Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2017, 13:33   #16

Re: This Travelogue has no route - Confessions of a wandering mind

Brilliant write up. I have read your marriage proposal before and I knew something was coming at the end. But didn't want to scroll down and break the suspense. My favorite character was MAMBA!!! Every gang of friends have one like him.

I was literally rolling on the floor when the part about FART came in!!! OMG!!! You are AMAZING!!!
RomeoAlpha22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2017, 17:33   #17
BHPian

The best travelogue so far. Such a vivid description and humour infused writing. I personally liked the episode of Indica Vista. You captured the emotions of millions of Tata owners so subtly. Kudos to you. Look forward to many such 'dreamy encounters' from you.
dinesh6481 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2017, 16:08   #18
Senior - BHPian

Ha,ha! An amazingly well written travelogue! Read it twice or thrice, and laughed heartily at the transformations! You should pen down an in depth review of the Polo. I am sure there are many who will love to read it! Keep up the good writing!

Last edited by W.A.G.7 : 15th August 2017 at 16:11.
W.A.G.7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2017, 11:53   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf9 View Post
You should seriously consider writing as a profession, if you are not already into it.

Loved it. Thank you.
Glad you liked it. This is my first ever big post in English! I am just a bathroom author , professionals come from different breed, I guess. But yes, I will try to write more. Thanks much for the encouragement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
This was really so different! thanks brother.
I could relate it to one of my trips. Your Maruti 800 and the characters your described, made me revisit my college days when i did a Mumbai-Shirdi road trip in a second hand 800 with 3 of my school friends, and one of them we call him Bokya! Sadly the car has been scrapped, else just after reading this thread we would have done a short trip to revisit those days. In those days only Bokya owned that Maruti and going for road trips was not so common, which made it so much memorable.
Thank you!! I consider this my success because this post (and the great Maruti 800) made you revisit fond memories! Would love to read your story too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshumandun View Post
Thanks for writing this amazing post. I was just hating this feeling to come to office on Monday the 14th when more than half the office is on leave for the long weekend. Reading your article, first thing in the morning, made my day.
Cheers!
GT fan
Haha, the Black Monday! Feels great to help fellow Monday sufferer.
Thanks for your comment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anuraglakhotia View Post
I absolutely second your opinion. You should start writing professionally. This is a seamless blend of cars, friends, travel, food, opinions, debate and characters. And it all ends with a daydream. This stuff is Inception-esque. This stuff is brilliant.
Woaah, Inception-esque! I will save this comment on my sticker notes and read it every time I feel dull. Thank you so much for encouragement!

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedguy View Post
Capslock bhau, I was literally engrossed in your writing that I forgot that I am in my office. Laughing like a lunatic person in between. I fondly remember your love triangle. Keep writing those amazing travelogues
It's a great feeling when you make someone laugh. Great to see you liked it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeoAlpha22 View Post
Brilliant write up. I have read your marriage proposal before and I knew something was coming at the end. But didn't want to scroll down and break the suspense. My favorite character was MAMBA!!! Every gang of friends have one like him.
I was literally rolling on the floor when the part about FART came in!!! OMG!!! You are AMAZING!!!
Thank you RomeoAlpha22! Glad you liked Mamba! All my friends & family hate me for that same character

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinesh6481 View Post
The best travelogue so far. Such a vivid description and humour infused writing. I personally liked the episode of Indica Vista. You captured the emotions of millions of Tata owners so subtly. Kudos to you. Look forward to many such 'dreamy encounters' from you.
Thanks much Dinesh, Thanks for your kind words! Four cars of four different brands definitely have four different characters and yes Vista is a special one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
Ha,ha! An amazingly well written travelogue! Read it twice or thrice, and laughed heartily at the transformations! You should pen down an in depth review of the Polo. I am sure there are many who will love to read it! Keep up the good writing!
Thank you, thank you, thank you! I will show this comment to my ACTUAL friends & family who didn't read my complete post because of it's length!
Will try to write more about the Polo.
capslock is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2017, 12:09   #20
BHPian

ha ha, benefit of AT explained in the most raw and real way. Epic. This conversation should be sent to VW to be added in their sales pitch vocab.

By the way, the rear seat in the Polo is actually a huge killer. I dont think India has yet reached a stage where folks buy cars just for themselves and they have a different car for the family. That car ticks everything except rear leg room which is seriously cramped.

I have read that the upcoming Polo has a longer wheelbase allowing them to increase the rear legroom. Hope that car makes it to India
Dieselritzer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2017, 16:05   #21
Senior - BHPian

Dear Capslock, what a write up you came out with. You have a way with putting words to your imagination.

Made my day. Thank you.
vinit.merchant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2017, 03:48   #22
BHPian

Hello capslock, the way you have narrated this travelogue is amazing, I couldn't stop smiling while the true attributes of friendship were being discussed and could relate to every word that expressed the feelings.
A travelogue of a journey called life, among friends passing through different milestones and adding on to the experience.
You have definitely raised the bar here and I will look forward to your posts expecting some interesting topics covered in epic ways.

Cheers!
Brumby is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2017, 12:02   #23
BHPian

Great write-up . You have succinctly described the journey of a middle class Indian that many can easily identify, and in an entertaining way. It is difficult to engage someone over such a long post, especially in today's world when the habit of reading books is dying. You seem to have inherited qualities from Leo when writing stuff, and long may it continue.

Last edited by vamsi.kona : 17th August 2017 at 12:07.
vamsi.kona is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2017, 16:08   #24
BHPian

Capslock: What a brilliant write-up describing a journey most of us here have gone through! Loved the suspense, humour & flatulence!!
rmonie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2017, 13:05   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post
ha ha, benefit of AT explained in the most raw and real way. Epic. This conversation should be sent to VW to be added in their sales pitch vocab.

By the way, the rear seat in the Polo is actually a huge killer. I dont think India has yet reached a stage where folks buy cars just for themselves and they have a different car for the family. That car ticks everything except rear leg room which is seriously cramped.

I have read that the upcoming Polo has a longer wheelbase allowing them to increase the rear legroom. Hope that car makes it to India
Thanks for the compliment.
@Polo rear bench, yeah it really makes the driver feel selfish!
@New Polo, Yes, next gen polo is going to be better in terms of overall space, but I also read that it is not coming to India anytime before 2019!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
Dear Capslock, what a write up you came out with. You have a way with putting words to your imagination.

Made my day. Thank you.
Thanks much Vinit for your admiration. Your comment made my day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brumby View Post
Hello capslock, the way you have narrated this travelogue is amazing, I couldn't stop smiling while the true attributes of friendship were being discussed and could relate to every word that expressed the feelings.
A travelogue of a journey called life, among friends passing through different milestones and adding on to the experience.
You have definitely raised the bar here and I will look forward to your posts expecting some interesting topics covered in epic ways.

Cheers!
Hello Brumby, delighted to see your reaction. Feels great to make someone smile. I will try to write more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamsi.kona View Post
Great write-up. You have succinctly described the journey of a middle class Indian that many can easily identify, and in an entertaining way. It is difficult to engage someone over such a long post, especially in today's world when the habit of reading books is dying. You seem to have inherited qualities from Leo when writing stuff, and long may it continue.
Thanks vamsi.kona! Thanks for sparing time to read my long post. Your comment made me happy. Thanks again!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmonie View Post
Capslock: What a brilliant write-up describing a journey most of us here have gone through! Loved the suspense, humour & flatulence!!
Thank you rmonie! Glad you liked it!!
capslock is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2017, 11:57   #26
BHPian

@capslock, I randomly got to your post. Reminds me of the legendary R K Narayan's wit (the Bachelor of Arts, Mars in the Seventh House). Enjoyed it. Keep writing!!!
DrVjy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2017, 23:16   #27
BHPian

It was truly a delight to read your post capslock (probably the best after the yeti blogs).

Have also delightfully recently married into the same family with the noisy but notoriously mysterious and rarely ever seen in the neighborhood cousin. Goes by the name Ameo dsg!
vijayols is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2017, 14:27   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrVjy View Post
@capslock, I randomly got to your post. Reminds me of the legendary R K Narayan's wit (the Bachelor of Arts, Mars in the Seventh House). Enjoyed it. Keep writing!!!
Woah, felt honored by your comment. I haven't read R.K. Narayan's books yet, will read them for sure. Again, thanks much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijayols View Post
It was truly a delight to read your post capslock (probably the best after the yeti blogs).

Have also delightfully recently married into the same family with the noisy but notoriously mysterious and rarely ever seen in the neighborhood cousin. Goes by the name Ameo dsg!
Thanks for the kind words Vijay and congratulations for Ameo. Hope both of you are treating each other well
Old 9th September 2017, 21:05   #29
P21
BHPian

Capslock, You made my weekend

I was about to book a ticket for a movie and this travelogue came spot on. This is worth more than watching a comedy thriller. I am impressed. As someone said in earlier replies, just 30 odd posts from a quality writer is not ok. We need more from your stables.

I just started reading this movielogue, Yes its a MOVIE-logue and was under an impression its comical throughout. FART of true friend scene is awesome and then the horror come thriller touch. Bandya saying "This is my POLO GT" has come really well.

And finally the climax. Throughout the entire reading I was under an impression all three were different characters. This is the real twist.
P21 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks