Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2007, 10:19   #16
Team-BHP Support

Friday 15Jun'07 - Sawantwadi. Wasn't tired and my relatives didn't believe I drove all the way and wasn't tired. They fed me some nice Mutton for dinner and it was one of the best I ever had. Did general timepass and went to my favourite Icecream joint to have fruit jelly. NH-17 view along the lake:

Next morning I was woken up by heavy rain crashing on the roof made of Mangalore tiles. Opened the door to see a pleasant climate. Decided to go for an early morning stroll which we are not lucky enough to get in Pune.

Early morning pictures around Sawantwadi:

1) Car view:

2) This is Atmeshwar pond outside a temple. The picture doesn't do justice to the nice architecture:

3) An old Landmaster (predecessor of the Amby):

3) Our old ancestral house in Sawantwadi:

4) Moti lake early morning. The mountain in the background is in clouds. It offered a breathtaking view:

5) Heritage city spoilt with plastic bottles:

Old 19th June 2007, 10:23   #17
Team-BHP Support

major, Surprise, Hydra, N_C, RJstyle, toinngg, Crazydriver thanks for the comments.

I will post the Goa report shortly but there isn't much of what you guys are thinking there is .
Old 19th June 2007, 11:04   #18
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics and well described account, Waiting to hear about Goa blasts....

Abhi
Old 19th June 2007, 12:10   #19
Team-BHP Support

Thanks akroy. You are an inspiration for this travelogue.

Crazy Driver, Kerala drive is on cards but I need a long holiday to drive down.
Old 19th June 2007, 12:46   #20
Team-BHP Support

Headed off to a beach around 30 kms from Sawantwadi. The place is called Shiroda (co-incidentally my native in Goa is also Shiroda named by Portuguese as Siroda and is close to Ilha-de-Rachol in Raia from Margao). This is a deserted beach and very very clean compared to the beaches in Goa. Not a soul seen around but a very very clean beach:

Came back and headed off to Goa in the afternoon around 2:00 pm. Called up my cousin and my best friend there and asked them to meet me around Baga beach. Since he was 50 kms away from Baga and my friend was giving his exams I thought I will hang around at the only shack open around that place. Some pictures around the shack:

The yellow kurta clad female was giving me company and we had a brief conversation before she smoked some black stuff which totally got her into dance and running around mode. Was funny but she was a great person to talk to. Had coffee first then went on to have a breezer then shared prawns rawa fry and beer with me. The shack guy was also bored hence we sat and had a chat for sometime.

My cousin made it to Baga by then. Parked his bike and we decided to do drink beer at every hotel that comes over way on the way to our fav beach in Goa. It is somewhere between Anjuna and Vagator. Agreed and then we stopped at Field Top hotel first. Did not like food there. Went ahead to Starlight restaurant, the best for good food around Arpora. Stopped next at Sea view and then 1 more place (I dont remember the name since I am already on a few beers by now and so is my cousin). It is pouring continuously but I have no complains. It is fun to be in Goa when it is not crowded and you need to learn to enjoy yourselves whatever be the conditions. Went on to our fav beach and clicked a few pictures. Has anyone been here before? Hilltop restaurant is very close to this place and a favourite place for year end parties:

Friend finished his exams and was back in Arpora, he suggested that we go to Fort Aguada. The fort was built in 1612 thats all I remember now lol. Not much to describe here but it is worth a tenth watch that I had, probably the first one in monsoons:

No log for night # 2 to Sunday afternoon .
Old 19th June 2007, 12:46   #21
Team-BHP Support

The saddest part was going to be going back to Pune. Left at around 2:45 pm from the Mapusa petrol bunk after topping up the tank and reached Pune at 08:30 in the night. A continuous drive with NO stops except for toll. No leak breaks, et al. Only good part of the return journey was driving through dense fog in Amboli at 4 in the afternoon. It was scenic! Reached home with odometer showing 13674 kms. Met up with team-bhpians on the meet.

Synopsis:

Total distance travelled: 1036 kms.
Total fuel consumed: Approx a tankfull and another 3/4th tank.
No. Of beers had: No count!
Fun factor: 200%
Best drive: From detour of NH-4 to Sawantwadi through State highways.
Will I do it again?: Yes on the bike next time.
Old 19th June 2007, 13:23   #22
BHPian

Great one MF!! Loved every part of it
Old 19th June 2007, 17:04   #23
BHPian

A great travelogue indeed! Was going through every bit of your journey and had the feeling that I was a partaking in the journey too. Well written and great snaps.
Old 19th June 2007, 17:29   #24
BHPian

Good Pics and a good write up. your car is lookin great
Old 20th June 2007, 00:29   #25
BHPian

Wowee! What an experience Kiran. Got totally hooked on to this thread.Lovely write up, lovely weather, lovely drive, lovely place, lovely car, lovely pictures.This weather is such a turn on right? You actually did a 'Dil Chahta hai' thingy, albeit all by yourself. Cheers dude!
Old 20th June 2007, 02:10   #26
BHPian

Looks like you had a blast! The next time do give us a holla! Did you try a walk through the dungeon (so its called) at fort aguada? Am originally from Raia too! SO we are village buds
Old 20th June 2007, 09:53   #27
Team-BHP Support

Thanks Rajesh, Suren, greatDrive, Romil and Rohan. I am glad you guys liked the write up.

Rohan, I am not from Raia but very close to Raia, just a ferry crossing away. I have a house in Shiroda (Borim one). I shall sure get in touch with you right. What is dungeon, I was in a merry mood to try a dungeon walk . What is special about it? So many years in Goa and I haven't tried it ever.

Sending you a PM.
Old 20th June 2007, 11:55   #28
Senior - BHPian

Great log Kiran & awesome pics

Seems like its solo long drive season for Pune TBhpians
Old 20th June 2007, 14:26   #29
BHPian

Hey Dude,
You are one lucky fellow, I envy you. I rally like solo rides/drives. You planned the trip at the right time. Great pics and writeup. Waiting for my trip to happen next month.
Old 20th June 2007, 15:56   #30
Team-BHP Support

Thanks Kedar and Ravi.

Yup Kedar, I guess its solo driving season for Pune Team-bhp. How about doing a Pune team-bhp drive / ride soon?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks