Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2019, 22:06   #31
BHPian

Re: On the road again! Spiti Valley, Himachal Pradesh

Thanks for the appreciation BlackPearl Da, I had couple of itinerary downloaded in my mobile during the trip and your trip-itinerary is the one which I referred most of the time. Its a pleasure to know that I have helped you relive your old days .

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Just one word, WOW!! Re-lived our 2017 trip to Spiti through your travelogue. Rated a well deserved 5 stars, thanks for sharing!

Thanks Blackwasp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Fantastic report there PointZero! Love to see your Bolero in such scenic locations. Keep it up.

This picture reminds me of my visit to Spiti couple of years ago!
Attachment 1933480

Thanks Hothatchaway,

Yes, we had a short break at the Dhaba, I believe I have some mobile snaps during the break. Will find and upload it .

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
The following phrase is getting repetitive, but brings back memories of my solo ride from 2016.

Very nice pictures and a brave trip PZ. The batal to Manali stretch is truly a killer. Didn't you break bread at chacha chachi's at batal?
Yes, He traveled in the same train with the bike from Howrah to Delhi on the day we started from Kolkata.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
Your friend on the FZ, did he ship his bike to Delhi from Kolkata?
Hi dhanushmenon,
Thanks for such great appreciation. I have already shared the itinerary in the first post. Any ways, let me share it again -

DAY 01: Kolkata - Varanasi
DAY 02: Varanasi - Panipath
DAY 03: Panipath - Chail Palace - Narkanda
DAY 04: Narkanda - Chitkul
DAY 05: Chitkul - Giabong - Ropa Valley - Nako
DAY 06: Nako - Gue Village - Tabo
DAY 07: Tabo - Dhankar Lake - Dhankar Monastery - Mud (Pin Valley)
DAY 08: Mud - Fukchong - Kaa Village - Kaza
DAY 09: Kaza - Key - Kibber - Chicham - Kaza
DAY 10: Kaza - Langza - Hikkim - Komic - Kaza
DAY 11: Kaza - Losar
DAY 12: Losar - Chandratal - Batal - Chatru - Gramphu - Kothi
DAY 13: Kothi - Ambala Cant.
DAY 14: Ambala - Fathepur
DAY 15: Fathepur- Tenughat Dam (Jharkhand)
DAY 16: Tenughat Dam - Kolkata

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
Man! You just blew me away!
Wonderful narration and jaw dropping snaps. Without me having to travel to Spiti, you opene up it beauty in front of us. Many thanks for sharing such a brilliant piece of work. Rated the well deserved five stars.

Spiti has been on my radar for quite some time now. Only that something or the other comes up and I fail to conclude a trip that side.

Could you kindly share your itinerary?
Thanks earthian,

Now the bolero has covered 1L KM, and I am seeing that the leaf-spring is creating issue in last three long trips. Now I am planing to change the complete set before such long trips. Also, I like to live causal in holidays, and believe that nothing can be achieved in panic mode .

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthian View Post
Yes, it was a great TR and very good photographs. I marvelled at the very casual attitude with which you tackled the problems you had, especially with the Bolero. leaf spring broken. I would have split a gut. Gear not engaging, Car not starting. Great job.
Thank you very much Samba Da,

Ladakh trip has been done long before, but I was not able to manage time to complete it. We (Me and my Wife) had done a full utilization of Durga Puja holidays to complete long pending travelogues. Two more is waiting in the queue and working on the image and video selections.

Many thanks for putting some lights on the Ladakh blog and sharing it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Brother, you are no ordinary human being! A normal human being cant write a Ladakh and Spiti travelogue at the same time and get both of them published together.
If anyone is clueless on what am saying, then please go through this link too -
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/trave...h-kashmir.html (Three tickets to paradise - Ladakh & Kashmir)

Just completed reading both. Both are 5* materials with some brilliant pics and awesome narration.
Felt good to see the Fz25 travelling with you. Sadly my Fz25 will not see the Himalaya in it's life, but it felt great to see other's taking their Fz25 for such trips.
Few dreams remain as dreams. We cant get all.

Keep travelling and keep gifting us with such wonderful travelogue's.
Thanks EvilZombie,

Until I reached Chadrataal, only one song was buzzing in my head

"I tried so hard
And got so far
But in the end
It doesn't even matter"

~ Linking Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilZombie View Post
Mesmerizing pictures sir, truly food for the soul. I thoroughly enjoyed the detailed blog and immersive narration. And have to agree with you 100% on this "Bad roads lead to great destinations". Thank you for sharing
PointZero is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th November 2019, 06:24   #32
BHPian

Re: On the road again! Spiti Valley, Himachal Pradesh

Great travelogue Point Zero finished reading both your Ladakh & Spiti Valley. Awesome pictures with great narration. I have been planning on doing both this circuits since last 5 years but every time something comes up.
Jajabor is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks