Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2021, 23:39   #16
BHPian

Re: Meghalaya - Self Drive

I am sorry if I missed it because I was too enthralled by the amazing photos and only skimmed the writeup but what camera did you use for these photos? Surely not on just a mobile phone?!?
anandhsub is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2021, 01:59   #17
BHPian

Incredible! Thanks for posting.
Truly mesmerising
P72NX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2021, 08:52   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandhsub View Post
what camera did you use for these photos? Surely not on just a mobile phone?!?
Most photos are from iPhone 11.
Few of them from Nikon D5600 with either 18-55 or 70-300 lens.
(Spider closeup was with 70-300 lens)
I also carried a GoPro for underwater videos which i haven't uploaded here as they did not come out that well.

Postprocessed few pics using Snapseed. These places are more beautiful in reality than in the pics.
nikhil.neon is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2021, 09:16   #19
BHPian

I met several solo bikers. Some had rented bikes from Guwahati. I did spot sizable no of gearless scooter & Aprilias. Roads are ideal for bikes and the distances are short. Bikes should be more fun!

Thanks so much! Im trying to decide between the Himalayan and my new(soon to buy) TVS RTR 160. But anyways, I do hope it'll be a lot of fun as a friend recently offered to take me along in his Thar 2019....
MadSnapper is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2021, 09:40   #20

Great locations and write up. I have been traveling extensively, by road, regularly, between KA, AP, TN, GA and MH since 2003 and always end up finding relatively unexplored places between these states whenever I go off the usual charted paths. Over the years I have observed alarmingly that even the relatively un-explored places have been invaded by plastic waste, compared to how it was driving without Google maps in 2003.

In 2020 I made a round trip to UK starting at Visakhapatnam>TS>HYD>GA>MUM>GJ>RJ>DL>UP>UK>UP>MP>O D>AP>Visakhapatnam. Even during this elaborate road-trip, saving a few remote places and villages in UK, even the streams, paths and roads were all littered with plastic waste.

So refreshing to see a place that seems to have no traces of any such litter.
Ashok.Vardhan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2021, 11:04   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashok.Vardhan View Post

So refreshing to see a place that seems to have no traces of any such litter.
Each time I see a place that is so pristine, and untouched--by non-degradable plastic litter left behind by people--I am very divided; between the desire to share this new place with others like-minded & conscientious individuals also seeking to discover and explore new destinations in our expansive natural national landscape, and as a consequence bearing the responsibility of opening it up to potential destruction by those who aren't. Or, letting it be, waiting to be discovered by those fortunate and lucky enough to be passing that way again, and not risking it being invaded by irresponsible travelers.
Ashok.Vardhan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2021, 15:11   #22
BHPian

Thanks for sharing this detailed blog with amazing pictures.
I remember seeing a youtube video of that bamboo trail. The guy freaked out and backed off half way through. SO it is certainly not every ones cup of tea.
thirugata is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2021, 23:40   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirugata View Post
I remember seeing a Youtube video of that bamboo trail. The guy freaked out and backed off half way through. SO it is certainly not every ones cup of tea.
Well we met a family from Mangalore, KA. Eldest in the family was 72!. They completed the trail with a specially abled person and probably the eldest lady in the group was 60+. I reckon they must be used to physical activities on a daily basis as all of them were fit. We met them all again at rainbow falls.

Met another person who was easily 60 and completed the trail while his daughter was all breathless during the return climb.

Except for those with extreme fear of height, this should be doable.
Old 14th December 2021, 07:27   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil.neon View Post
Well we met a family from Mangalore, KA. Eldest in the family was 72!. They completed the trail with a specially abled person and probably the eldest lady in the group was 60+. I reckon they must be used to physical activities on a daily basis as all of them were fit. We met them all again at rainbow falls.

Met another person who was easily 60 and completed the trail while his daughter was all breathless during the return climb.

Except for those with extreme fear of height, this should be doable.
Yes, it has nothing to do with the age factor. It is just that, some people cant manage heights well. So it is mental strength. The guy i mentioned about had acrophobia.
It is certainly in my bucket list to do this track.. some day..
thirugata is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2021, 12:53   #25
Senior - BHPian

Wonderful travelogue, gives some very good perspective of Meghalaya touring and would be one of my references in future when I can find an opportunity to travel myself. The photos of blue water in those waterfalls can easily make one believe this to be Maldives or any other international Asian tourism destinations and the Dawki continues to be a stunning addition on top of it. The Baboo trail is indeed looking quite dangerous and thrilling, wonder if it can be done with kids.

Seems Zoom car is obsessed with Red Cretas since one of my acquaintances went on a similar Air - road trip to Meghalaya several years back and the two families hired two red Cretas only from zoom car.

Keep travelling and sharing more of your journeys. Rated 5 stars

Last edited by haisaikat : 14th December 2021 at 12:54.
haisaikat is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2021, 21:13   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil.neon View Post
Hope you enjoyed the read.
Thanks Nikhil for sharing this wonderful travelogue. The pictures, just mesmerizing!!
metalheadnomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2023, 18:04   #27

Brilliant article, Nikhil. I am planning a trip to Meghalaya in Feb and found your post very interesting. However, I have some questions and was wondering if you can help. If you can PM me your email id, I can reach out. Thanks.
sunilaklujkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2023, 19:29   #28
BHPian

Thanks for sharing all the details in your t-log. Really very well written and amazing pictures. I am planning to go to Meghalaya this year and this is really helping me making my plan ready.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks