Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2021, 12:28   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: A Solo with Car, Camera and Clouds!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundagenie View Post
That was a really wonderful solo trip Dr. AD.
Being in Bangalore, with no drives is making me also totally itchy. But considering the crowds at some of the usual drive haunts, places like these are really a boon for a safe trip.
Thank you very much.

Quote:
Just wanted to clarify a few points wrt the route you took vs the one shared by Asethi. So does that route also cover the SH121 and the dreamy spot with the waterbody and windmills. Would be great if you could share the google maps route you took and give some indication on the narrow road to avoid.
No, the route that Asethi mentioned does NOT cover SH121. That route is primarily for visiting a temple with great views of windmills. That is a different location altogether, which I was thinking of driving to but could not due to the narrow roads where I got stuck. In fact, that route does not cover any of the locations I photographed in this report. That is a totally different route.

I have shared the Google Maps route where I found the nice roads and the dreamy waterbody location, in one of the earlier posts. But sharing it again here for a reference.

A Solo with Car, Camera and Clouds!-map1.jpg

The yellow circle marks the temple with windmills view which I did NOT drive to. The actual driving loop which I found to be scenic and where I took all the photos is marked in blue. Hope this helps.

Last edited by Dr.AD : 16th July 2021 at 12:30.
Dr.AD is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2021, 13:02   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.AD View Post
Thank you very much.

No, the route that Asethi mentioned does NOT cover SH121. That route is primarily for visiting a temple with great views of windmills. That is a different location altogether, which I was thinking of driving to but could not due to the narrow roads where I got stuck. In fact, that route does not cover any of the locations I photographed in this report. That is a totally different route.

I have shared the Google Maps route where I found the nice roads and the dreamy waterbody location, in one of the earlier posts. But sharing it again here for a reference.

Attachment 2179894

The yellow circle marks the temple with windmills view which I did NOT drive to. The actual driving loop which I found to be scenic and where I took all the photos is marked in blue. Hope this helps.

Oh Ok.. That kinda clarifies my doubt. Just one more - the circular route marked in your map, does this include the narrow roads or just the good ones you did in the later part.

FundaG
Old 16th July 2021, 13:25   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundagenie View Post
Oh Ok.. That kinda clarifies my doubt. Just one more - the circular route marked in your map, does this include the narrow roads or just the good ones you did in the later part.
No, the blue loop is all good roads. The narrow roads where I got stuck are the small lanes you see in the map surrounding the yellow circled area.

Eventually when I came out of that and found a nice smooth road to drive, I completed a loop on the good roads. The blue loop is that good loop. That entire loop is smooth two-lane roads with very scenic landscapes (the road you see in my pictures).
Old 17th July 2021, 12:16   #34
BHPian

India is so beautiful, and the monsoons add their own charm. One can spend a lifetime driving around the country and still not see it all.
Thanks Doc for the inspirational writing and pics.
The lady in red looks smashing against the gorgeous greenery.
Mustang Sammy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2021, 21:51   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice excellent write-up with some gorgeous pics of your red beauty. Such solo drives has its own pleasure.

I was on the same highway, same day probably few hours before you and returned later. Missed catching you by few hours.
arun_josie is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2021, 08:30   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Sammy View Post
India is so beautiful, and the monsoons add their own charm. One can spend a lifetime driving around the country and still not see it all.
Thanks Doc for the inspirational writing and pics.
The lady in red looks smashing against the gorgeous greenery.
Thank you very much. Yes, I agree that we have a beautiful country. There is so much to see. For driving enthusiast like us, this country is really heavenly. We can go to different regions and explore different landscapes, driving conditions, different food, and even different styles of staying options ranging from homestays, small and big resorts, jungle lodges and big hotels. The variety is just amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Nice excellent write-up with some gorgeous pics of your red beauty. Such solo drives has its own pleasure.

I was on the same highway, same day probably few hours before you and returned later. Missed catching you by few hours.
Thank you very much Arun. I have taken a lot of inspiration for these drives and photos from your Jeep Compass thread. Oh, it is so sad that we missed meeting there. Would have been great to run into you and meet you somewhere. I hope next time, and I hope that is sometime soon.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks