Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2019, 00:17   #31
BHPian

Re: Spiti Valley in my Ford Endeavour

This is a brilliantly written post. I last week drive to Rohtang Pass in my Baleno. Excited to travel beyond. This post seems very encouraging.
SPB_drives is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2019, 17:32   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow, this was an amazing read Sir.

I missed reading this travelogue till now, as when this travelogue was published, i was on a trip to Northeast.

The excellent pics and the detailed narration made this worth more than a 5* rating!

After reading this travelogue, memories from our last year's Spiti drive got refreshed.

Our convoy on the Kaza - Manli highway in may 2018.

Spiti Valley in my Ford Endeavour-img_7060.jpg

Sharing the link of our travelogue. Hope you will like to read it.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/trave...dans-suvs.html (Sailed through Lahaul & Spiti in hatchbacks, sedans & SUVs)

Last edited by Samba : 4th November 2019 at 17:34.
Samba is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2019, 11:48   #33
BHPian

An Excellent Travelogue sir. I have been planning for a similar trip for over an year. Still have to take the first step of buying the Endy though
I noticed u said that 4x4 didnt matter but do u feel if your Endy would have been a 3.2 4x4, would it have mattered at all??
Abhinav6683 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2019, 17:35   #34
Senior - BHPian

Excellent travelogue debuda. Apart from the pics what I liked most is that the two of you seemed to have covered this in perfect nomadic mood where even the hotels and stays were not pre-booked, you said you passed ahead of Shimla and then finally found the Treebo. An example and inspirational drive. I have a question, can this be covered in a diesel AT Innova Crysta? I plan to do in future after I gain some experience of driving in the hills, Darjeeling is on the cards for next year.
haisaikat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2019, 20:02   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhinav6683 View Post
I noticed u said that 4x4 didnt matter but do u feel if your Endy would have been a 3.2 4x4, would it have mattered at all??
I don't think that a 3.2 lit 4x4 version of Endy would have given me any practically useful additional benefits during the Spiti Valley drive. If I had invested in a 3.2 lit 4x4 and took it for this trip, I would have certainly engaged 4x4 and put the car in 'Rock' mode a few times, just for the heck of utilising features I paid extra money for, without realising that even the 2.2 lit RWD version could cross the same hurdles with almost equal ease!

Quote:
Originally Posted by haisaikat View Post
I have a question, can this be covered in a diesel AT Innova Crysta?
Most certainly. The Innova is quite popular with tour operators who take tourists to Spiti Valley.
debuda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th November 2019, 20:36   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Excellent!
The more threads I see about Spiti, the more I realise how much I did not see in my trip on the shimla kaza manali circuit. But hey, anything as an excuse to do it again, yeah.
This is one trip that has left a lasting definition of the word "alone" in my mind.
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2019, 07:58   #37
Team-BHP Support

The last set of notes are something which only who has seen it all can compile. Brilliant journey indeed! People usually suggest Leh region as the pinnacle of road trips, but the Himachal and North Sikkim circuits are equally arduous (if not more) and rewarding indeed.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2019, 11:19   #38
BHPian

Gripping narrative sir! Salute your spirit for taking on perhaps the most treacherous circuit in the country. Brought back memories of my trip to the region on my motorcycle.

You are spot on about altitude sickness in Himachal. There have just been too many reports in recent days of tragedy striking trekkers/motorists. The precautionary measures you have practiced and listed are valuable to say the least.

Your beast of a vehicle is just the right kind of artillery to launch an assault on those roads, if you can call those that. Do not understand how the route after Batal can be officially termed a highway. In the lean season (say September end) its easy for an unsuspecting motorist to run aground.
hothatchaway is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2019, 17:04   #39
BANNED

Great Trip in New Endy .

when you have XUV 500 - i used to check your posts all the time .
rxvelu is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks