Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2018, 19:48   #16
BHPian

Re: Duster AWD to the rescue: Hyderabad - Orissa - West Bengal (Durga Puja)

Another of those wonderfully written detailed travelogue accompanied by amazing pics that we have got accustomed to from you

Love the intricate details you cover
manas_270 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2018, 16:27   #17
BHPian

As usual, wonderful write up & excellent pictures. As I stay in Hyderabad, I should meet you for some great pictures of my car. Coming to your trip, 1st day, non stop 24 hours drive.. wasn't a hard push? I mean 24 hours driving is bit risky.. isn't it?
cp171185 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2018, 01:13   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manas_270 View Post
Another of those wonderfully written detailed travelogue accompanied by amazing pics that we have got accustomed to from you

Love the intricate details you cover
Thanks a lot for your kind words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cp171185 View Post
As usual, wonderful write up & excellent pictures. As I stay in Hyderabad, I should meet you for some great pictures of my car. Coming to your trip, 1st day, non stop 24 hours drive.. wasn't a hard push? I mean 24 hours driving is bit risky.. isn't it?
Thanks and ofcourse its risky, taking a car out from parking these days is risky too. I have been doing 24+ hrs non stop for few years now, i feel more comfortable driving that way.
ARAY is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2018, 16:21   #19
BHPian

Excellent log, very nice pictures, details and history. Just like every one, I am dumbfounded on reading you drive 24 hours non-stop. My personal best was 17 hours and that required a good night sleep. I still wonder, since you start journey late night, how did you manage your sleep.
Thermodynamics is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2018, 17:17   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARAY View Post
Thanks a lot for your kind words.

Thanks and ofcourse its risky, taking a car out from parking these days is risky too. I have been doing 24+ hrs non stop for few years now, i feel more comfortable driving that way.
Great Spirit, I must say! Why I asked is keeping my eyes open for continuous 24 hours is bit tough for me. But again, If you're comfortable then I guess half the battle is over.
cp171185 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2018, 17:35   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermodynamics View Post
Excellent log, very nice pictures, details and history. Just like every one, I am dumbfounded on reading you drive 24 hours non-stop. My personal best was 17 hours and that required a good night sleep. I still wonder, since you start journey late night, how did you manage your sleep.
Thanks a lot, yes Historical places kindnof attract me now a days.
I would never ask anyone to do 24hrs, I have been doing it for last few years as I stay 2000+ kms away from Himalaya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cp171185 View Post
Great Spirit, I must say! Why I asked is keeping my eyes open for continuous 24 hours is bit tough for me. But again, If you're comfortable then I guess half the battle is over.
Thanks man, shared the gpx data file with you . Its all about comfortable driving and soaking in the experience, so we drive as long as we are comfortable.
Old 15th November 2018, 15:30   #22
BHPian

A gem from you once again , beautifully written and photographed with a lot of pertinent information.

The long truck queues in the Odisha - AP and Odisha - WB borders should be a thing of the past now or are they still there ?
DriveTrain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2018, 09:11   #23
BHPian

What a way to turn a mundane drive back home to a full blown trip !! Super pictures as usual. Will be going to Odisha in December for some work. Might just cover some of the places you mentioned.

Cheers,

Pawan
PapaBravo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2018, 21:34   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveTrain View Post
A gem from you once again , beautifully written and photographed with a lot of pertinent information.

The long truck queues in the Odisha - AP and Odisha - WB borders should be a thing of the past now or are they still there ?
Thanks a lot dada for your kind words, hope to meet cousin AWD soon. Yes they still do exist but manageable with an AWD, if you know what I mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBravo View Post
What a way to turn a mundane drive back home to a full blown trip !! Super pictures as usual. Will be going to Odisha in December for some work. Might just cover some of the places you mentioned.

Cheers,

Pawan
Thanks a lot Papada , yes definitely OD has lots to explore for sure.

Last edited by ARAY : 4th December 2018 at 21:37.
Old 7th December 2018, 15:47   #25
BHPian

In my first job in 2010, I travelled quite a bit in Odisha with my colleagues. I have some fond memories of boating in Chilika lake, visiting the magnificent Konark temple and many more places there. Reading your log was like re-living those times. I never thought the steel structures in Konark temple were a permanent fixture. Thanks for the lovely narration and beautiful pictures.
gunin is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks