Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2022, 10:42   #16
BHPian

re: FALL in love with Kashmir | A 5500 km Innova Crysta venture from Kolkata

Excellent pictures and travelogue. A trip of a lifetime. Kashmir is on my bucket list but have always been wary of the safety aspect, though I have done Leh-Ladhak which was one heck of an experience. Definitely want to tour J&K with family.

Last edited by sam264_2000 : 6th January 2022 at 10:42. Reason: Additional comments
sam264_2000 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2022, 11:29   #17
BHPian

Awesome Travelogue. Some of the pics are mind blowing and I could see that Kashmir lives up to the beauty that we always heard of.

Kashmir & Ladakh are in my bucket list and hopefully i would be able to tick it off in next few years.

During my 25-day solo into Sikkim-Meghalaya-Arunachal-Varanasi in sep 2021, I heard from some who travelled across India saying, these are very beautiful but Kashmir is a different league all together. I was awe stuck by the beauty I had witnessed in that trip and kept wondering what could be more A puzzle in my mind that can only be solved once i can make it to Kashmir-Ladakh trip.

As always, admire your wonderful family expeditions. Glad to see your little fellow growing up discovering India and its many cultures, diversity, heritage and historical marvels. Kudos to you both parents!

Long duration slow travel on road is the best way to enjoy the beauty and also satisfy the petrol-head in ours Solo travel on road for a very long time still makes me jittery a bit and trying to overcome this phobia/fear (some of it justified though) by small to medium trips for now. Hope i would be able to conquer this Kashmir-Ladakh dream one way (either solo) or other (or find some like minded company for the trip).

This travelogue will go into my reference archive for the future. Please keep sharing your future expeditions. Thank you!

Last edited by TurboOnTarmac : 6th January 2022 at 11:41. Reason: typo
TurboOnTarmac is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th January 2022, 11:29   #18
Senior - BHPian

I have read all your travelogues and this one is on a completely different level, mind blowing travelogue! The usual travelogues related to Kashmir are mostly adventurous trips in and around Leh/Ladakh region but you have given us a completely different perspective of Kashmir. Some of the photos puts even Swiss Alps to shame. Thanks for the wonderful pictures.
guyfrmblr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2022, 11:50   #19
BHPian

Wonderful writeup with stunning photographs of a mesmerizing place called Kashmir.!
Kudos to your wife for agreeing to such an extensive road trip. Your son summed the trip in a simple manner on the canvas . Well done Son! And yes, Innova Crysta is meant for such a business indeed.
fawad0222 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2022, 12:03   #20
BHPian

Beautiful travelogue and narration @haisaikat. Wonderfully detailed and excellent clicks. I too visited Srinagar in mid November and enjoyed a lot. You have inspired me to wake from slumber and share the experience sooner
abhi_tjet is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2022, 12:20   #21
BHPian

Simply superb. My bucket list had JK. But now updated it with time of visit also. My guess is that JK tourism office will contact you soon to make you their brand ambassador !
NagaBond is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2022, 12:50   #22
BHPian

I have been reading this travelogue from last 30 mins, completely mesmerised with the pictures and narration. Thank you for your effort in penning this down and taking us on a virtual trip across multiple places.
TSEA is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2022, 13:12   #23

What a beautiful travelogue. I literally have been reading this for the last 4 hours, in between all the work calls.

Totally mesmerizing! The pictures and your writing do some justice to this amazing roundtrip that you and your family undertook.

Thank you for sharing this with all of us.
Karthik R is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2022, 14:48   #24

Fantastic travelogue.. Have been reading for the past hour.. Stunning details snd mesmerizing photos.. I visited Kashmir all over again. Thank You.
amekbote is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2022, 15:40   #25

Kudos to you for planning such a wonderful trip and documenting it very well. I felt that i have seen Kashmir with my own eyes, though i have never been there. All the photos were good. Looks like the Innova gobbled up the miles and was hungry for more.

Thanks for sharing .
sivasiva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2022, 15:55   #26
BHPian

I read through the whole travelogue in one sitting. Beautiful write-up and fantastic photos. Great to see the co-operation and support from your wife as well as son. Kashmir is enchanting, to say the least. Thank you.
sureshkumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2022, 18:13   #27
BHPian

Fantastic writeup of a great part of our country which has some lovely locations and warm, friendly people. Many years ago, we visited Srinagar only for a couple of days as a start point for our trip to Ladakh. Your travelogue brought back many memories of our trips to Dal Lake, the shikhara rides and houseboat stay.

I plan to bookmark all the detailed tips you have included. The photos are simply fabulous and makes one want to go there as well. Thank you for taking the time to write this review.
vijaykr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2022, 18:24   #28
BHPian

Great travelogue and like everyone, Kashmir is also on my list and if everything goes as planned, I might do it this year and I'm from Delhi so doable in a week should be fine for me. However couple of things that I'm still looking answers is -

1. Season - Summers (enjoyable) or winters (total white) or something in between. Will you recommend Oct to Nov ? I don't want rain to play spoilsport.

2. Drive or take flight to Sri Nagar and rest on hire car. I'm comfortable long drive but have heard locals create problems at time for outstation cars but can be wrong here.

3. Is week enough ? I can take 5 days leave and can then club 2 weekends to make it 9 days if required.

4. Some worth visiting hidden gems if any.

For reference - We are family of 4 - Me, Wife, Son (10) & Daughter (5). Not sure if it will be just us or will loop in another family but it seems i can take your travelogue as reference and can begin with planning.

Also, thank you for sharing some contact details.
woodstock3001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2022, 19:25   #29
BHPian

Wonderful, and extensive account, sir! This must have been an exhilarating experience - especially for your son, who I must say is very lucky to have such enriching experiences so early on in his life.
ChiragBasu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2022, 00:41   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

I was waiting for this travelogue to come up! It was an awesome read. Reading this thread was like a journey through the memory lane. The pictures you shared are breathtaking. Rated 5*.

Sandipta used to share the daily updates with me & he always mentioned how helpful you were in guiding him about the road & weather conditions.

Kashmir is indeed beautiful. A click from 2014

FALL in love with Kashmir | A 5500 km Innova Crysta venture from Kolkata-img_4287.jpg
Samba is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks