Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2018, 13:17   #16
BHPian

Re: Chronicles of a Lone Biker | The Big One | Bhutan 2017 | Dominar 400 Adventures

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjnigesh View Post
Every time I read travelogues of Bhutan, it literally glues me to the office chair, that too on a motorcycle for 15 days! In fact, I have missed my meeting this morning, LOL.

Superb pictures along with equally good writing, stands true to your thread title. I have been worried about having only 30 days of yearly vacation, and couldn’t find enough time to ride! Not any more, thanks to you.

Thank you for sharing
Keep riding
Get out on the road and just do it!

I'm in the same boat. 30 days annual leave. However, working in retail comes with some benifits too All those week offs that the boss happily makes us work on are accumulated and then one long ride!
bullet_chacha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2018, 17:21   #17
BHPian

Re: Chronicles of a Lone Biker | The Big One | Bhutan 2017 | Dominar 400 Adventures

Wow
Such a lovely travelogue. Perfectly written and awesome snaps.
Old 21st February 2018, 16:36   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjnigesh View Post
Every time I read travelogues of Bhutan, it literally glues me to the office chair, that too on a motorcycle for 15 days! In fact, I have missed my meeting this morning, LOL.

Superb pictures along with equally good writing, stands true to your thread title. I have been worried about having only 30 days of yearly vacation, and couldn’t find enough time to ride! Not any more, thanks to you.

Thank you for sharing
Keep riding
Well, I have been thinking for a while, if we could have a T-BHP riders group and plan a Bhutan like sojourn. The camaraderie will be predictable too.
Pankaj_Ahlawat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2018, 17:19   #19
BHPian

Thanks, bullet_chacha for this brilliant travelogue. It is one of the best solo rides I have ever seen. Bhutan is a lovely country and your days spent there shows why it is one of the top-ranked countries on the happiness index. All the pictures are so beautiful and treat for the eyes to watch.
Amit_Kapoor4750 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2018, 21:56   #20
BHPian

Thanks for your kind words guys. Another equally adventurous trip is on card very soon!

Last edited by GTO : 25th February 2018 at 17:47. Reason: As per PM sent to you
Old 22nd February 2018, 07:15   #21
BHPian

Excellent travelogue that very well captured your entire experience of the trip. We have also planned a road trip to Bhutan (I am more of a driver than a rider ) and your writeup helped me with lot of information.
Old 22nd February 2018, 07:25   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy28 View Post
Excellent travelogue that very well captured your entire experience of the trip. We have also planned a road trip to Bhutan (I am more of a driver than a rider ) and your writeup helped me with lot of information.
Glad to know the info was useful for you. Just in case you have any other querry, feel free to get in touch.
Old 22nd February 2018, 10:13   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet_chacha View Post
Glad to know the info was useful for you. Just in case you have any other querry, feel free to get in touch.
Thanks. For now, I have only 2 queries; will bug you with more as I get closer to my trip
1) Do you need a local agent to help with the entry permits at Phuentsholing? Since you had local friends, it was helpful but can it be managed by self?
2) While I have generally read that Indian currency is widely accepted all across Bhutan, what is the ground reality? Especially in smaller towns, highways and smaller shops?
Old 24th February 2018, 20:06   #24
BHPian

The information provided is top notch. Blogs like these are referred to by generations . I have been travelling that region for last two years. Bhutan - Nepal is in for 2018 winters. The research is on and blogs like these help a lot.

Sikkim
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...uster-awd.html

Arunachal, Meghalaya
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...uster-awd.html

Keep travelling and sharing such wonderful blogs
Old 26th February 2018, 07:24   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Day 11 | 1.07.2017 | Mongar, Bhutan - Bongaigaon, Assam, India | ~360 km

This was it! Today I would finally enter back into India, although later in the day.
...Have to cover around 180km before I enter India and that should take about 8 odd hours as the road condition is a mix of good, bad and no roads. Not to forget the uncertain weather conditions. Read on to know more as I head towards Samdrup Jongkhar, Indio-Bhutan Border Gate in the East.
As previously mentioned, Mongar swept me off my feet and still continued to do so.

As I always say, this was one hell of a ride!
@bullet_chacha. Great comprehensive TL.
Would appreciate the details of access from Trashigang to India. You mention the exit point at Samdrup Jongkhar. However, the Google Maps doesnt show any road access via the same. Please elucidate. A PM too would be most welcome.
Thanks in advance.
Unavowed_X9
Old 26th February 2018, 14:55   #26
BHPian

Hi Krishna!

Thank you for that motivating comment and considering me worthy enough to be contacted for details.

While Google Maps do not show any route from Trashigang to Samdrup Jongkhar (SJ henceforth), there is once that takes you through some very good and very bad and no roads.

Though I don't exactly remember the places that I waded through, however, there's only one route and everyone walking/driving on the road knows about SJ, so asking people for directions is not a problem.

Please note that, even though I know one could exit from SJ, I'm still not sure if we could enter through the SJ gate.
Old 26th February 2018, 20:57   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Bullet chacha, reposting my 2 queries in case you missed it in your busy schedule

Thanks. For now, I have only 2 queries; will bug you with more as I get closer to my trip
1) Do you need a local agent to help with the entry permits at Phuentsholing? Since you had local friends, it was helpful but can it be managed by self?
2) While I have generally read that Indian currency is widely accepted all across Bhutan, what is the ground reality? Especially in smaller towns, highways and smaller shops?
Old 26th February 2018, 21:14   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Bullet chacha, reposting my 2 queries in case you missed it in your busy schedule

Heay Sandy!

Apologies to have missed your queries.

1. The trip can be very well managed on your own. Getting permits is an easy task. Solo travelers are been frowned upon, and if traveling solo, prepare yourself for ultimate humiliations. Questions about your occupation, family, religion etc. are common. Make sure you have a confirmed booking for P'ling, Thimphu and Paro. Rest of the places are manageable. Print an itinerary to be handed over at the immigration office if you dont prefer to write it down (just in case).

IMO local agents would be little help as you need to scan your finger prints (and retina IIRC). Even if you hire them, you would anyway have to go and see the immigration official.

2. Except 500 and 2000 notes, every dinomination is more than welcome. Its appreciated even more than BC (BC = Bhutan Currency, just in case you're from Delhi... ). Do not exchange your IC for BC. just keep paying in IC and you'll keep receiving BC. Also, make sure you spend all your BC before you exit as they have little to no value here or with the exchangers

Also, Ensure you surrender your permit at the time of exit unless you want yourself to be welcomed by a heavy fine on your next visit. I've heard people being fined in excess of INR 20000 for just that!
Old 26th February 2018, 21:43   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Heay Sandy!

Apologies to have missed your queries.
Thanks once again bro for all the details. Really helful. And no apologies. I can understand. I am not from Delhi but am well versed with the lingos there .
Old 26th February 2018, 21:47   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks once again bro for all the details. Really helful. And no apologies. I can understand. I am not from Delhi but am well versed with the lingos there .

This! Tu mera bhai hai

Tip: When visiting Bhutan...

"Polightness and Apologies are your key with the officials" - Sir Bullet Chacha

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks