Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2020, 13:02   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: A visit to Shivanasamudra Falls, amidst Covid-19 fear & anxiety

The falls overflowing with water always looks great! Nice quick getaway. Can you shed some light on the road conditions, through the journey? I would like to do this trip sometime in the coming weeks, but do not want to cross bad roads, especially in the peak of monsoon. Hence, it will be useful to have an update on the road conditions starting from Bangalore to the falls.
Old 14th August 2020, 15:05   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Can you shed some light on the road conditions, through the journey? I would like to do this trip sometime in the coming weeks, but do not want to cross bad roads, especially in the peak of monsoon. Hence, it will be useful to have an update on the road conditions starting from Bangalore to the falls.
You can either use the Mysore road or the Kanakapura road. Road widening is going on at some points on the Kanakapura road and has many curves with two way traffic and a few rough patches where the work is in progress.

If you plan to use the Mysore road, make sure to check for traffic on google maps before you start. It is just that it may slow you down.

Overall the the roads are in excellent condition and there is nothing to worry about.
Amyth Prabhakar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2020, 17:27   #18
BHPian

Just to confirm both the waterfalls are closed for tourists due to Pandemic. Isn't it?
Old 15th August 2020, 20:20   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyom View Post
Just to confirm both the waterfalls are closed for tourists due to Pandemic. Isn't it?
Yes, they were closed but I am not sure about the current status. There is a hotel called Lakshadeep at Gaganachukki. It is located right in front of the falls and you can probably call them up and see if someone responds. If they do, please check with them before visiting the place especially during these pandemic. They will be the right people to give you the correct information.

Phone no: 8884423456

Early morning visits are the best and you will avoid the crowds. When I say early, it has to be real early, I mean you have to be there by 7 AM.

Normally there wouldn't be much crowd if the water levels recede.
Amyth Prabhakar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2020, 20:43   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyom View Post
BHPian ravib reports that he visited Barachukki today and it was open. See his post here (Cool Drives within 150 km from Bangalore).
srvm is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks