Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2022, 20:17   #16
BHPian

Re: 'Me Time': A quick round trip to Mumbai in 1A coach

Amazing write up buddy. The No questions asked weekend is the stuff dreams are made of. With 5 year old twins there is no way my wife is giving me this offer. Trains always evoke nostalgia in me with flashbacks of numerous journeys undertaken. LTT used to be the station for us to reach Udupi (manipal). The Konkan railway was a bliss with the delicious biryani available onboard at Chiplun being the highlight for the ever hungry students. I wish IR does something to make LTT more user friendly.
sharad_kmc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2022, 21:30   #17
rkw
BHPian

Nice travelogue! Such leisure travel can be fun. Very nice idea of train travel. I could till now relate to road journeys only in this context. Pune-Mumbai route is scenic ofcourse.
I am surprised that LTT station hasn't changed much. Unlike other long distance stations in Mumbai (maybe with the exception of Bandra T) which are connected with local train stations, accessibility to LTT itself is difficult from Tilak Nagar local train station.
rkw is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2022, 21:54   #18

Forsyth fan spotted!

Nice travelogue. Must agree that 1A Class is a class in itself and offers a very unique experience on the wheels.
Stardust is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2022, 22:56   #19
BHPian

Excellent post!! I am all excited to do a train trip as well
what like more was the agreement part, let us know how long has the agreement lasted/lasting, wish you many more rides!!
npawan29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2022, 17:52   #20
BHPian

I haven't read anything more relatable. Such a nice writeup! The set-up of how you could do it with the arrangement in the family is mouth watering for many of us! I too have such arrangement, giving 'me time' to each other on weekends but for only 2-3 hours (we got two kids).

Your post encouraged me to propose a deal to the next level, 'me time' for a day. Why not !
sushantk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2022, 14:49   #21
Senior - BHPian

I can't find words to express my gratitude to all the people who have replied and thanked my post

This is a real motivation and I'll try my best to reply to some as early as possible. Thank you once again !
Old 18th July 2022, 15:31   #22
BHPian

Excellent Post !!!

I have done lots of train travel between Pune and Mumbai in my childhood. It reduced drastically with the Mumbai Pune expressway and start of Volvo buses between the cities.

I would definitely love to travel Mumbai Pune during Monsoons in a Vistadome. That is part of my to do list. But as you say the wait list is very long !!!

Loved the idea of the Airport. I have a 4 year old at home and we will definitely try something like that on a weekend.
chhotagujju is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks