Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2016, 12:45   #16
BHPian

Re: A day-trip: Baramotichi Vihir, Kaas Lake & Shivsagar Lake, Bamnoli

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Even I searched on Google maps first and could locate it over there. However these maps can be deceptive at times. Hence better to rely on local villagers for the exact directions. It is just 3.2 kms from the highway, whereas the map showed me a distance of about 10 kms. The below map, shows the exact route that we took. Once you cross the Gaurishankar Institute of Management Sciences and Engg Colleges (on right hand side), get down on the service road. Look out for the small road to left to the village called Nagewadi. Keep going straight until you come to Chaturbet. You get the one and only signboard (marked in red color on a tin shed), turn right from here. Keep going straight for 200 meters (on the left you have sugarcane fields and on right there is a dry canal. Then take a right, crossing the canal, keep going straight for another 200 mtrs. At a junction take left and within 50 meters you reach the destination.

I have marked the major milestones in the map below
Dear AutoIndian,

I will 'try' to start on my writeups ASAP.

Thanks for the road guide. I have already sent a link to your travelogue to my wife. She has passed the visit! Yeah!! Now to fix a date. If you are interested in making a second visit, then please let me know. If any of the TBHP members in Pune are also interested, we can make a plan accordingly.

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2017, 11:16   #17
Senior - BHPian

Hi AutoIndian,

I'm thinking of a Sajjangad/Thosegarh or Kaas/Bamnoli trip tomorrow. Plan to start at 6 AM from Pune and have to return by 4 PM. Do you think both these places are doable in this time? Or would it be better to keep one of them for later? Also, if you know, please do advise which one would be less crowded

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 16th August 2017, 11:42   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Hi AutoIndian,

I'm thinking of a Sajjangad/Thosegarh or Kaas/Bamnoli trip tomorrow. Plan to start at 6 AM from Pune and have to return by 4 PM. Do you think both these places are doable in this time?
Quite doable in a day, especially on a weekday(less visitors/less traffic). Visit Kaas/Bamnoli first in morning, come back to visit Thosegar.
sukiwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2017, 12:11   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
Quite doable in a day, especially on a weekday(less visitors/less traffic). Visit Kaas/Bamnoli first in morning, come back to visit Thosegar.
Saheb, tomorrow is a bank & state govt. holiday due to Pateti, so there might be little bit of a crowd, one never knows Anyway, will start with Sajjangad and then take a call about the further itinerary.

Regards,
Vikram

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks