Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2016, 00:26   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: An extraterrestrial lookout: 4000 miles through the Canyons & Deserts of USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
But why a Benz? I personally feel it would be more appropriate to drive an imposing American Iron in the land of the cowboys. A low rider like Ford Mustang or Chevy Camaro or a truck like GMC Sierra Denali / Dodge Ram / F150 would have been more apt, IMO.
I wanted to take a bright yellow/red Mustang but was short of Vitamin-M as it's very difficult to get more allowance from the budget set aside by the home minister for the drive . Even after stretching the budget, I could afford only a C300. Got a very good deal for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by studentonwheels View Post
I bet it must have been blazing hot now, given it was 70 degrees give or take in mid March.
It was not that hot as expected. The peak summer had passed and the weather was bit pleasant. We should have visited Death Valley in the beginning and temperatures at these places would have appeared as winter.
Old 1st October 2016, 07:32   #62
BHPian

Re: An extraterrestrial lookout: 4000 miles through the Canyons & Deserts of USA

I know it is very bad to hijack someones thread , but I couldn't resist posting few pics of my 1600 miles solo trip

I really cant write beautiful write ups as fellow members , the least I can do is upload few pics
Attached Thumbnails
An extraterrestrial lookout: 4000 miles through the Canyons & Deserts of USA-img_0762.jpg  

An extraterrestrial lookout: 4000 miles through the Canyons & Deserts of USA-72.png  

An extraterrestrial lookout: 4000 miles through the Canyons & Deserts of USA-73.png  

rahulskumar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th October 2016, 19:16   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post

Aliens spotted taking a selfie with their spaceship at Extraterrestrial highway
Ha Ha, Nice punch line!
Wonderful photos, though the miles and miles of straight highway looks a tad boring to drive! Maybe it is my jealousy speaking, but out here in India, we don't have too many such long drives which are practically deserted and so well maintained!

Are there tolls for driving in these roads ? Just curious - Who maintains these so immaculately!
haria is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2016, 01:19   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haria View Post
Are there tolls for driving in these roads ? Just curious - Who maintains these so immaculately!
I had to mention about this important point but completely forgot about it. There were absolutely no tolls for any of these roads. The only amount we spent on road was the entrance fees for National parks. It's quite opposite to what we experince on East Coast - pay through the nose for cluttered highways

Last edited by guyfrmblr : 10th October 2016 at 01:22.
guyfrmblr is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks