Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2021, 15:38   #16
BHPian

Re: Road trip to Himachal

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayakc View Post
Suro, Visit to Shimla Mall & Travel to Sangla

Great post.
Made me want to pack up my bags & take the family for a long trip to the mountains.
Honestly, nothing beats the sheer joy of driving up the mountains, with plenty of stops enroute to soak in the beautiful scenery and of course, indulge in the food at various joints.

Last edited by Rehaan : 25th November 2021 at 15:45. Reason: Fixing quote tag
YK85 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2021, 18:27   #17
BHPian

Sayak, Congratulations. This is by far one of the best written accounts of all time on TBHP. The superior usage of situation centric phrases along with the recollection of memories from this and other journeys make this an absolute delight to read. The classic example is the concluding line which reflects exactly every other Bengali's thought.

Quote:
"The Pujo revelry was all over, but the bamboo structure of the pandals and lights stood like skeletons of the carnival like time which passed through the city only a few days back!!"
You have put the perfect genre of text to accompany the beautiful photos that decorate this travelogue.

The road from Sangla to Chitkul seems to be a visual wonder with nature at its best and abundance of snowy peaks if you look up, will compel most to start packing bags and heading out for it.

And that duplex treehouse resort at Suro seems to be the perfect nature stay, excellent choice.

The clouds seems to be the perfect game spoiler in this belt especially at this time of year, something also faced by me. But you were lucky that this year snows came early and you got spared from his hassles, your timing has been very good.

Rated 5 stars and eagerly waiting for your next venture in your magic red carpet.
haisaikat is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2021, 23:54   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayakc View Post
Stop for a while ....
because there is so much to listen as well. May be it’s a flycatcher’s call or a squirrel nibbling onto a hanging pine cone
Beautiful! It's simply beautiful. You have captured the essence of your journey through surreal pictures and equally vivid words. I had glanced through this mesmerizing travelogue of your in the morning yesterday. However, I wanted to enjoy it slowly as a bedtime reading. Few minutes ago, I finished reading it again from the beginning and I cannot stop myself from posting this message as a small token of appreciation of your breathtaking travelogue.

Best wishes,
gmhossain is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 00:54   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Hello Sayak!

This is one of the best writings here, no doubt. This is one log where words stole the beauty of pictures.
Good to see you travel. Rating it well deserved 5*.

Regards.
saket77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 12:05   #20
BHPian

Thank you for an extremely well written travelogue.

The first photo, which showed the “stars in motion” was an excellent one. Really wonderful.

The route chosen was also quite comprehensive and Congratulations for completing the same safely.
Dibyendu Bose is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2021, 18:36   #21
BHPian

Thank you Sumanta! The journey to Chitkul was quite an experience - snow peaks, meadows, valleys what ever you say, you get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neversaygbye View Post
Your travelogue reminded me of my own trips to Varanasi and HP - only that I never drove down to Chitkul in my own car.
Thank you Samba!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Am a fan of your narration, your travelogues are like a poetry on wheels!
Hello Abhishek,
I think the colour red - stands out in the mountains. Food of course, needs no introduction since we live to travel and travel to eat .After spending a couple of nights in Suro, we were wondering why did we not book it for another night - such a lovely place it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABHI_1512 View Post
The pictures are just so good specially the car pictures with the greens or with the clear blue skies. The caramel custards, the pizzas, the butter chicken, you name it and you have it all throughout your journey. The Suro Tree Resort surely looks divine and is a winner amongst the Johnsons and the Suryas. Just the kind of place where one can spend some gingerly time when there is no end to your leisure time
Thank you turbo! I personally, wasn't too happy with the result though, the ISO was a tad too high. I am sure you will agree that getting to see the night sky up in the mountains is a special thing. Especially if you are on a trekking trail where light pollution is nil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboNath View Post
The opening sequence felt like a poem set amidst a night sky filled to the brim with star trails. Thanks to your vivid description we could re-imagine the scenery pretty easily. And then those stunning photographs ensured that it stayed etched in our minds for years to come!
Thank you mihir_m. I agree, the Sangla-Chitkul road being off the main highway - time becomes a constraint for many doing the Tribal circuit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mihir_m13 View Post
Wonderful pictures from Sangla. I've seen the Satluj valley upto Kalpa. Now your pictures inspire me to explore Sangla as well.
Appreciate your suggestions, NagaBond!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NagaBond View Post
Very well written and beautiful photographs. Looks like you (and/or your family) like pizza a lot ! One small advice. I see that in many photos you have parked car on the road. It could be dangerous for you and others. Take care of it and keep sharing more travelogues with us.
The sights you get while you are in Sangla Kanda - are sights that are similar to what you get in Chitkul. And talking of the high altitudes that can only be reached by trekking the beauty magnifies itself manifold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rst89 View Post
I had descended Rupin pass on 9th Oct and I was in Sangla from 10th to 12th Oct before proceeding to Spiti Valley. Your writing about munching apples while descending from Rupin pass to Sangla reminds me of an awesome time I had while doing the trek. Unlike your time crossing the pass, we had beautiful and clear weather.
Thank You!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YK85 View Post
Great post.
Thank you Saikat! And thanks for the contact person who removed the sunfilm before the trip. Suro Treehouse Resort is a must visit place for discovering serenity and sanity from the cacophony of city life. Btw, looking forward to your epic exploration now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by haisaikat View Post
You have put the perfect genre of text to accompany the beautiful photos that decorate this travelogue. The road from Sangla to Chitkul seems to be a visual wonder with nature at its best and abundance of snowy peaks if you look up, will compel most to start packing bags and heading out for it. And that duplex treehouse resort at Suro seems to be the perfect nature stay, excellent choice.
Golam-da, Thank you sincerely for the nice words! The places were so very beautiful that most will be able to compose excellent photographs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmhossain View Post
Beautiful! It's simply beautiful. You have captured the essence of your journey through surreal pictures and equally vivid words.
Thank You Saket! In the department of photography, like I have always maintained, I am a novice. Writing, yes I do agree - I do a little

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
This is one of the best writings here, no doubt. This is one log where words stole the beauty of pictures.
Thank you Dibyendu! this was also the first time I was trying to photograph star trails.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dibyendu Bose View Post
The first photo, which showed the “stars in motion” was an excellent one. Really wonderful.
sayakc is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th November 2021, 22:06   #22
BHPian

Hello Brother,
Sorry for the late reply. I was devouring your travelogue in phases. The places you visited is an all-time favourite destination to me. Should mention the Suro village treehouse. Your travelogue is an appropriate reference handbook if someone wants to see this part of HP. Tirthan valley is fantastic and photographed well.
Thanks again for sharing such nice and beautiful experiences through a silky storyline.
Travelmania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2021, 10:33   #23
BHPian

Dada,

Many thanks for the nice words. Tirthan is an excellent place and so is Suro.

At Tirthan ,though, I will suggest you to stay at the Sunshine Himalayan Cottage, right on the river banks.

Best Regards,
Sayak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelmania View Post
Hello Brother,
Sorry for the late reply. I was devouring your travelogue in phases. The places you visited is an all-time favourite destination to me. Should mention the Suro village treehouse. Your travelogue is an appropriate reference handbook if someone wants to see this part of HP. Tirthan valley is fantastic and photographed well.
Thanks again for sharing such nice and beautiful experiences through a silky storyline.
sayakc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2021, 11:04   #24
BHPian

Awesome travelouge! Simply stunning photographs. Kindly share the total cost of this trip and if possible to breakdown (fuel, accommodation, food, misc etc.) Thanks!
kushagra452 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks