Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2016, 10:18   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nempuguru View Post
Informative, well compiled log with equally good photographs.
Thank you, Nempuguru.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joelchandra View Post
......check if doing Srinagar-Leh-Srinagar between 4th Oct - 10th Oct is doable.
My take is that it would be open, but there are regular updates on road status, which should be seen. The srinagar - leh sector is mostly metalled now, except for a patch near Zojila pass. You would get details here

One suggesstion: why come back to Srinagar? Come back via the Manali route which is also very beautiful and would allow you to see some must do sights on the way. We could not do it since we had to meet some one on the way back at Srinagar, and it has been a source of regret. On the positive side, it is an opportunity to visit again!

Last edited by SDP : 5th August 2016 at 18:12. Reason: Merging back to back posts
earthian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2016, 10:46   #32
BHPian

Re: Lost Horizon - Ladakh

Awesome travelogue bro. Very well written and the pics were amazing to say the least. Brought back memories of my road trip last year. Thanks again for sharing.
sami316 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2016, 00:03   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthian View Post

One suggesstion: why come back to Srinagar? Come back via the Manali route which is also very beautiful and would allow you to see some must do sights on the way. We could not do it since we had to meet some one on the way back at Srinagar, and it has been a source of regret. On the positive side, it is an opportunity to visit again!
I would love to come back via Manali, however heard that it's not doable during that time. Do you think I can come back from Manali in my Innova Crysta, which is not a 4WD?
Old 20th August 2016, 14:48   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sami316 View Post
Awesome travelogue bro. Very well written and the pics were amazing to say the least.
Thank you, Sami. Glad that you enjoyed it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joelchandra View Post
Do you think I can come back from Manali in my Innova Crysta, which is not a 4WD?
I guess. Most of the vehicles plying (taxis) are 2WD.
earthian is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks