Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2024, 13:36   #16
BHPian

Re: Get, set & go with Vijay | The beaches of Thailand | 10-day Holiday

You visited just before the peak rush hit, I was there a week later 24-31 and it was completely full everywhere however I must say I loved the Thai hospitality. We visited Bangkok, Krabi & Phuket over the week.

Hotels were consistently great; food was amazing and people served with a smile every where. Unfortunately Indian tourists do carry a really bad rep across the region, we need to be nice to others and follow basic etiquettes.

To the points mentioned I would add,

1. Grab was a great option for all cab needs in Bangkok even from the airports.

2. Use 12go asia for booking ferries, etc.

3. Viator has the best options for activities including island hopping and land activities but the costs are on a higher side.

4. Klook has multiple options for transport as well as activities at a much less cost but I wasn't very happy with their quality of experience.

5. 7/11s are life saver everywhere, from water bottles to snacks to masks, everything is available at decent prices.

Last edited by Bhodrolok : 16th January 2024 at 13:38. Reason: Added comment
Bhodrolok is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2024, 14:00   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhodrolok View Post
You visited just before the peak rush hit, I was there a week later 24-31 and it was completely full everywhere however I must say I loved the Thai hospitality. We visited Bangkok, Krabi & Phuket over the week.

Hotels were consistently great; food was amazing and people served with a smile every where. Unfortunately Indian tourists do carry a really bad rep across the region, we need to be nice to others and follow basic etiquettes.

To the points mentioned I would add,

1. Grab was a great option for all cab needs in Bangkok even from the airports.

2. Use 12go asia for booking ferries, etc.

3. Viator has the best options for activities including island hopping and land activities but the costs are on a higher side.

4. Klook has multiple options for transport as well as activities at a much less cost but I wasn't very happy with their quality of experience.

5. 7/11s are life saver everywhere, from water bottles to snacks to masks, everything is available at decent prices.
Maybe luck of the draw as in the days you were there we were heading back to Bangkok which is anyways already crowded.

However not sure of the crowd in Koh Yao Noi as compared to Krabi and Phuket as these places are already popular in the tourist circuit.

The pointers given are spot on especially 7/11 for purchases and the thai hospitality.

Would love to see photos of your trip especially of Krabi and perhaps Phi Phi.
Old 16th January 2024, 20:14   #18

Your 3rd day trip at Koh Hong looks eerily similar to Maya Bay minus all the crowd. It's practically a good alternative.
Old 23rd January 2024, 21:31   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWguy View Post
Your 3rd day trip at Koh Hong looks eerily similar to Maya Bay minus all the crowd. It's practically a good alternative.
Yes saw the stock photos of Maya bay and the looks are so identical.But as you pointed out minus the crowds and the icing onnteh cause was the 360 degree view point from there which gives a magical view of the islands around.
Old 26th January 2024, 14:32   #20

Beautiful Thailand!! Can't wait to visit you one day.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks