Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2019, 12:35   #31
BHPian

Re: Hampi - Birds, Bears and Beautiful Temples

Lovely pictures! The Hampi experience is indeed so otherworldly. Your pictures brought my recent experiences back to life. Thank you for sharing the pictures. The sloth bears clicks are great too.

My recent trip was amazing. I drove all the way from Pune to Hubli. I stayed overnight. The next day morning I reached Hampi. The entire stretch of highway (via Gadag) and Koppal is under construction. There are ofcourse great stretches but too many diversions. But the scenic landscape keeps you going. My family enjoyed it greatly. At Hampi I stayed at the Jungle lodges near Kamlapur. I explored Hampi for 3 days.

I drove back to Pune from Hampi via Raichur, Gulbarga and Solapur. It was a longer route but we enjoyed the drive. The drive from Mantralayam to Outskirts of Gulbarga is thoroughly enjoyable. Reason being its a smooth tarmac and less traffic with a beautiful landscape. However not a four lane, so be careful of wrong side entrants.

So, if anyone from Pune is reading this, I would definitely recommend doing a road trip to Hampi and explore the route I just did. The scenery is overwhelming. !

I drove my 2017 Dzire AGS (petrol) did roughly 1600 kilometers. Started off with 22kmpl average. After the round trip the mileage was a decent 19.6.
Tygerman is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks