Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2019, 23:08   #16
BHPian

re: Agra, Fatehpur Sikri & Jhansi in a Maruti 800

Deep inside the center of the main structure lies the grave of Emperor Akbar. A narrow passage way leads to a large room wherein the grave is situated.

Emperor Akbar’s Grave
Agra, Fatehpur Sikri & Jhansi in a Maruti 800-14.jpg

Agra, Fatehpur Sikri & Jhansi in a Maruti 800-15.jpg

Looking towards main gateway from inside the tomb
Agra, Fatehpur Sikri & Jhansi in a Maruti 800-13.jpg

The tomb is an elegant work of Mughal architecture
Agra, Fatehpur Sikri & Jhansi in a Maruti 800-16.jpg

Agra, Fatehpur Sikri & Jhansi in a Maruti 800-17.jpg

Agra, Fatehpur Sikri & Jhansi in a Maruti 800-19.jpg

Agra, Fatehpur Sikri & Jhansi in a Maruti 800-23.jpg

The other gateways to the complex
Agra, Fatehpur Sikri & Jhansi in a Maruti 800-18.jpg

Agra, Fatehpur Sikri & Jhansi in a Maruti 800-20.jpg

Agra, Fatehpur Sikri & Jhansi in a Maruti 800-21.jpg

Agra, Fatehpur Sikri & Jhansi in a Maruti 800-22.jpg

After exploring the place we headed back and spent the day by exploring the city at leisurely pace. Got the car refueled for the next day’s journey. Returned to hotel by evening and after dinner did the packing as had to leave next day.

Day 6: (Agra to Chandigarh: 479 km) (Route taken: Agra-Mathura-Hodal-Faridabad-Delhi-Panipat-Karnal-Ambala-Chandigarh)

After settling the hotel bill rolled out at 0830Hrs. Stopped for breakfast before Mathura. The day being Sunday, traffic was smooth. Crossed Delhi by 1430Hrs and stopped for lunch enroute. Finally arrived at base by 1830Hrs.

Route Map (Courtesy: Google Maps)
Agra, Fatehpur Sikri & Jhansi in a Maruti 800-agra-chandigarh.jpg
ssambyal1980 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 19th July 2019, 09:10   #17
SDP
Team-BHP Support

re: Agra, Fatehpur Sikri & Jhansi in a Maruti 800

Thread moved out from the Assembly Line. Thanks for sharing!
SDP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2019, 11:11   #18

Re: Agra, Fatehpur Sikri & Jhansi in a Maruti 800

Sir, first I would like congratulate you on the successful trip, I myself have been planning to drive from DELHI TO KHAJURAHO and will have to take the same route any pointers that you could provide for this journey would be useful. Thanks in advance
vinayak648o is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2019, 14:18   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayak648o View Post
Sir, first I would like congratulate you on the successful trip, I myself have been planning to drive from DELHI TO KHAJURAHO and will have to take the same route any pointers that you could provide for this journey would be useful. Thanks in advance
Thankyou for your kind words of appreciation. Regarding your proposed trip I would suggest that leaving early the entire journey from Delhi to Khajuraho via Agra, Gwalior by pass and Jhansi is doable in a day as from Delhi till Jhansi the highway is impeccable which also includes the Delhi-Agra section via Yamuna Expressway. From Jhansi onwards the shortest route to Khajuraho is via NH39 which is a two lane highway. As I haven't been to Khajuraho so can't comment on the condition of the highway. Nonetheless being a national highway it's condition ought to be good. Alternatively you can make an overnight stay at Jhansi and in that case you can include Gwalior Fort as well as Jhansi Fort in your itinerary as both of these are worth visiting. You can start from Delhi early and make a pit stop at Gwalior Fort and finally proceed to Jhansi. Delhi to Gwalior would take 5-6 hours to the maximum. Add 1-2 hours to explore Gwalior Fort and then further on to Jhansi it will take another 1 hour 45 mins. Then on next day after visiting Jhansi Fort you can proceed to Khajuraho which is a 4 hours drive.

Last edited by ssambyal1980 : 20th July 2019 at 14:40.
Old 20th July 2019, 21:57   #20
BHPian

Thanks for sharing. Had visited Agra and Fatehpur Sikri a decade back. How did 800 fare throughout the journey.
Utopian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2019, 23:33   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
Thanks for sharing. Had visited Agra and Fatehpur Sikri a decade back. How did 800 fare throughout the journey.
Thankyou! The Maruti 800 performed impeccably. It has been a reliable companion on many eventful road trips in last 17 years of ownership. Drove it regularly until bought second vehicle in 2013, nonetheless nothing can match the agility of Maruti 800. Whether its making way through chaotic urban traffic or meandering through narrow Himalayan roads, the humble Maruti 800 is the winner hands down everytime.
ssambyal1980 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2019, 16:27   #22

Nice travelogue ssambyal1980.

You could have added Gwalior to your itinerary. Apart from the fort, this city has a lot to offer to keep you busy at least for two days. Following places in Gwalior city may be of interest to fellow bhp'ians planning a trip there:

1) Fort
2) Jayvilas palace (a part of this palace is still used as the residence of the royal Schindia family)
3) Maharaj bada (main market). The place has lot of old european architecture building like government press, General Post Office, Victoria market etc.
4) Sun temple
vroom_vroom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2019, 17:47   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vroom_vroom View Post
Nice travelogue ssambyal1980.

You could have added Gwalior to your itinerary. Apart from the fort, this city has a lot to offer to keep you busy at least for two days. Following places in Gwalior city may be of interest to fellow bhp'ians planning a trip there:

1) Fort
2) Jayvilas palace (a part of this palace is still used as the residence of the royal Schindia family)
3) Maharaj bada (main market). The place has lot of old european architecture building like government press, General Post Office, Victoria market etc.
4) Sun temple
Thanks alot for your appreciation. Initially had Gwalior Fort in the itinerary but due to some time related constraints couldn't materialise the visit. Nonetheless its on my must visit list and hopefully will definitely visit it in future.
Old 22nd July 2019, 18:44   #24
BHPian

You travel accentuated with beautiful pictures has stirred my desire to visit this part which has very signification role to play in history of India be it mogul rule or first stand against British empire.

Thanks for sharing everything in details. Your bold could act as a guide for people.
RajeevSharma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2019, 19:51   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeevSharma View Post
You travel accentuated with beautiful pictures has stirred my desire to visit this part which has very signification role to play in history of India be it mogul rule or first stand against British empire.

Thanks for sharing everything in details. Your bold could act as a guide for people.
Thankyou! You are absolutely right that the region has played a pivotal role in the history of the nation as the region was the hub for the nationalist and revolutionary activities and thus attracted nationalists from all over the nation in their quest for sovereignty and independence.
ssambyal1980 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2019, 14:02   #26
BHPian

This blog is definitely going in my favorites. You have covered a lot of places in a short span. Thanks for sharing with us, keep traveling and sharing such great experiences with us.
ARAY is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2019, 15:44   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARAY View Post
This blog is definitely going in my favorites. You have covered a lot of places in a short span. Thanks for sharing with us, keep traveling and sharing such great experiences with us.
Thanks a lot for going through the travelogue and for your kind words of appreciation. Its always delightful to share travel experiences on Team BHP forum with like minded enthusiasts like you.

Regards

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks