Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2022, 16:51   #16
BHPian

Re: A Weekend in a Jungle Lodge: A Short Photologue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.AD View Post

Prologue

Well, that is all folks!
'That is all'?? ... where are the beautiful pics of the 320d? those 'machine blending into nature' pics?
Just kidding... As usual, amazing pics ..
kiran_aithal is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2022, 17:25   #17
Team-BHP Support

Awesome pictures and crisp write-up AD! The location of the jungle lodge and the view from the room looks superb! Will add this to the list for a future trip.
graaja is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2022, 20:32   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiran_aithal View Post
'That is all'?? ... where are the beautiful pics of the 320d? those 'machine blending into nature' pics?
Hahaha. Decided to take a short break from the Red 320d pictures as they were getting a bit repetitive. Anyways, a couple of long drives in the 320d are planned soon and I am sure I will not be able to resist sharing some 320d photos then.

Quote:
Just kidding... As usual, amazing pics ..
Thank you very much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
Awesome pictures and crisp write-up AD! The location of the jungle lodge and the view from the room looks superb! Will add this to the list for a future trip.
Thank you very much, Coach! Yes this particular jungle lodge is really nice! One of the better ones out of all the JLR properties I have visited. Ironically, this is also one of the rare JLR properties without any safari. But even without a safari, the place is really nice just to sit and enjoy the amazing views and the location. I am sure to visit it again just to sit there and read a book.

Last edited by Dr.AD : 12th October 2022 at 20:36.
Dr.AD is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 13th October 2022, 09:46   #19
Senior - BHPian

This property is underrated, the view is stunning and they organize activities to keep you engaged. Quite sometime back they tried organizing safari at a nearby reserve forest but due to lack of wild life the plan did not take off. Great pictures as always AD.
PrideRed is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 13th October 2022, 10:53   #20
BHPian

Nice & crisp update. beautiful pictures.

The sunset view from the bridge is a sight to behold. It covers hills, river and the sun setting behind hills is a treat for the eyes.
anand_hc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th October 2022, 12:46   #21
BHPian

Amazing pictures and Travelogue Dr. AD. Truly is a breathtaking place with stunning views . Only the drive down from Kargal town due to broken & patchy roads is a bit downer.

My Wife's cousin owns a property and home just about 100 Meters down the road from JLR and we make it a point to visit at least once a year. Through his property we could access the water which is just around waist deep & we would just spend a whole evening swimming & having campfires . We had just visited this May and your post brings back fond memories.

Attaching a few pictures and a video from our previous visits.

A Weekend in a Jungle Lodge: A Short Photologue-whatsapp-image-20221013-12.26.27-pm-1.jpeg

A Weekend in a Jungle Lodge: A Short Photologue-whatsapp-image-20221013-12.26.27-pm-2.jpeg

A Weekend in a Jungle Lodge: A Short Photologue-whatsapp-image-20221013-12.26.27-pm.jpeg
Mahesh Prasad is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th October 2022, 12:55   #22
BHPian

Thank you for sharing. This is among the most accessible JLR properties and probably the best choice of stay to visit Jog Falls. We had a memorable visit last year during the monsoon.

The water sports at the reservoir will be great for families to spend time here. All in all a very good package for a weekend !
ellip5i5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2022, 13:06   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
This property is underrated, the view is stunning and they organize activities to keep you engaged. Quite sometime back they tried organizing safari at a nearby reserve forest but due to lack of wild life the plan did not take off. Great pictures as always AD.
Thanks a lot. Yes the property is surprisingly good. This is surely one of the better JLRs. Even the room was better than the typical JLR standards we expected. For activities, boating and kayaking is included in the package, and there are plenty of other water sports available for additional fees. They also have a Jeep tour of Jog Falls (included in the package). We took that tour in the morning. But honestly, given the very low water flow, Jog Falls was quite an underwhelming sight this time.

However, keeping aside the activities, sitting in the balcony of those lovely cottages and just enjoying the amazing views and the peaceful nature is probably one of the best things one could do there. I certainly enjoyed this more than any other "activity" they had on offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anand_hc View Post
Nice & crisp update. beautiful pictures.
Thank you very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahesh Prasad View Post
Amazing pictures and Travelogue Dr. AD. Truly is a breathtaking place with stunning views . Only the drive down from Kargal town due to broken & patchy roads is a bit downer.
Thank you very much. Yes the last 2.5km approach road is quite bad. But once you reach the place and see the beauty of the location and the views from the property, those pains of bad road are quickly forgotten.

Quote:
My Wife's cousin owns a property and home just about 100 Meters down the road from JLR and we make it a point to visit at least once a year.

Attaching a few pictures and a video from our previous visits.
Wow! We saw many pretty houses hidden in the thick tress along the road leading to JLR. Some of those houses were incredibly beautiful. I think this must of one of those nice houses on the road that we saw.

Nice pictures. Thanks for sharing.
Dr.AD is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2022, 15:09   #24

Felt as if I have been there, after reading your post. You have caught the play of light quite well. Cheers to you!
madjack is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2022, 15:50   #25
BHPian

Excellent photographs.

Only thing missing is photos of FOOD.
yoscenario2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2022, 17:09   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellip5i5 View Post
This is among the most accessible JLR properties and probably the best choice of stay to visit Jog Falls.

The water sports at the reservoir will be great for families to spend time here. All in all a very good package for a weekend !
True. In a weekend trip one can visit Jog Falls and also enjoy the water sports and the scenery in the JLR property. It is a perfect weekend package.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madjack View Post
Felt as if I have been there, after reading your post. You have caught the play of light quite well. Cheers to you!
Thank you very much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoscenario2000 View Post
Excellent photographs.
Thank you very much!

Quote:
Only thing missing is photos of FOOD.
Hahaha. Those are the kind of photos which make a travelogue long and unwieldy, which I was trying to avoid this time.

Jokes apart, the food at any JLR property is hardly photogenic. The food was good and tasty for sure, and we did enjoy the food. But it was regular home style food kept in large and messy containers on a buffet counter. There is neither presentation nor any aesthetic appeal in the food servings there. Therefore, the thought of taking any food photos never crossed my mind in the entire trip.
Old 13th October 2022, 17:19   #27
BHPian

Lovely pictures as always Dr.AD, even better than the ones in their own website. They should give you a complementary night for showcasing its true beauty! BTW, I am surprised by the missing pictures of your red rani. Most of your travelogues carry at least one shot of her in a picturesque setting
SR-71 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2022, 21:24   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
Lovely pictures as always Dr.AD, even better than the ones in their own website.
Thank you very much for your kind words!

Quote:
BTW, I am surprised by the missing pictures of your red rani. Most of your travelogues carry at least one shot of her in a picturesque setting
Well, given the horrible road conditions I faced in a couple of my recent drives after the heavy monsoon this year, I decided to give a short rest to the "red rani" (as you called it; nice name by the way ), and instead, used my "Old Faithful", SX4 for this trip. And I am glad I took the SX4. The last 2.5km approach road to JLR is in very bad shape, and the 320d would have struggled there for sure.

Anyways, I have some nice drives planned in the "red rani" soon, and will definitely post a few more usual car photos soon.
Old 13th October 2022, 23:53   #29
BHPian

Beautiful pics doc, methinks you're too humble about your photography skills.
The light and shade - oh so dreamy!
digitalnirvana is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2022, 10:53   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalnirvana View Post
Beautiful pics doc, methinks you're too humble about your photography skills.
The light and shade - oh so dreamy!
Thank you very much for your kind words and appreciation!

Regarding photography skills, I have taken a few complete courses in photography and they helped me a lot. I also practice a lot even with simple home objects and practice capturing lights and shadows. I have slowly graduated to using full manual mode in camera and have even started appreciating the manual mode and can see what it brings over the other modes. It has been a great learning and also a great fun so far. This is one of the serious hobbies for me now. But overall, I still consider myself a beginner and I know I have a steep learning curve ahead :-)

Last edited by Dr.AD : 15th October 2022 at 11:00.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks