Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2017, 13:19   #16
BHPian

Re: The Rare Pale Tiger from Nilgiri Biosphere Reserve

Nilanjan the photos are simply awesome and the write up gave a feeling of actually being with you there.

Cheers.

Vijay
vijayols is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2017, 15:19   #17
BHPian

Thanks for sharing the story and the wonderful pictures, Nilanjan!! Fantastic details captured in each shot, such a great artist you are with the camera
jayantvs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2017, 23:15   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
May the numbers increase even more. Your effort in capturing this amazing animal will also help further. Kudos to you.
Thanks. I do hope that this cute cat is safe.

Btw, a number of deaths have been reported this year, including a famous tigress from Bandhavgarh. Poaching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayrathore View Post
Wow Wow Wow!!

What a jewel you have discovered. Truly majestic!!

Have long been a fan of your threads and you always manage to take us away into your mesmerizing world of the wild. I completely forget the worldly worries atleast for couple of hours every time I go through a thread of yours.

Kudos to your efforts taking all the pain while clicking these beauties and in penning these stories to that real perfection.

I am itching since long to get that dream MKII. So long that now MKIV is here. Someday for sure!

Thanks again for sharing!! A big bow!
Glad to be of service :-)

What is MkII and MkIV?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthappa View Post
Stunning pictures, Nilanjan! I just sat mesmerised by this post. The majesty of these wonderful animals conveyed in your captures is truly awe-inspiring. Hope to emulate these pictures in the future, more power to you, Sir!
Thanks Uthappa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by majumon View Post
Nilanjan , fantastic as always, proud to have you a fellow member. Actually the tiger was looking cute and not any way ferocious.
I really liked the shot of the tusker in masth, how far were you from him during the shot. Hats off to on your courage.
Nilgiris is also my favourite destinations and am a regular at coonoor but have not really made it to the wild side except once when I had stayed at Red hills.
Yes, I found the pale tiger to be rather cute. It's companion was a different matter, especially when it was growling and charging.

Coonoor has a lot of wildlife. Gaurs, leopards, bears. And sometimes tigers pass through the tea estates, and elephants come up. Ask the tea estate folks, they will tell you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijayols View Post
Nilanjan the photos are simply awesome and the write up gave a feeling of actually being with you there.

Cheers.

Vijay
Thanks Vijay

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayantvs View Post
Thanks for sharing the story and the wonderful pictures, Nilanjan!! Fantastic details captured in each shot, such a great artist you are with the camera
Thank you Jayant.

Rimlit antlers
The Rare Pale Tiger from Nilgiri Biosphere Reserve-dsc_6717_000054b.jpg
nilanjanray is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th November 2017, 05:52   #19
BHPian

Hey Nilanjan, awesome stuff as always man. I found the article in Hindu stating the cute one has a sibling too

http://www.thehindu.com/sci-tech/ene...?homepage=true

Plan a trip again and get them both posing for the team
MotoNanu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th November 2017, 09:47   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoNanu View Post
Hey Nilanjan, awesome stuff as always man. I found the article in Hindu stating the cute one has a sibling too

You have beaten me to it. I just read the Hindu article and wanted to share here. Surprised that they are 'Two Brothers'.

Last edited by sgmuser : 9th November 2017 at 09:47. Reason: Typo
Old 9th November 2017, 13:53   #21
BHPian

Fantastic record for the south Niljanan. Glad your repeated efforts to Nilgiris paid off rich divends and a true nature lover always enjoys being there . Kudos and lot more to come
aravind84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2017, 15:14   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoNanu View Post

http://www.thehindu.com/sci-tech/ene...?homepage=true

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgmuser View Post
You have beaten me to it. I just read the Hindu article and wanted to share here. Surprised that they are 'Two Brothers'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind84 View Post
Fantastic record for the south Niljanan. Glad your repeated efforts to Nilgiris paid off rich divends and a true nature lover always enjoys being there . Kudos and lot more to come
Thanks guys. Yes, I saw the article, wonders of nature! Actually surprised it took so long, since many people have been scouring the forests :-)

Spoke to an expert, he said that similar genetic mutation in the same litter is pretty common, so not surprising that a a sibling shares the same pale colour morph.
nilanjanray is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2017, 18:52   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray View Post
Glad to be of service :-)

What is MkII and MkIV?

Attachment 1694055
Totally forgot you are a Nikon guy!

I meant Canon 5D Mark II
Old 10th November 2017, 09:48   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

And there is more from where it came from

Hindu reports that there is a sibling to the pale tiger -

Quote:
The first ‘white’ tiger found here a few months ago has a brother who’s also white

The rare, pale-skinned ‘white’ tiger was spotted for the first time in the Nilgiris earlier this year by a wildlife photographer. It now turns out that this animal is not the only one of its kind. It has a family, and its brother is also ‘white’, though its mother and sister have normal coats.
Link

Great pics as usual Nilanjan. Also, do you frequent Sarjapur road? I saw a Fortuner on few occasions which looked liked your Bison.
mpksuhas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th November 2017, 10:01   #25
BHPian

Another blockbuster blog there. The pictures speak for themselves and they say quality . Thanks for sharing your experience with us. Keep traveling and sharing such detailed blogs.
ARAY is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2017, 11:27   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARAY View Post
Another blockbuster blog there. The pictures speak for themselves and they say quality . Thanks for sharing your experience with us. Keep traveling and sharing such detailed blogs.
Thanks ARAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
And there is more from where it came from

Great pics as usual Nilanjan. Also, do you frequent Sarjapur road? I saw a Fortuner on few occasions which looked liked your Bison.
Thanks. Yes, I stay in Sarjapur Road :-)
Old 10th November 2017, 17:49   #27
BHPian

Wonderful narration (Start Stop style) and liked it a lot rather than full para/sentences.

Awesome click of the pale tiger - but at first glance was wondering what's so special for a white tiger which i have seen in Nehru Zoological Park, Hyderabad. But once in to your post, mesmerized. Fantastic captures on the Tusker and Gaurs. What a mammoth creature they are and we should really cherish them, rather than getting perished
dre@ms is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2017, 13:45   #28
BHPian

Absolutely lovely pics. It is so ironical that for a generation which has grown up seeing colour pics, the B&W holds a strange allure and beauty. Maybe it "uncomplicates" the world and allows us to focus on just the subject?
Hells Bells is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2017, 14:56   #29
BHPian

Lovely post on the pale tiger Nilanjan! What an experience it must have been.

And the B&W pictures are truly eye-popping. If I may ask, what are you using for B&W conversion? Doing it in ACR/Raw converter or Photoshop or using some plugin like Nik?
Kartik Kumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2017, 21:30   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Wonderful narration (Start Stop style) and liked it a lot rather than full para/sentences.

Awesome click of the pale tiger - but at first glance was wondering what's so special for a white tiger which i have seen in Nehru Zoological Park, Hyderabad. But once in to your post, mesmerized. Fantastic captures on the Tusker and Gaurs. What a mammoth creature they are and we should really cherish them, rather than getting perished
Thanks. Zoo white tigers are badly inbred, and suffer from various issues. All white tigers in captivity are descendants of a male tiger called Mohan, that was captured by the Maharaja of Rewa during the 1950s.

Bull elephants and alpha male gaurs are rather impressive creatures. The gaur is the largest bovine in the world, bigger than the American bison and the African buffalo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells Bells View Post
Absolutely lovely pics. It is so ironical that for a generation which has grown up seeing colour pics, the B&W holds a strange allure and beauty. Maybe it "uncomplicates" the world and allows us to focus on just the subject?
Thank you. Not getting into the philosophical aspect of monochrome. Some folks like B&W, some don't. I have an increasing fondness for B&W processing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kartik Kumar View Post
Lovely post on the pale tiger Nilanjan! What an experience it must have been.

And the B&W pictures are truly eye-popping. If I may ask, what are you using for B&W conversion? Doing it in ACR/Raw converter or Photoshop or using some plugin like Nik?
Thanks. I use CNX-D or ACR for raw conversion, then Photoshop. Sometimes I use 3rd party plugins.

A couple of B&W photos that I processed a few days back.

The endangered lion-tailed macaque, shot through foliage after some careful stalking. Anamalai Tiger Reserve.
The Rare Pale Tiger from Nilgiri Biosphere Reserve-ltm.jpg

Spot-billed pelican fetching a stick for its nest
The Rare Pale Tiger from Nilgiri Biosphere Reserve-pelican.jpg
nilanjanray is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks