Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2021, 16:02   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Friends, Cars and an Idyllic Weekend in Coorg

Gorgeous pictures and superb narration, Dr AD. The bungalow looks pristine and can give those villas that we see in pictures a run for their money. Absolutely stunning. Coorg is one of my favourite driving destinations!

I have always considered the drive to be far more interesting than the destination, like most of us here, but this kind of destination certainly gives even someone like me pause. Lastly, all the cars look awesome in these stunning backdrops. The Beemers and VRS undoubtedly make a deadly trio for a photoshoot!
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2021, 15:07   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Gorgeous pictures and superb narration, Dr AD. The bungalow looks pristine and can give those villas that we see in pictures a run for their money. Absolutely stunning. Coorg is one of my favourite driving destinations!

I have always considered the drive to be far more interesting than the destination, like most of us here, but this kind of destination certainly gives even someone like me pause. Lastly, all the cars look awesome in these stunning backdrops. The Beemers and VRS undoubtedly make a deadly trio for a photoshoot!
Thank you very much! Yes, agree that this bungalow is one of those special places where even the destination can be a great experience. I am like you in the sense that I always consider the drive to be more important than the destination. But this trip was good on both fronts - the drive as well as the destination.

Actually most homestays in the hills of Coorg or Chikmaglur are like that. They almost always offer a unique experience and I have enjoyed both the destinations and the drives in such places. It is only in the more commercial resorts in these areas that sometimes I had a bit of a boring experience. Not that those resorts were bad, but sometimes they offer nothing unique. Many big resorts look or feel more or less the same regardless of the destination, and that is where they start getting a bit boring.
Dr.AD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th April 2021, 17:59   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.AD View Post
Thank you very much for your kind words!
You are most welcome.
Quote:
maybe you could try to entice WDM trip to plan a drive to Goa and you can join there :-)
A brilliant suggestion since I myself hasn't explored Goa in its entirety. Would be nice to play follow the leader with the WDM gang as the perspective will be an outsiders view of Goa and the way they research their destinations I may be pleasantly surprised by revelations in my home town.

Quote:
I am waiting to drive to Goa since long and hopefully after this covid mess is over I will get a chance to drive there soon.
Being a newbie I cannot PM you but you may be able to do so Doc but request it with your email? Be good to coordinate and meet up. Secondly avoid me falling foul of BHP house rules of promoting business in the forum. I have been instrumental in the marketing and Biz Dev strategies of a few properties where I can assure BHP team members preferential rates of accommodation be it in Apartments, Boutique Resorts or Sevice-Apart Hotel.

Let me know whenever you plan to visit (but all this is under the proviso of Covid freedom and rules) it would be a pleasure to
  1. Welcome and meet Fellow BHPians
  2. Play host and exchange life experiences.
ramsi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2021, 16:20   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramsi View Post
Let me know whenever you plan to visit (but all this is under the proviso of Covid freedom and rules) it would be a pleasure to
  1. Welcome and meet Fellow BHPians
  2. Play host and exchange life experiences.
Yes, sure. It would be great to catch up in Goa. Of course, any travel plans will happen only when this covid mess is over. Right now only fantasizing about a road trip to Goa, but no real plans as such anytime soon.

But we will certainly let you know when we plan a drive there. And thanks for the offer to help!

Stay safe!
Dr.AD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2021, 21:55   #35
snr
BHPian

Amazing photos Dr. AD! Nicely written too! We had an amazing time in Coorg last year in November. Weather was brilliant!
snr is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks