Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2018, 13:04   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: S-Cross'd : India's Grand Canyon (Gandikota)

Complete Drive Plan
S-Cross'd : India's Grand Canyon (Gandikota)-googlemap20180326_163847.jpg

GPS Trail of our drive
AP Drive.kml

Third adventure of Kungfu Panda

Waiting for more drives

The End
laluks is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 27th March 2018, 14:42   #32
BHPian

Giving 5* for this thread. Amazing narrative! Beautiful pics and well written travelogue! A visual treat indeed. Appreciate your attention to detail to take pics of entry tickets too and the patience to upload the pics for everyone's benefit. Gandikota has been on my bucket list for long, hope to cover this after this summer.
grkonweb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2018, 15:09   #33
Senior - BHPian

Thanks a lot for sharing your travelogues laluks. I have become fond of your travelogues and keep waiting to read and see more and more. Keep travelling and keep sharing your weekend drives.

P.S. - My parents lived in Tornagallu (Jindal Steel Plant) near Hampi for 3 years between 2005-8, and the photos reminded me of the place. Maybe your next travelogue can be for Hampi, Bellary Fort etc. It's an overnight journey from Bangalore. :-P Just saying...
AdityaDeane is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2018, 15:44   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by grkonweb View Post
Giving 5* for this thread. Amazing narrative! Beautiful pics and well written travelogue! A visual treat indeed. Appreciate your attention to detail to take pics of entry tickets too and the patience to upload the pics for everyone's benefit. Gandikota has been on my bucket list for long, hope to cover this after this summer.
Thanks grk.
These days with my phone photo is easy, so clicks whatever is interesting. BTW 80% is from my phone cam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
Thanks a lot for sharing your travelogues laluks. I have become fond of your travelogues and keep waiting to read and see more and more. Keep travelling and keep sharing your weekend drives.

P.S. - My parents lived in Tornagallu (Jindal Steel Plant) near Hampi for 3 years between 2005-8, and the photos reminded me of the place. Maybe your next travelogue can be for Hampi, Bellary Fort etc. It's an overnight journey from Bangalore. :-P Just saying...
Thanks Aditya.
Hampi yes, have traveled and stayed there for 3 days. Never found time to write about it yet, unfortunately.
laluks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2018, 15:47   #35
Senior - BHPian

Did you visit the Tipu Sultan Fort in Bellary? I think it is called as Tipu Sultan fort only... Maybe on your next visit on that route...
Old 27th March 2018, 15:59   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
Did you visit the Tipu Sultan Fort in Bellary? I think it is called as Tipu Sultan fort only... Maybe on your next visit on that route...
Bellary not yet. Hampi was a part of a major drive in 2011. The drive was like Bangalore - Satara - Kaas -Mahabelshwar - Koyna - Kohlapur - Bijapur - Badami - Pattadakkal - Aihole - Hampi - Thungabhadra - Bangalore. Some 15 plus days, with family.
Old 27th March 2018, 17:55   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
Thanks grk.
These days with my phone photo is easy, so clicks whatever is interesting. BTW 80% is from my phone cam.
What phone mate? Slightly off topic, but this is a travelogue
Old 27th March 2018, 18:10   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
What phone mate? Slightly off topic, but this is a travelogue
The One plus Five
Old 27th March 2018, 21:57   #39
BHPian

Travelogues are rolling out like hot cakes these days. Looks like the panda is having a great time.

Another well-presented Tlog from you with some fine pictures. You are giving us some major driving goals.

What do we expect next?
Avalanche2409 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2018, 12:21   #40
BHPian

Excellent post, rated 5 star! I have been in Gandi & Belum caves during last week of 2016. Awesome place but underrated. So not that much tourists were there. Now through your post I can see some banners, plantation activities around the temple, Charminar etc. It means, authority is promoting the place as tourists spot. Which is good for the livelihood of the locals. But in general tourists spoil any beautiful places by littering, by not giving proper respect to the locals & by not respecting nature. I hope next time around I will not see chips packet on the Pennar river!!

Btw can you please share the google location from where you took this pic:-

S-Cross'd : India's Grand Canyon (Gandikota)-1.jpg

Seems you have taken it from Gandikota Adventure Camp site. But I guess back then in 2016 it was not there, so I dont know the location. Please share.

There's place from where you can go for a boat ride through River Pennar. Did you try that? If so, please share more information on it.

And, I hope you've not missed Stargazing at Gandikota! Oh boy, being away from the main city, we had a spectacular view of night sky near AP tourism hotel, Gandikota.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
What does this mean? Composition Taxable Person ?[/b]
Lastly, being a GST professional I can sense what the food joint wanted to convey to the customer. Composition Taxable Person means, The food join is registered as Composition Person under GST, and will not be able to provide "Tax Invoice" to the business entity in order to avail the Credit benefit under GST (kind of Cashback). Instead of normal GST rate (5% for restaurant), this food joint will charge 1% for which no break-up will be there on the invoice like how we receive from normal restaurant (image below)

S-Cross'd : India's Grand Canyon (Gandikota)-normal.jpg

In the above example he would have bill Rs 59.59 (Rs 59 +1%) instead of Rs 59 + Tax Rs 11. No break up of tax (1%) would have been there, straight Rs 59.59 (as if full amount is cost, no tax.) Business entity can take credit benefit of Rs 11 but no credit for the bill of Rs 59.59 as no separate tax is shown.

The poster is to give the message to the business house beforehand that, they will not be able to provide proper GST Invoice.

Hope you got the point

Cheers!

Last edited by cp171185 : 29th March 2018 at 12:24. Reason: Typo, adding text
cp171185 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2018, 12:49   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cp171185 View Post
Btw can you please share the google location from where you took this pic:-
Before entering the fort, there is a right turn to the camp site. I took it from there
S-Cross'd : India's Grand Canyon (Gandikota)-googlemap20180329_124323.jpg

Boating we were there at the place, decided not to due to the heat. Also there were not much activity there, so moved on.
S-Cross'd : India's Grand Canyon (Gandikota)-googlemap20180329_124635.jpg

Thanks for that GST info, all those are Greek and Latin to me
Old 30th March 2018, 18:25   #42

The Photos of all the places are amazing! Did you use a mobile cam or a DSLR? Wish your S Cross many more kilometers of fruitful and awesome journeys. Bon Voyage mate!
Popeye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2018, 19:31   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popeye View Post
The Photos of all the places are amazing! Did you use a mobile cam or a DSLR? Wish your S Cross many more kilometers of fruitful and awesome journeys. Bon Voyage mate!
Thanks Popeye. Almost 80% are from my phone, OP5.
Old 7th April 2018, 13:14   #44
BHPian

laluks, super thread .
Wonderful pictures and you have an amazing narration skill.
Your travels with kungfu-panda is an inspiration to others like me. I wish you both many happy and safe miles. Keeping munching more miles and keep the travelogues coming.

I had planned a pilgrimage trip to Ahobilam (from Bangalore) with my family between 29-31 March 2018. After seeing your thread, I was inspired to add Belum caves and Yaganti as additional places to visit during the trip. We had an amazing trip and the entire family was thrilled and happy to visit Belum caves and Yaganti. Thank you.
I have put a brief description of road status during my trip in another post.

Once again thanks.
srvm is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks