. Dotted with dhabas. The only decent hotel is Anand Bhavan. This is perpetually busy, hence service is poor. Food is okay.
On the other side of the road you have paakashala restaurant. Good food and service.

Hampi: Great weather in the day. Rains late night. Was packed to the brim at all tourist spots.

Last edited by Boomerang : 17th August 2024 at 16:48.
Boomerang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2024, 10:34   #18
BHPian

Beautiful travelogue. I will be visiting Hampi for a day or day and half in couple of months. I will base this for planning my visits there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itspatra View Post
T I had pre-booked the Hampi Trip Tickets in the morning and this helped later on as not all the places in Hampi has a ticket counter.
From where do you book this?

Are there any decent hotels that might allow you to freshen up and checkout same day? I will be reaching Hosepet by train in the morning.

Will the Rama temple, Narasimha statue and Anjanadri hills be possible in a day? Is the above ticket needed for these places?
rajesh1868 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2024, 12:42   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
Beautiful travelogue. I will be visiting Hampi for a day or day and half in couple of months. I will base this for planning my visits there.

From where do you book this?

Are there any decent hotels that might allow you to freshen up and checkout same day? I will be reaching Hosepet by train in the morning.

Will the Rama temple, Narasimha statue and Anjanadri hills be possible in a day? Is the above ticket needed for these places?
https://asi.payumoney.com/

Thnaks for your kind words. Above is the Webpage . You can select Hampi Circle and go for Hampi Group of Monuments. This single Ticket covers the entire group of monuments here. Rama Temple and Narasimha Temple is also included and in the same general area. Anjanadri Hill is on the opposite side of the Tungabhadra River. You can go there in the evening as the last spot as we did. I think you can do it in a day. Not sure if hotels allow to just freshen up. Clarks inn is in Kamlapur and is just opposite the museum. It is also walking distance to the other monuments.
Clarks Inn

https://asi.payumoney.com/quick/ham
A quick booking link too
itspatra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2024, 22:58   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itspatra View Post
https://asi.payumoney.com/
You can select Hampi Circle and go for Hampi Group of Monuments. This single Ticket covers the entire group of monuments here. Rama Temple and Narasimha Temple is also included and in the same general area. Anjanadri Hill is on the opposite side of the Tungabhadra River. You can go there in the evening as the last spot as we did. I think you can do it in a day.
Thanks a lot for sharing. Is one full day enough to see the places you've mentioned in the travelogue? Do you have any preference in the sequence to go for? I heard car parking from main monuments (Virupaksha) are not near. Do you advice to hire locale auto or can we go by car?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks