Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2022, 22:14   #16
BANNED

Re: Rain-drenched Maharashtra and an Old Car

Glad to see the SX4 put to use, I too own a 2007 ZXI model and am very much satisfied and happy, it's such a beast!
GC is not a huge issue, I too have travelled on really bad roads and not even once it has hit the road.

It's been 15 years now, still I can't get over the fact that i have to part ways soon. I can't drive a manual due to slip disc and it's too big to drive it in city.

Never sell that car of yours, you will never find one like it.
Piyush Kanthak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2022, 10:36   #17

That first picture took me straight back to a thread on this forum that I'd call my favourite: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/trave...karnataka.html (My monsoon solo: 2000 km & 7 days of wandering through Konkan, Goa and Western Karnataka)

Have been a fan of your travels since, and enjoyed this one as well.

Beautiful scenery! The monsoons and the Western Ghats are made for each other, especially in Maharashtra with the valley views (definitely not counting out the other states). Amazing views await at every turn through these hills.
hari_191 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2022, 11:46   #18
BHPian

You surely are making the most of the monsoons! Loved the pics...would you mind sharing the details of the bungalow, would love to rent it out sooner than later! PM or share here whichever is comfortable with you.
Enjoyed your travelogue!
cheers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.AD View Post
[h3]

The waterfront area of the property, in front of the bungalow, and leading to the lake:
Attachment 2363703
pineapple_ameet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2022, 11:23   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harshbhat View Post
Well, I also have the same a 2010 SX4 ZXI with 1 lakh kms on the odo. What a practical car it is! Throw in any roads, it just survives!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyush Kanthak View Post
Glad to see the SX4 put to use, I too own a 2007 ZXI model and am very much satisfied and happy, it's such a beast!
Agree with you guys. SX4 is really a very good practical car. It does have its shortcomings (which car does not?), but if one could live with those shortcomings then it is a good car for cross-country touring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueConverted View Post
Lovely pictures! The west coast in the monsoons is truly stunning; I had the opportunity of spending time there last year and was left yearning for more.
All in all, MH in the monsoons: sublime.
Thank you! Yes that area is indeed sublime in the monsoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hari_191 View Post
That first picture took me straight back to a thread on this forum that I'd call my favourite: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/trave...karnataka.html (My monsoon solo: 2000 km & 7 days of wandering through Konkan, Goa and Western Karnataka)

Have been a fan of your travels since, and enjoyed this one as well.
Thank you very much! It is so nice of you to remember that old thread. Yes, that old travel back in 2016 started my monsoon drives in MH and thankfully those still continue now six years later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pineapple_ameet View Post
You surely are making the most of the monsoons! Loved the pics...would you mind sharing the details of the bungalow, would love to rent it out sooner than later! PM or share here whichever is comfortable with you.
Enjoyed your travelogue!
Thank you very much!

Sure, I can share the details here. The place is really awesome and I would surely recommend it to anyone wishing to travel in that area (but be prepared to tackle some really bad roads before you reach that heavenly place!).

The main property published in the online booking portals is called "Jumbo Paradise" or also called "Jumbo Farms" : https://goo.gl/maps/Spne1TDiG9aKji2w9

These are cottages which are available for booking. However, right in the same premises, there is this 5-bedroom bungalow which is available on Airbnb at this link: https://www.airbnb.co.in/rooms/43670118

Last edited by Dr.AD : 5th October 2022 at 11:33.
Dr.AD is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 8th October 2022, 14:42   #20
BHPian

Very enjoyable read. Your lucid and simple style of writing and the beautiful images make your posts very engrossing and I surely look forward to them.
UD2021 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2022, 19:24   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UD2021 View Post
Very enjoyable read. Your lucid and simple style of writing and the beautiful images make your posts very engrossing and I surely look forward to them.
Thank you very much! Really appreciate your kind words and the encouragement!
Dr.AD is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2022, 22:34   #22
BHPian

Amazing travelogue and brilliant pictures which showcases the beauty of this part of the country esp during monsoons. Being in Pune, I have had the good fortune of having been to most of these places.

Thanks for sharing
ramnath_77 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks