Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2023, 20:52   #16
BHPian

Re: Deity Calling - My AshtaVinayak Roadtrip

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_tjet View Post
Hi DieselAnna, there is a ‘Palki’ arrangement in Lenyadri. Four people will carry it to the top and bring back the devotee who isn’t able/want to climb. You can check for prices once there.
Again thanking for the travelogue. I did the Ashtavinayak trip with my parents and uncle aunty in my Scross last weekend ie 2-4 June from Mumbai.

I did the exact same sequence as you did. First day we did Morgaon, Siddhatek, Theur, Ranjangaon.
We stayed at Chakan for first night. We did almost 500kms on this day and reached the Hotel at 7pm. It was tiring due to he heat but easily doable because there were hardly any queue at the temple.

Second day we did Ozar and Lenyadri. Only thing was, we did Ozar first around 10-11am and then went to Lenyadri. The heat was bad as sun was right on our head. My mom and uncle took the "palki". Paid 1000/head. It was totally worth it. Kudos to the effort these guys take. Otherwise it was impossible who want to go but might skip for health reasons.

Second night we again stayed at Chakan, right opposite Mahindra plant. I chose Chakan to keep minimal driving on 2nd day. We did around 120kms and man what a surprise, the drive was. Enjoyed thoroughly. Beautiful road sections with some curvy roads.

Third day morning we left for Mahad and then went to Pali. At both places we encountered some queue, which was expected as it was a Sunday. While returning to Mumbai, i took the Mumbai-Goa highway, just for timepass. It was wrong decision on my part, I should have come back via Khopoli. The road conditions are bad on Mumbai-Goa highway. My car got 2 bad hits on some potholes

All in all, it was a trip to remember. The temples were absolutely clean and lesser rush meant it was peaceful too. My parents were very happy as this was their first time. I am not so into temples but i never mind such trips. The drive was absolutely fantastic. On some single lane roads I could maintain 100kmph very easily due to minimal traffic. Covered 800kms in total. Special mention for the Maruti Aircon which cooled the cabin quickly even after being parked under hot sun for long duration.
Attached Thumbnails
Deity Calling - My AshtaVinayak Roadtrip-img_20230602_052453.jpg  

Deity Calling - My AshtaVinayak Roadtrip-img_20230602_154028.jpg  

Deity Calling - My AshtaVinayak Roadtrip-img_20230603_113326.jpg  

Deity Calling - My AshtaVinayak Roadtrip-img_20230603_125657.jpg  

Deity Calling - My AshtaVinayak Roadtrip-img_20230604_080159.jpg  

Deity Calling - My AshtaVinayak Roadtrip-img_20230603_204710.jpg  

Last edited by DieselAnna : 15th June 2023 at 20:58. Reason: Spell check
DieselAnna is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th August 2023, 10:17   #17
Senior - BHPian

Hello all!

I am planning to do Asthavinayak darshan this long weekend. Can someone confirm the road conditions? Also, the plan is this way:

Day 1: Mumbai to Morgaon (Kiddo has school in the morning so journey starts in afternoon)
Day 2: Siddhtek, Theur, Ranjangaon and finally Ozar
Day 3: Lenyadri, Mahad, Pali and then Mumbai

Stay options recommendations will be highly appreciated. I am going with senior citizens so that has to be considered. Any VIP passes that can be bought for avoiding the crowds?

Any changes to the above plan will be welcome please.
amtak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2023, 10:31   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
I am planning to do Asthavinayak darshan this long weekend. Can someone confirm the road conditions?
Day 1:….
Day 3:…. Any VIP passes that can be bought for avoiding the crowds?
Hey Amit, since bhpian dieselanna did this in June itself, I doubt if road conditions will deteriorate much apart from Malshej ghat patch if you are using that to proceed towards Mahad instead of via Chakan.

Regarding stay - Ranjangaon, Ozhar and Lenyadri will have decent options near to temple . I stayed in Bhaktsansthan in Ozhar and will advise you to give it a pass. Look for the private ones.

Please get a VIP pass for Ranjangaon. Apart from that, Mahad/Pali, I suppose have a VIP pass option. Not sure on this though.

Hope this helps. Happy journey!
abhi_tjet is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2023, 11:35   #19
Senior - BHPian

Thank you Abhi. I will look for VIP options considering the long weekend and will skip the bhaktanivas at Ranjangaon as recommended.
amtak is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks