Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2021, 01:08   #1
BHPian

Sea, Sand and the Sun! Road Trip from Kolkata to Puri – The soul of incredible India

It’s good to be back on the road

Sea, Sand and the Sun! Road Trip from Kolkata to Puri – The soul of incredible India-dsc_2033.jpg
It's good to be back on the roads again.

There’s no denying the fact that the Coronavirus pandemic has changed our worlds, and this is going to last longer than one can imagine. As things start getting back to the so-called new normal and the roads opened, all I wanted badly was to be back on them and feel the sense of freedom that I had been missing for long. Road trips are all about the adrenaline rush and when I’m behind the wheel, I feel free. I feel liberated and alive. In the present circumstances Road trips are perhaps the safest way ahead in the world of travelling. Pack your bags, get your car serviced, and hit the roads, nothing is more liberating than it.

I was planning for this trip for quite some time but didn’t want to do any travel in 2020. Hence the plan was to hit the roads in 2021. Likewise the plan was made to stay at Puri for 3 night (later it was extended to 7 nights) and just enjoy the nature. I was more exited about the travel part as for last 9 months I couldn’t do any long drive, so wanted badly to enjoy driving on the beautiful stretch of NH-16 and NH-316.

Few Pictures to start with:

Sea, Sand and the Sun! Road Trip from Kolkata to Puri – The soul of incredible India-1.jpg
2021. Rays of Hope. Time to move ahead.

Sea, Sand and the Sun! Road Trip from Kolkata to Puri – The soul of incredible India-2.jpg
Liquid Gold.

Sea, Sand and the Sun! Road Trip from Kolkata to Puri – The soul of incredible India-3.jpg
Once we shatter the mirrors of fear. Only then are we able to view our true selves.

Sea, Sand and the Sun! Road Trip from Kolkata to Puri – The soul of incredible India-4.jpg
Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.

Sea, Sand and the Sun! Road Trip from Kolkata to Puri – The soul of incredible India-5.jpg
Manzil ki talash me ab itni dur aa gaye hain k ab toh yaad bhi nahi k jaana kaha tha aur kaha chale aaye hain.

Sea, Sand and the Sun! Road Trip from Kolkata to Puri – The soul of incredible India-6.jpg
Let your boat of life be light, packed with only what you need.

Sea, Sand and the Sun! Road Trip from Kolkata to Puri – The soul of incredible India-7.jpg
The last man standing.

Sea, Sand and the Sun! Road Trip from Kolkata to Puri – The soul of incredible India-8.jpg
It's business as usual.

Sea, Sand and the Sun! Road Trip from Kolkata to Puri – The soul of incredible India-9.jpg
Waves - Nourishing Happiness.

Sea, Sand and the Sun! Road Trip from Kolkata to Puri – The soul of incredible India-10.jpg
Serenity, when the sky is on fire.

Trip itenenary (Initial)

Start from Kolkata on 2nd Jan 2021 at 4 A.M and reach Puri by noon.
Stay at Puri for 3 nights (2nd, 3rd ,& 4th Jan 2021) and leave for Kolkata on 5th Morning.
Finally the trip was extended to 7 nights and we left Puri on 9th Jan.

My preference was to book at hotel with sea facing balcony at a less crowded place. So after doing so research, chose East West Hotels on New Marine Drive Road. The grandeur of the East West Hotels with its strategic location made our stay at Puri a memorable one.

Few snaps of the Hotel

Sea, Sand and the Sun! Road Trip from Kolkata to Puri – The soul of incredible India-dsc_1994.jpg

Sea, Sand and the Sun! Road Trip from Kolkata to Puri – The soul of incredible India-img_20210109_073151.jpg

The East West, is ideally located on the upscale Marine drive Road. Puri Railway Station is only 05 Km, Puri Bus Stand is 05 Km and Lord Jagannath Temple 04 Km from the hotel. As usual Swargadwar area was full of tourists and one can't make out that we are still struggling through the pandemic. So travellers who prefer to spend time away from the madding crowd, can choose this hotel for their stay. I had booked a Delux room with sea facing balcony and was offered discount over their normal rate. This hotel has an inhouse restaurant that serves lip smacking food, staffs are very helpfull and co-operative. Most importantly, they thoroughly cleaned and sanitised the room everyday. Initially i was a bit sceptical about the sanitisation part but their focus and dedication towards the safety laid all my doubts to rest.

Sea, Sand and the Sun! Road Trip from Kolkata to Puri – The soul of incredible India-img_20210106_124819.jpg

Sea, Sand and the Sun! Road Trip from Kolkata to Puri – The soul of incredible India-img_20210106_124752.jpg
Falcon in Rest Mode.

The Route

Sea, Sand and the Sun! Road Trip from Kolkata to Puri – The soul of incredible India-routemap.jpg

As planned, we started from our home at 4.30 sharp and drove through the empty roads, after crossing Vidyasagar Setu , entered NH-16 (NH-6) following the slip-road on the left at the end of Kona Expressway and continue straight on NH-16 (NH-6) towards Kolaghat. According to my previous experience, I as expecting traffic at Dhulagori Toll but surprisingly this time crossed the toll booth without even waiting for a moment. Before Kharagpur, took a left turn to continue on NH-16 and passed through Belda, Jaleswar, Balasore and Bhadrak. In between greeted the rising sun.

Sea, Sand and the Sun! Road Trip from Kolkata to Puri – The soul of incredible India-11.jpg
Mr. Moon. Time to take a leave.

Sea, Sand and the Sun! Road Trip from Kolkata to Puri – The soul of incredible India-12.jpg
Raat ka nasha abhi aankh se gaya nahin.

Sea, Sand and the Sun! Road Trip from Kolkata to Puri – The soul of incredible India-13.jpg
"Sunrise therapy" The best way to lift your mood.

Sea, Sand and the Sun! Road Trip from Kolkata to Puri – The soul of incredible India-15.jpg
Good Morning.

I must confess that the road is in very good shape till few kilometers before Balasore. After balasore, as usual there are many diversions due to ongoing road expansion work but that’s negligible in comparison to NH-19( Kolkata – Varanasi stretch). After crossing the Mahanadi Bridge, drove through Cuttack and proceed towards Bhuvaneswar. Just after crossing the second bridge on River Mahanadi before Bhuvaneswar, there is a service lane on the left, indicating ‘Puri’, leaving NH16. Continue for 200 meters to a four-point crossing. From here, took left turn to enter NH-316 and proceed towards Puri. This road is also buttery smooth.

Sea, Sand and the Sun! Road Trip from Kolkata to Puri – The soul of incredible India-17.jpg
2020 is history. No looking back.

After 56 km from Bhubaneswar, there is a road on the left that connects Konark, followed by a flyover across NH316, the swanky Bus stand appears on the right hand side. One need to drive straight from here for 1.5 km more (with an Indian Oil pump on left), there is a Y-fork. The left of the Y-fork is the conventional route to old Puri passing through narrow and congested roads. I would recommend to take a right from the Y-fork that passes through the crossing towards Satapada (Chilika Lake) and connects the western end of Puri through the newly constructed Jagannath Sadak. The road would take you directly to the west end of Puri’s Marine Drive through Baliapanda, meeting the sea. A left turn on Marine Drive would connect to Swargadwar. This part of Puri is comperatively less crowded and convenient for travellers, who prefers social distancing.

Pit stops were minimum. Just for Bio break and Refuel. We reached Puri around 1 P.M. On arrival at east West Hotels, the car and whole luggage were sanitised. After check in , it was time to freshen up and enjoy the view of the sea from the balcony. We all were feeling hungry and tired. So after finishing lunch my wife and daughter straightway hit to the bed but I didn’t feel like sleepinng and instead enjoyed beauty of the sea from the balcony.

Sea, Sand and the Sun! Road Trip from Kolkata to Puri – The soul of incredible India-18.jpg
Watching the sun bidding adieu for the day from my balcony.

Sea, Sand and the Sun! Road Trip from Kolkata to Puri – The soul of incredible India-19.jpg
Twilight.

In the evening headed out to explore the beach and spent some quality time there.

Last edited by Sujoy76 : 23rd January 2021 at 23:32.
Sujoy76 is offline   (34) Thanks
Old 20th January 2021, 10:22   #2
BHPian

re: Sea, Sand and the Sun! Road Trip from Kolkata to Puri – The soul of incredible India

Instead of going into day wise details I am narrating my experience of exploring places in and around Puri and as usual let the photographs do the honour as I am not a very good story teller.

Konark Sun Temple – A Poetry on stone.

The day for me started at 5.30. As usual my plan was to witness the Sunrise and and clicking photographs. The hotel has a roof top restaurant and that provides a fantastic view of the sea. The day being a bit cloudy, couldn’t manage to witness the sunrise as I expected. We enjoyed the morning by the sea and planned to visit Konark Sun Temple and Chandrabhaga beach for the day.

Sea, Sand and the Sun! Road Trip from Kolkata to Puri – The soul of incredible India-1.jpg
Sky above, sand below and peace within.

Sea, Sand and the Sun! Road Trip from Kolkata to Puri – The soul of incredible India-2.jpg
Full on masti.

Sea, Sand and the Sun! Road Trip from Kolkata to Puri – The soul of incredible India-3.jpg
Musaafir.

Sea, Sand and the Sun! Road Trip from Kolkata to Puri – The soul of incredible India-4.jpg
B.E.A.C.H... Best escape anyone can have.

As planned, after finishing lunch, we started for Konark.

Sea, Sand and the Sun! Road Trip from Kolkata to Puri – The soul of incredible India-5.jpg
Randon snap on our way to Konark.

The road from Puri to Konark is very picturesque, dotted with sand dunes and Casuarina trees. However, due to the tragic effects of Cyclone Fani, hundreds of Casuarinas that once lined the roads, now lie uprooted, by the side of the road. The distance of Konark Sun Temple from my hotel was about 52 Kms and the drive took us a little more than an hour. I parked the car on the road near the temple complex earmarked for parking and walked down to the temple. The multitude of souvenir shops selling traditional gift items inside the temple complex were a major distraction. I was surprised to see huge crowd at Konark temple. The day being first Sunday of 2021, many tourists visited Konark Sun Temple. I thought that online ticketing was only permitted but was surprised to see huge rush at the ticket counter. There was no sign of social distancing, which for once prompted me to think about returning back without even entering the temple complex. Later changed my mind, avoided the rush at the ticket counter and purchased online ticket.

Architecture of the Konark Sun Temple:

The Sun temple was built as a majestic and colossal chariot which is about to make its first flight. The King Narasimhadeva of the Ganga dynasty was the worshipper of the Sun god, and so the temple was made in the praise of the Sun God. The chariot was made in such a way that the Sun God himself was perceived to be driving the chariot, while being seated inside the “Garbagriha” or the inner sanctum. The chariot is drawn by seven horses and twenty four wheels. Each horse denotes a day of the week and each wheel depicted the hours of the day.

Sea, Sand and the Sun! Road Trip from Kolkata to Puri – The soul of incredible India-20.jpg
First View of the Temple.

Sea, Sand and the Sun! Road Trip from Kolkata to Puri – The soul of incredible India-dsc_18312.jpg
Angular view of temple. On the right of the frame is Natya Mandapa.

Sea, Sand and the Sun! Road Trip from Kolkata to Puri – The soul of incredible India-7.jpg
No Compromise with safety.

Sea, Sand and the Sun! Road Trip from Kolkata to Puri – The soul of incredible India-8.jpg
With the sun setting at the background, it's a photographers delight.

A UNESCO World Heritage Site, this temple is the perfect example of an era when Kalingan architecture had reached its pinnacle. We marveled at the majestic temple of the 13th century with the geometric precision of its intricate carvings. It is believed to have been built on the edge of the sea–which today has fortunately receded to a respectful distance. The temple was made of three types of stones. The stones were mainly black in colour. The Konark Temple, when built, served as a beacon to the ships in the Bay of Bengal. The sailors could see the temple from the sea and they called the temple as Black Pagoda.

Sea, Sand and the Sun! Road Trip from Kolkata to Puri – The soul of incredible India-9.jpg
Standing tall.

Sea, Sand and the Sun! Road Trip from Kolkata to Puri – The soul of incredible India-10.jpg
Beauty in ruins.

We realized that from the sides, the temple looks exactly like a chariot, and from the front, a temple. The Sun God idol is said to be floating mid-air inside the main sanctum due to the trick of magnets and metals. Infact, there are stories that go on to say that many ships that sailed the Bay of Bengal when came near the Konark Temple were destroyed due to the pull of the magnet. The main door of the temple is sealed since long. It is said that the magnet too, has been removed and the deities placed elsewhere! The temple would have simply crumbled down to earth had the doors were not sealed. This I learnt from some shopowner outside the temple.

Sea, Sand and the Sun! Road Trip from Kolkata to Puri – The soul of incredible India-11.jpg
The temple at the back and deul or sanctuary infront (that collapsed over a century ago) is the jagamohana or bhadra deul.

Sea, Sand and the Sun! Road Trip from Kolkata to Puri – The soul of incredible India-dsc_1877.jpg
Stone sculpture of roaring Simha-Gaja (Lion-Elephant)

Sea, Sand and the Sun! Road Trip from Kolkata to Puri – The soul of incredible India-12.jpg
To the west of main temple is temple Mayadevi. It is said to be reclaimed from sand at the beginning of the 20th century and is said to be older then main temple. According to locals, the missing image called Ramachandi, is now worshipped in a temple ,8 kms away from Konarak.

Sea, Sand and the Sun! Road Trip from Kolkata to Puri – The soul of incredible India-13.jpg
South western view of temple.

The main tower no longer exists. The architecture resembles the holy JagannathTemple of Puri. On either side of the main temple are colossal figures of royal elephants and horses.

Sea, Sand and the Sun! Road Trip from Kolkata to Puri – The soul of incredible India-14.jpg
View of a Wheel. Learnt that 3 types of rock were used i.e. chlorite, laterite and khondalite.The facing stones were smoothly finished and fitted together so finely that the joints are hardly visible. The 8 spokes in each wheel symbolise the 8 prahars (time frames) of the day.

Sea, Sand and the Sun! Road Trip from Kolkata to Puri – The soul of incredible India-15.jpg
View from the northern side of the temple.

The original temple, which had a main sanctum sanctorum, estimated to have been 229 feet tall, is supposed to have collapsed in 1837. The main mandapa or hall (Jagamohana), which is about 128 feet tall, still stands and is the principal structure in the surviving ruins. Among the structures that have survived to the current day are the dance hall (natamandira) and the dining hall (bhogamandapa).

Sea, Sand and the Sun! Road Trip from Kolkata to Puri – The soul of incredible India-16.jpg
Guarding northern side are two life-sized elephants.

Sea, Sand and the Sun! Road Trip from Kolkata to Puri – The soul of incredible India-17.jpg
From the northern side.

Coming out of the temple, there is an Interpretation Centre opposite the exit gate. The Centre, with its collection of sculpture replicas from the Sun Temple ruins, contains rare documents and fascinating theories regarding the temple architecture, structure, and sculpture, as well as its history endorsed by ASI.

Sea, Sand and the Sun! Road Trip from Kolkata to Puri – The soul of incredible India-18.jpg
In the trunk of the guarding elephants is a warrior with a shield.

Sea, Sand and the Sun! Road Trip from Kolkata to Puri – The soul of incredible India-19.jpg
Front view of the temple.

When we came out of the temple ,it was already dark, when we concluded our Konark Temple visit and there was no point visiting the Chandrabhaga beach then, we straightway headed back to the hotel.

Konark to Puri, A mesmerizing drive throuh Marine Drive.

Shree Jagannatha Temple

The holy Jagannath temple was thrown open for tourists (with COVID negative Certificate and AADHAR copy) on 3rd January. We visitd the temple just to have a view as we didn’t have any COVID negative certificate to produce. We visited the temple just to get a view of it. As the temple reopened after nine long months so heavy rush was expected and I was secptical about how the authority was going to manage the rush of devotees. All my doubts were laid to rest once I reached the vicinity of the temple. I must say the arrangements were really good. A separate path was created for the visitors who wanted to have a darshan of Lord Jagannath. The path was fully barricaded and there were atleats five to six screening points to make it a full proof arrangement. At the beginning of the entry point devotees were required to show their COVID negative certificate and Identity Proof.

Sea, Sand and the Sun! Road Trip from Kolkata to Puri – The soul of incredible India-dsc_2056.jpg
First screening point for COVID Ngative certificate. Business as usual with caution and reastriction.

Sea, Sand and the Sun! Road Trip from Kolkata to Puri – The soul of incredible India-dsc_2059.jpg

Sea, Sand and the Sun! Road Trip from Kolkata to Puri – The soul of incredible India-dsc_2066.jpg

Sea, Sand and the Sun! Road Trip from Kolkata to Puri – The soul of incredible India-dsc_2067.jpg

Last edited by Sujoy76 : 10th February 2021 at 23:54.
Sujoy76 is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 7th February 2021, 23:32   #3
BHPian

re: Sea, Sand and the Sun! Road Trip from Kolkata to Puri – The soul of incredible India

Glimpse of salt Lagoon - Chilika Lake

Chilika was part of my itininary since the time I planned this trip. A large lake which is known for its Bluish-Greenish water, Avian Species, Red Crabs, Dolphins and for Boating. A lake dotted with numerous islands. One who is stressed or one who want to come out of tension, Chilika lake is the best place to visit, to overcome such situations. The nearest point to visit Chilika Lake from Puri is Satapada. The distanec is 50 Kms and one has to follow NH316 to reach satapada. Although the Road till satapada is named NH-316 but to be honest this road don't have any characeristics of National Highway. It's a single lane road mostly passing through crowded localities. But as the distance is very less so it doesn't make any major difference.

Another route is through Barkul. It is around 129 Km from Bhubaneswar. OTDC Panthanivas guest house is available at Barkul. From Barkul one can visit the visit the famous temple of Kalijai (temple of Goddess Kali). It is situated in an island inside the lake.

We started for Chilika from our Hotel at 11.30 A.M and reached Satapada at around 1 P.M. There are many private boat operators who operates large as well as small boats and the rate differs according to the passenger the boat carries as well as the duration. I hired a small boat from OTDC Panthaniwas for Rs.1350/- for 3 Hrs Duration. Here one important thing is to remember that this place dosn't have good mobile signal and for that reason didgital payment mode doesn't work here. Travellers need to carry sufficient cash with them to avoid any problem related to payment.

We started our three hours journey with a hope of sighting dolphins. Tourist comes to Satapada for a boat ride and to watch dolphins which appears to be almost a mirage. Many are of opinion that the venture is totally wastage of money & time . However, I wished to lose time & money for my own experience and later that turned out to be a wise decision.

Boats parked at the jetty. Waiting for visitors.

As our boat moved deeper into the lake our excitment level started rising.

For fishermen, this lake is source of income.

While moving we came across some amazing sights. It was such a peaceful place, supported by weather. it was totally a different experience to be with birds, water, blue sky, and some greenery on small dotted Islands.

This place is famous for Birds. These bamboos are placed by local people to catch fish from the Lake.

Blue in color, this lake invites birds for good food. Any one interested in Bird Photography can make good photos over here.

Sea, Sand and the Sun! Road Trip from Kolkata to Puri – The soul of incredible India-6.jpg

Now we almost reached our Dolphin site but there was no sign of Dolphins. Our boat man switches off the engine at the Dolphin point to maintain silence with an advice to observe all around the boat as Dolphins are the main attraction of Satapada boat ride. Highest population of Irrawaddy dolphins in the world are seen in Chilika. But it depends on luck .We waited patiently for more than 15 minutes and with every passing seconds my hope of seeing dolphins and snapping them through my lens was fading away. Then suddenly our boatman shouted in joy ," there they are". We spotted a Pod approaching our boat.

I had to wait patiently with camera and they didn't disappoint me.

It's a game of hide and seek. Have patience.

Sea, Sand and the Sun! Road Trip from Kolkata to Puri – The soul of incredible India-14.jpg

It's not just the birds or dolphins that makes this lake, but the boating. It's a lovely experience, boats moving slowly in the middle of the lake with a noise of only motor, blue sky, blue water, birds, bamboos inside the lake, it's like heaven.

Sea, Sand and the Sun! Road Trip from Kolkata to Puri – The soul of incredible India-16.jpg

The dolphins kept moving along our boat and kept entertaining us. Even our boatmen told me that you guys are very lucky that you are witnessing such a beautiful show

U want more? Ok here we come again.

After entertaining us for more than 30 minutes, the dolphins slowly vanished in the water but before leaving us they gifted us some beautiful moments to cherish forever. Now it was time to return back.

Not just the dolphins but the birds too gave me enough opportunity to take photos.

Boats chugged on in grey waters, in search of Chilika's feathered denizens.

Sea, Sand and the Sun! Road Trip from Kolkata to Puri – The soul of incredible India-20.jpg
It's a Crane.

Overall it was a wonderful experience, had a great time with this beautiful place.

Sea, Sand and the Sun! Road Trip from Kolkata to Puri – The soul of incredible India-21.jpg

Sea, Sand and the Sun! Road Trip from Kolkata to Puri – The soul of incredible India-22.jpg
Satisfied souls. Expression reveals everything.

When we started our journey back to Puri it was time for sunset.

Sea, Sand and the Sun! Road Trip from Kolkata to Puri – The soul of incredible India-23.jpg

Sea, Sand and the Sun! Road Trip from Kolkata to Puri – The soul of incredible India-24.jpg
Sundown at the background. While returning back from Chilika.

Last edited by Sujoy76 : 10th February 2021 at 22:37.
Sujoy76 is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 10th February 2021, 23:41   #4
BHPian

Sun and the beach

Puri is blessed with 'Sun Kissed Beaches'; which are beautiful, peaceful. Initially my plan was to stay in Puri for three nights. But being away from the cacophony of city life enthused us so much that eventually the stay was extended to seven nights. Moreover being caged for almost nine months due to COVID lockdown, all of us wanted to enjoy our stay as if there is no tomorrow.

Every day commenced with 'EARLY MORNING STROLL' on the beach. Our hotel was away from the Sargadwar beach. So this part of the beach was very calm and peacefull.

The sea calls you. She reminds you of rainy days and cool wind carrying moisture from ancient water bodies. The sea breeze reminds you of half forgotten childhood memories....and yearnings.....

Sea, Sand and the Sun! Road Trip from Kolkata to Puri – The soul of incredible India-dsc_2516.jpg

Sunsets are beautiful in any place on this whole mother earth, but they are gorgeously awesome at only a few places and I must say, the beach of Puri is one of the destinations which host thousands of people to view the inescapable sunsets every single day.

The hues of the sky visible in the colors of blue, orange, gold and pink shades. With the sea blue and sea green waves of the beach coupled with foamy whites of the waves , the colour of sand. Every shade makes a person get drenched in nature's beauty of the beach.

The spectacular view of the sun rays touching the rippling waves of the beach is feast for the eyes. I watched all these with my naked eyes to fill the whole scene and cherish it forever. Well, I'm surely not exaggerating the view, I'm just trying to put words to frame a beautiful sentence to explain the whole scene of Golden sunset.

Sea, Sand and the Sun! Road Trip from Kolkata to Puri – The soul of incredible India-dsc_2563.jpg

The view of the Sun gradually drowning below the sky level and getting drowned in the huge waters of Bay of Bengal is one scenic view. One shouldn't miss in a lifetime. And most importantly, the twilight moment of sunset at Puri is also inexplicable. Hence, I have tried to portray the beauty of the beach at Puri through my pictures and spread the word to fellow travelers.

Livelihood !!!

Parting shot.

Lulled by the sun, the sands and the sea, packing up for home was not easy. The journey back home was smooth and we stayed silent, engrossed in our own thoughts. We all vouched, that although there is no dearth of splendid beaches in our country, Puri undeniably casts a magnetic spell over its visitors, luring them to come back to it again and yet again

Last edited by Sujoy76 : 10th February 2021 at 23:49.
Sujoy76 is offline   (45) Thanks
Old 11th February 2021, 04:43   #5
Team-BHP Support

Thread moved out from the Assembly Line. Thanks for sharing!
Aditya is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 11th February 2021, 10:58   #6
BHPian

Re: Sea, Sand and the Sun! Road Trip from Kolkata to Puri – The soul of incredible India

A lovely travelogue and stunning pics Sujoy! Visiting Puri is always a treat. You are indeed lucky to have sighted the dolphins from such close quarters. They are elusive creatures; I have visited Satapada (near Puri) twice, but could see these wonderful creatures only once, that too from afar.

My parents live in Bhubaneshwar, and given the pandemic it has been my base as well for the past 7 odd months. I must have visited Puri at least once a month in the last 3-4 months, but the experience never fades. Good to see you and your family have a great time there. Cheers!

Last edited by anshu1101 : 11th February 2021 at 11:21.
anshu1101 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2021, 11:27   #7
BHPian

Re: Sea, Sand and the Sun! Road Trip from Kolkata to Puri – The soul of incredible India

That's quite a break and no doubt road journeys are any day preferable for BHPians. But during my drive in last October I did find lot of diversions and potholes in the Balasore stretch. Has it improved now? Even if not, your snaps tell me that gain has been definitely more than the Pain.
sportymonk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2021, 12:00   #8
BHPian

Best Puri pictures seen in recent times, enjoyed every bit of the travelogue. And like your every other travelogues seen in the past this one is also a complete guide. I have been to Puri in December, too lazy to upload pictures but seeing at your TL feeling tempted myself to visit again. Rated 5 star, keep it it.

I loved this caption of yours and may be everyone will agree to it
haisaikat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th February 2021, 12:03   #9
BHPian

Excellent travelogue dear.
Stunning photos of beaches,sun & everything.
You have a knack of capturing excellent hues of mother nature's vast collection of colours.
Loved to read & see it.
Old 11th February 2021, 13:09   #10
BHPian

Nice travelogue Sujoy.
Loved the pics, followed by the narration against each of the pics. Thanks.
Old 11th February 2021, 15:32   #11
BHPian

Excellent blog, superb photographs.

Enjoyed a lot, thanks for sharing.
Old 11th February 2021, 15:46   #12
BHPian

Damn! loved those sunset photos. Seriously it's a paradise for sunset lovers.

Quote:
Instead of going into day wise details I am narrating my experience of exploring places in and around Puri and as usual let the photographs do the honour as I am not a very good story teller.
And the narration was perfect, specifically the history around the temple.
You are highly underestimating your writing skills.
Seems like you had a great time there. Thanks a lot for sharing.

Last edited by Highh5 : 11th February 2021 at 16:07.
Old 11th February 2021, 16:10   #13
BHPian

Lovely travelogue and stunning pictures. It was as if we were we a part of the journey.

What camera gear were you using for this trip? Sharp and crisp images. Lovely pics
Old 11th February 2021, 17:11   #14

Lovely pictures and wonderfully narrated. Did an almost identical trip towards end of January though had to give Chilka a miss due to lack of time. The drive to Konark from Puri is just beautiful, isn't it?
Old 11th February 2021, 22:01   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportymonk View Post
That's quite a break and no doubt road journeys are any day preferable for BHPians. But during my drive in last October I did find lot of diversions and potholes in the Balasore stretch. Has it improved now? Even if not, your snaps tell me that gain has been definitely more than the Pain.
Thank you sportymonk. Yeah potholes and diversions still exist in Balasore stretch but rest of the road is in very good condition. Specially the stretch from Bhubaneshwar to Puri. It's awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haisaikat View Post
Best Puri pictures seen in recent times, enjoyed every bit of the travelogue. And like your every other travelogues seen in the past this one is also a complete guide. I have been to Puri in December, too lazy to upload pictures but seeing at your TL feeling tempted myself to visit again. Rated 5 star, keep it it.

I loved this caption of yours and may be everyone will agree to it
Thank you. Puri is such a place that can be visited any number of times and it won't feel boring. One of the main reasons for visiting Puri was photography. I wanted to click the sun and the sand in as many possible ways as i can and i'm glad that the outcome has been good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vijay T View Post
Excellent travelogue dear.
Stunning photos of beaches,sun & everything.
You have a knack of capturing excellent hues of mother nature's vast collection of colours.
Loved to read & see it.
Thank you. Yeah I have the knack of capturing mother nature's vast colection of colours. Learning the tricks of photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmind View Post
Nice travelogue Sujoy.
Loved the pics, followed by the narration against each of the pics. Thanks.
Thank You coolmind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soumiksett View Post
Excellent blog, superb photographs.

Enjoyed a lot, thanks for sharing.
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highh5 View Post
Damn! loved those sunset photos. Seriously it's a paradise for sunset lovers.

And the narration was perfect, specifically the history around the temple.
You are highly underestimating your writing skills.
Seems like you had a great time there. Thanks a lot for sharing.
Puri beach offers excellant view of the sunset.It's indeed a paradise for sunset lovers. Sadly i missd out the sunrise from Chandrabhaga beach this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugram View Post
Lovely travelogue and stunning pictures. It was as if we were we a part of the journey.

What camera gear were you using for this trip? Sharp and crisp images. Lovely pics
Thank you. Just tried to narrate my experience with the help of the photos. I'm using a Nikon D3500 camera and the photos were taken through Nikon 70-300 mm lens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rit1988 View Post
Lovely pictures and wonderfully narrated. Did an almost identical trip towards end of January though had to give Chilka a miss due to lack of time. The drive to Konark from Puri is just beautiful, isn't it?
The drive from Puri to Konark was one of the best part of my road trip. Just to enjoy driving on this stretch, I had visited Chandrabhaga beach twice during my stay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshu1101 View Post
A lovely travelogue and stunning pics Sujoy! Visiting Puri is always a treat. You are indeed lucky to have sighted the dolphins from such close quarters. They are elusive creatures; I have visited Satapada (near Puri) twice, but could see these wonderful creatures only once, that too from afar.
Thank you anshu. I feel i was lucky to have sighted the dolphins for almost 30 minutes. It was like they were entertaining us.
Sujoy76 is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed