Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2023, 21:58   #16
BHPian

Re: Maiden Visit to Las Vegas, Nevada | Driving a 2023 Dodge Challenger in the “Sin City”

Excellent car choice for such a place! And the photos are excellent. You covered all the best parts of Vegas.
I am pleased to say that 5 years ago, I stayed in the same Hotel Venetian as you. I still remember the overpriced Indian food at the hotel. The Dodge Challenger is my favorite mopar muscle car of all time.
We mainly stayed in Vegas as we wanted to visit Death Valley and the Grand Canyon along with Hoover Dam. Las Vegas for a 11 year old was definitely not good, but enjoy the city.
We rented a Jeep Wrangler(which my dad found cumbersome to drive), and then traded it back in for a Nissan Versa for the Grand Canyon trip.
Raghav07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2023, 09:00   #17
BHPian

Re: Maiden Visit to Las Vegas, Nevada | Driving a 2023 Dodge Challenger in the “Sin City”

Great pics! We were there last weekend after a long roadtrip, ending it with the weekend in Vegas. I'll post up some pics in another post. I also noticed that the Lamborghini Urus in your pics had Alaska plates We're planning another roadtrip next year, where I'm planning on taking most likely my 1988 Trans-Am (ship down to Seattle and drive from there).
AKTransAM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2023, 21:51   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya_rao View Post
I would prefer the X3 over most similar sized SUVs, unless I'm carrying couple of bags and using all seats. It has the best mileage, good interiors, fun to drive over the so called economical ones I've driven. I get 17-18kmpl on highways, which is roughly 40MPG, so can't complain.
Oh! I just realized you also own the X3. So we are from the same club. Niceee!

Man, I reckon you drive the B48 (30i). It’s a beautiful machine and so smooth and relaxing to drive. That FE (40mpg) is insane.

Mine is the performance one and it’s difficult to go above 26mpg during long drives. City mostly it’s 21mpg which is nothing short of amazing considering how powerful the engine is.

But, when I rent cars, I steer away from the ones that I own as I love to experiment and obviously, it gives me a satisfaction when I get back home that my car choices aren’t bad. Lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya_rao View Post
I will let you know when I'm in LAS, you can show me the city in this car
I get booked pretty quickly. So book me in advance. (No pun intended).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghav07 View Post
Excellent car choice for such a place! And the photos are excellent. You covered all the best parts of Vegas.
I am pleased to say that 5 years ago, I stayed in the same Hotel Venetian as you. I still remember the overpriced Indian food at the hotel. The Dodge Challenger is my favorite mopar muscle car of all time.
We mainly stayed in Vegas as we wanted to visit Death Valley and the Grand Canyon along with Hoover Dam. Las Vegas for a 11 year old was definitely not good, but enjoy the city.
We rented a Jeep Wrangler(which my dad found cumbersome to drive), and then traded it back in for a Nissan Versa for the Grand Canyon trip.
Wow, you are all of 16 and you have experienced the “Sin City” already. Kudos to you and your family.

Mine too. Favorite MOPAR car for me is still the Challenger. Those looks are unbeatable in the muscle car world. But, I do love the Shelby’s too.

Nice to know about your visit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKTransAM View Post
Great pics! We were there last weekend after a long roadtrip, ending it with the weekend in Vegas. I'll post up some pics in another post. I also noticed that the Lamborghini Urus in your pics had Alaska plates. We're planning another roadtrip next year, where I'm planning on taking most likely my 1988 Trans-Am (ship down to Seattle and drive from there).
Super Ashwin. Looks like our trips overlapped a bit.

What? That Urus was with AK plates? Dammit. I never noticed as I have an eye for such detail. I reckon, I am getting old.

Let’s catch up in Seattle, would love to see the TRANSAM.

I am sure it will look every bit a legendary supercar when it’s shooting down the US 101 and PCH1.
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2023, 05:13   #19
BHPian

Great Pictures reminded me of my trip to Vegas, many years ago which is already shared in this forum. Saw quite a number of fantastic additions to the place.
I have visited Yosemite early this month. The weather was rainy and snow shower which ruined my Photography and a possible TL.
Amrik Singh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2023, 18:13   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Wow, you are all of 16 and you have experienced the “Sin City” already. Kudos to you and your family.
Mine too. Favorite MOPAR car for me is still the Challenger. Those looks are unbeatable in the muscle car world. But, I do love the Shelby’s too.
Nice to know about your visit.
The Mustang is my favorite sports car of all time. My dream one is a 2021 Mach 1 with the Tremec 6 speed and Aero Package.

On experiencing Sin City, I didn't know it was called that until I was 13. But only saw a few places on the Strip, like Gordon Ramsay's restaurant, the candy museum and the fountain shows.

Also I had a broken arm at the time, so I couldn't enjoy the hot tub in the hotel room.

Also remember waking up in the hotel to see on the news about a Aston Martin crash right in front of the candy museum! My dad and me went to check, but it had been towed already.
Raghav07 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks