Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2017, 11:18   #16
BHPian

Re: Every Mile A Memory! Bali, Indonesia

Hi @abhayankara!

Heartiest congratulations on your marriage and the journey you are about to take with it.

Serendipity seems just the right word as I share the same engagement date
I got married just a week later and I have also decided to go to Bali for my honeymoon! (Bookings of villas and flights done)
Your post has come at time when I am about to finalize the places to visit.
I am also a vegetarian and the list of restaurants are also helping a lot to plan!
I will reach out personally for contact details of the taxi driver.
Rating this thread a well deserved 5 star.

Last edited by turbospooler : 23rd February 2017 at 11:27. Reason: Found out you two are also vegetarians!
turbospooler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2017, 11:51   #17
BHPian

Day 5 Continued.

Every Mile A Memory! Bali, Indonesia-1.jpg

Next we headed towards Reptile park, adjoining to Bali bird park is the Reptile park. The reptile park is much smaller than Bird Park.It has the Komodo dragon, snakes, crocodiles, lizards, turtles, and most of which you can touch and feel and interact with gentle iguanas.

Every Mile A Memory! Bali, Indonesia-2.jpg
Every Mile A Memory! Bali, Indonesia-3.jpg
Every Mile A Memory! Bali, Indonesia-4.jpg
Every Mile A Memory! Bali, Indonesia-5.jpg
Every Mile A Memory! Bali, Indonesia-6.jpg
Every Mile A Memory! Bali, Indonesia-7.jpg
Every Mile A Memory! Bali, Indonesia-8.jpg
Every Mile A Memory! Bali, Indonesia-10.jpg
Every Mile A Memory! Bali, Indonesia-9.jpg
Every Mile A Memory! Bali, Indonesia-11.jpg
Every Mile A Memory! Bali, Indonesia-12.jpg
Every Mile A Memory! Bali, Indonesia-13.jpg
Every Mile A Memory! Bali, Indonesia-14.jpg
Every Mile A Memory! Bali, Indonesia-15.jpg
Every Mile A Memory! Bali, Indonesia-16.jpg
Every Mile A Memory! Bali, Indonesia-17.jpg
Every Mile A Memory! Bali, Indonesia-18.jpg

We spent almost half a day here. We enjoyed each and every moment here. Next we headed towards Pura Puseh Batuan Temple. We had not planned to visit this temple, but Made on our way told this is a good temple to visit. It took us around 30 minutes to reach from the Bird park. You need to put Sarong before entering the temple. There is no rent for the sarong but one has to donate some money when you take it. So we donated 10,000 Rp for each Sarong and proceeded towards the temple. The temple is maintained neat and clean, little crowded but worth visiting this temple.

Every Mile A Memory! Bali, Indonesia-21.jpg
Every Mile A Memory! Bali, Indonesia-22.jpg
Every Mile A Memory! Bali, Indonesia-20.jpg
Every Mile A Memory! Bali, Indonesia-23.jpg
Every Mile A Memory! Bali, Indonesia-24.jpg
Every Mile A Memory! Bali, Indonesia-26.jpg
Every Mile A Memory! Bali, Indonesia-27.jpg
Every Mile A Memory! Bali, Indonesia-25.jpg
Every Mile A Memory! Bali, Indonesia-28.jpg
Every Mile A Memory! Bali, Indonesia-30.jpg

Next Made took us to Tegenungan waterfalls, it is only 20 minutes drive from the Pura temple. By the time we reached here it started raining heavily. We were also very hungry, just at the entrance we found a restaurant which seemed to be maintained clean, also provided free WiFi. We both finished our lunch here, by the time we filled our tummies rain had stopped. The waterfall is beautiful, 20 minutes trek from the entrance. After visiting the waterfall we headed towards Go Gajah temple, this is also called as Elephant cave. Here also we need to put Sarong to enter the temple. The only temple where we entered inside the temple and could see Lord Ganesha Idol. The temple is clean, beware of very friendly and knowledgeable guides at the entrance.

Every Mile A Memory! Bali, Indonesia-31.jpg
Every Mile A Memory! Bali, Indonesia-32.jpg

The day was well spent and we were very tired. We reached resort by 6:30PM. Tomorrow we had a flight back to Bengaluru scheduled at 11:55AM, Made told he will be in the resort at 7:30AM to pick us up. our languages were already shifted to other suit. The reason I made two different suits is because I had planned full day activity this day and we would be checking out early in the morning. We requested for the breakfast be ready by 7:15AM so that we can leave early which was happily accepted by them(The breakfast time at the resort is 8:00AM - 11:00AM). We spent some more time exploring the resort and finished our dinner and signed off for the day.
abhayankara is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2017, 11:58   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbospooler View Post
Hi @abhayankara!

Heartiest congratulations on your marriage and the journey you are about to take with it.

Serendipity seems just the right word as I share the same engagement date
I got married just a week later and I have also decided to go to Bali for my honeymoon! (Bookings of villas and flights done)
Your post has come at time when I am about to finalize the places to visit.
I am also a vegetarian and the list of restaurants are also helping a lot to plan!
I will reach out personally for contact details of the taxi driver.
Rating this thread a well deserved 5 star.
Congratulation to you and happy journey mate . Sure I will share the drivers contact details in my next post. You can hire him, a very knowledgeable and trust-able person. You can Contact him through watsapp and tell my(Madhusudan) and Sandesh he will identify. Where have you booked the villas and when are you leaving?
Also there is one more temple which I missed to visit, please plan for that I will share that information once i receive the same from Sandesh.
abhayankara is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2017, 13:33   #19
BHPian

Congratulations on your wedding Abhayankara !

This travelogue couldnt have come at a better time ! I am leaving for Bali tomorrow and was just wondering about Taxi fares etc and in our weekly newsletter i find this !

Can you please share Made's contact details asap pls. What car did you have ? We are 7 of us who are travelling. I will contact him right away.

I am going to be put up in Kuta. So suggestions from that angle also are welcome.
Bapu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2017, 13:42   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bapu View Post
Congratulations on your wedding Abhayankara !

This travelogue couldnt have come at a better time ! I am leaving for Bali tomorrow and was just wondering about Taxi fares etc and in our weekly newsletter i find this !

Can you please share Made's contact details asap pls. What car did you have ? We are 7 of us who are travelling. I will contact him right away.

I am going to be put up in Kuta. So suggestions from that angle also are welcome.
Thanks Bapu,
Made:+62 878-6329-4390
Night life is very good is what I heard from many in Kuta. Play water games near Kuta/Nusa Dua
Happy journey.

Made has Toyota Avanza, but contact him he for any further queries on car.

Last edited by abhayankara : 23rd February 2017 at 13:44.
abhayankara is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2017, 15:27   #21
BHPian

Day 6: Saying Goodbye
12th February 2017

The second suit we stayed,

Every Mile A Memory! Bali, Indonesia-2.jpg
Every Mile A Memory! Bali, Indonesia-1.jpg
Every Mile A Memory! Bali, Indonesia-3.jpg
Every Mile A Memory! Bali, Indonesia-4.jpg
Every Mile A Memory! Bali, Indonesia-5.jpg
Every Mile A Memory! Bali, Indonesia-6.jpg
Every Mile A Memory! Bali, Indonesia-7.jpg
Every Mile A Memory! Bali, Indonesia-8.jpg
Every Mile A Memory! Bali, Indonesia-9.jpg
Every Mile A Memory! Bali, Indonesia-10.jpg

This was the last day and I had requested earlier night to get the breakfast be ready by 7:15AM, we finished our breakfast and we checked out at around 7:45AM. Made was already waiting for us to drop to the airport. We left for the airport and reached there by 9:30AM. We boarded our flight and reached Bangkok by 3:30PM. We had transit time of 5 hours, but the flight was delayed by one hour. We reached Namma Bengaluru by 11:15PM and the journey was uneventful.
What we loved so much about our time in Bali is that the two portions of the trip felt like completely different vacations. Everything about Bali excited me, the nature, people, culture, and the watersports. This is a perfect destination for those who are looking for a change from the usual life.

Here are few pictures,

Every Mile A Memory! Bali, Indonesia-11.jpg
Every Mile A Memory! Bali, Indonesia-12.jpg
Every Mile A Memory! Bali, Indonesia-13.jpg
Every Mile A Memory! Bali, Indonesia-14.jpg
Every Mile A Memory! Bali, Indonesia-15.jpg
Every Mile A Memory! Bali, Indonesia-16.jpg
Every Mile A Memory! Bali, Indonesia-17.jpg
Bali is a destination not to be missed!

The only place I missed visiting is ulun danu bratan temple.

Every Mile A Memory! Bali, Indonesia-21.jpg
Every Mile A Memory! Bali, Indonesia-22.jpg
Photo courtesy: - Sandesh

I have covered only 40~45% of Bali. So there is still lots to be explored in Bali.

Made was very helpful, a very trustable person. He is very flexible driver and suggests you many other places and also guides you in all aspects, for your basic needs in Bali.
Made Buda Astawa: - +62 878-6329-4390
E-mail: - budaastawa11@yahoo.com
Vehicle: - Toyota Avanza

Every Mile A Memory! Bali, Indonesia-19.jpg
With Made

I hired him 3 days for $35/day, and paid 1,25,000 for airport pick up, and paid 3,00,000 for airport drop

I would like to thank Sandesh and his wife Kavya, I got many inputs from him in planning the trip. We both discussed many things and finalized the itinerary.

Every Mile A Memory! Bali, Indonesia-23.jpg

Deeksha, I would thank you for everything you have done for me. You are not just my companion, you are my inspiration. You guided me in the entire planning process and your inputs came just at the right time. Actually I need to appreciate for your efforts in finalizing the places to visit in Bali. The whole Travelogue is solely dedicated to you my Love.

Every Mile A Memory! Bali, Indonesia-18.jpg

References:
https://www.bali.com/

About self driven cars, scooters please refer the below link,
http://www.brendansadventures.com/ho...ooter-in-bali/

One needs to have a International driving license/permit to drive a car/scooter.

Last edited by abhayankara : 23rd February 2017 at 15:29. Reason: Typo
abhayankara is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2017, 16:17   #22
BHPian

Congratulations on your wedding!!! You seem to have covered every aspect of your travel in great detail and with appropriate photos. It will be a useful guide for future travelers to refer. I am planning a trip to Bali sometime later this year. I am sure this travelogue will help with that. Thanks in advance!!
sukhoi30 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2017, 13:20   #23

First of congratulations on your wedding. I truly appreciate the time and effort you have put to write this amazing travelogue. The last thing one does during honeymoon is to prepare for writing such a monumental task. My parents lived in Indonesia for 25 years and I have practically spent a lot of time there. Great going man.
Old 19th May 2017, 14:28   #24
BHPian

Congrats Abhay!

This is an extremely useful guide. I am using it as a reference to plan my trip to Bali too and will contact Made myself too.

Thank you for this

P.s. - how was the flight? I have heard that Air Asia is not that great. Did you try Malindo Airlines?
dhruvwali is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2017, 11:55   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvwali View Post
Congrats Abhay!

This is an extremely useful guide. I am using it as a reference to plan my trip to Bali too and will contact Made myself too.

Thank you for this

P.s. - how was the flight? I have heard that Air Asia is not that great. Did you try Malindo Airlines?
Hi dhruvwali,

Try to avoid Air Asia, I personally was not comfortable travelling by Air Asia. The leg space was very less. I have not travelled in Malindo so cannot comment on that.

Made is very good driver and helps you taking to lots of places. I paid him $ 35 per day. Ping me if anything more information required regarding lodging.

Thanks,
Madhusudan
abhayankara is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2017, 13:10   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhayankara View Post
Hi dhruvwali,

Try to avoid Air Asia, I personally was not comfortable travelling by Air Asia. The leg space was very less. I have not travelled in Malindo so cannot comment on that.

Made is very good driver and helps you taking to lots of places. I paid him $ 35 per day. Ping me if anything more information required regarding lodging.

Thanks,
Madhusudan
Thanks man, yes I have started whatsapping with Made.

I will share my itinerary soon, let me know you thoughts on it, what would you like to add/remove in the plan. Considering you have visited the place already and have a fair idea of the place.
Old 26th June 2017, 08:16   #27
BHPian

Superb travelogue Abhyankara. Hats off to you. I enjoyed reading it and the pictures also gave me a good idea of what to expect in Bali. I recommend this travelogue to my friends who are planning on traveling to Bali for vacation. Thanks Madhav
maddyoni10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2017, 02:10   #28
BHPian

Need help planning a trip to Bali

I am planning a trip to bali in end of November which would be about 5 days.

Hope members who have been to Bali would be able to help me plan it out.

First of all , the flight ticket that i am getting would be from two different airlines with a changeover in Singapore. Would this require a transit visa at Singapore?

Also , which part of Bali would be most suitable to stay, so it is easier for the daily travel and we do not end up spending a lot of time in travelling to various places of interest. Any recommendations on hotels or homestays.

And which are the must visit places that can be covered in five days.

Last edited by rishab.k : 3rd November 2017 at 02:16.
Old 3rd November 2017, 02:26   #29
Senior - BHPian

Re: Need help planning a trip to Bali

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishab.k View Post
I am planning a trip to bali in end of November which would be about 5 days.
Just in case you missed it, have a look at > (Every Mile A Memory! Bali, Indonesia)
, a travelogue that could answer a lot of your questions.
dailydriver is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2017, 22:53   #30
BHPian

Re: Need help planning a trip to Bali

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
Just in case you missed it, have a look at > (Every Mile A Memory! Bali, Indonesia)
, a travelogue that could answer a lot of your questions.
Thanks daily driver. That does answer a lot of questions.

I am still not clear whether a change over flight at Singapore would require a transit visa.
rishab.k is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks