Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2019, 11:38   #16
BHPian

Re: In search of the perfect Christmas market - Bratislava, Budapest, Prague & more

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiragM View Post
Amazing pictures feluda86. Thanks for sharing.

Prague and Vienna are so beautiful. Hungary as well. Eastern Europe is a lovely place and is on my bucket list. Someday.
Indeed! Stockholm, Prague and Austria (Vienna and the alps) are among the most beautiful places in Europe that I have been to. What is even better is they are not as crowded as some of the other places in Europe. Excellent travelogue! Scotland and Ireland are definitely on our bucket list.
Old 25th April 2019, 13:17   #17
Team-BHP Support

Re: In search of the perfect Christmas market - Bratislava, Budapest, Prague & more

Quote:
Originally Posted by feluda86 View Post
Indeed! Stockholm, Prague and Austria (Vienna and the alps) are among the most beautiful places in Europe that I have been to. What is even better is they are not as crowded as some of the other places in Europe. Excellent travelogue! Scotland and Ireland are definitely on our bucket list.
Amazing stuff Feluda86. Having visited these cities in my younger days this was particularly nostalgic for me. Vienna was always the city I dreamt of settling down in but family duties forced me back to India.
navin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th April 2019, 00:27   #18
BHPian

Lovely photos and an amazingly detailed and well written travelogue feluda86. I had done a 10 days Europe tour with a Travel Company in 2005. Don't remember anything apart from the bus/train travel. It was really hectic. I plan to do a leisurely trip sometime in the future when the kids are old enough to travel. The Tips section would be very useful then.
adi.mariner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2019, 09:23   #19
BHPian

Unusual time to visit Europe but you just nailed it. This is a season you get fresh snow falls, people are laid back in holiday mood, homes decorated beautufully, its all about socializing, family, old friends, kith and kin.

Thanks for painstakingly furnishing so many details. Beautiful pictures, low light photography is never easy. Rating it well deserved 5 stars.

Your post made me feel nostalgic. I had lived in Germany for 6 years, Weinachtsmarket (Christmas Market) bring a warm celebratory mood in cold december weather. These in Germany are evening markets they open at dusk and go till midnight. It was all about food, drinks, kids and kids in you.

Thanks for sharing, wish you great travels.
Thermodynamics is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2019, 10:14   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi.mariner View Post
Lovely photos and an amazingly detailed and well written travelogue feluda86. I had done a 10 days Europe tour with a Travel Company in 2005. Don't remember anything apart from the bus/train travel. It was really hectic. I plan to do a leisurely trip sometime in the future when the kids are old enough to travel. The Tips section would be very useful then.
Thanks! We love the planning for our trips ourselves. That gives us a sense of belonging there when we are actually there. I am sure in 2005 you did not have the luxury of the wealth of information available on the internet nowadays. Do visit some of these places before they become swamped by more tourists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermodynamics View Post
Unusual time to visit Europe but you just nailed it. This is a season you get fresh snow falls, people are laid back in holiday mood, homes decorated beautufully, its all about socializing, family, old friends, kith and kin.

Thanks for painstakingly furnishing so many details. Beautiful pictures, low light photography is never easy. Rating it well deserved 5 stars.

Your post made me feel nostalgic. I had lived in Germany for 6 years, Weinachtsmarket (Christmas Market) bring a warm celebratory mood in cold december weather. These in Germany are evening markets they open at dusk and go till midnight. It was all about food, drinks, kids and kids in you.

Thanks for sharing, wish you great travels.
Thank you for the kind words!

We try to avoid tourists as much as possible. That means travelling during fall and winter, waking up early in the morning and may be going off the beaten path sometimes. A white European Christmas was one of our major bucket list items - hence this trip had personal incentives also. The markets are super fun - reminds me of the school fests.
Old 26th April 2019, 13:12   #21
BHPian

Nice travelogue. I appreciate the advice on making own bookings, and doing research before we go. We covered Budapest, Prague and Vienna together during September month and booked everything on our own.
Also, yes love walking. AirBnB is something I haven't tried yet, for God-knows-what reasons. May be 'cos I love eating the local food extensively on such trips.
Budapest has some amazing local food along with Prague. Viennese coffee, just like their food, is over-rated. Pastries and bakery stuff is good.

PS: Amazing pics.
ValarMorghulis is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks