Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2016, 23:28   #31
BHPian

Re: Malari Tales: Footloose in the Garhwal Himalayas

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJD@NewDelhi View Post
Wonderful Sir !! I too have that guilty feeling when I travel places but don't share the experience in forums such as this which has taught me how to travel. Anyways, it would be great to read about your experience in the char dham yatra, please keep us updated. As for me, Yamunotri is still pending :(

As to your questions:
1. Bare minimum spares including a clutch wire, race/ brake wire, spark plug, chain lube and the puncture repair kit.

2. While travelling to Uttarakhand, no. Because UK has fuel depots at nearly all places though quality may be compromised at remote places like Joshimath/ Sonprayag, etc. While traveling to Ladakh region, yes. In two 2L coke bottles and a 5L gallon.
Thanks alot mate for replying. It really feels nice to get connected with like minded travel enthusiasts like you and a big thanks goes to Team BHP, which has made this possible. I would surely share the char dham trip experience. Your photographs from the Satopanth trek are great and they speak volumes about the adventure and thrill which you must have experienced during trekking. Please share more of them. Eager to read more on your travelling experiences. Wish you safe and pleasant driving experience all through. Keep posting.

GODSPEED
ssambyal1980 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2016, 00:21   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssambyal1980 View Post
Thanks alot mate for replying. It really feels nice to get connected with like minded travel enthusiasts like you and a big thanks goes to Team BHP, which has made this possible. I would surely share the char dham trip experience. Your photographs from the Satopanth trek are great and they speak volumes about the adventure and thrill which you must have experienced during trekking. Please share more of them. Eager to read more on your travelling experiences. Wish you safe and pleasant driving experience all through. Keep posting.

GODSPEED
Same here man, same here Absolute pleasure sharing stories with like minded people. As to more pics, here you go

Malari Tales: Footloose in the Garhwal Himalayas-satopant21.jpg

Malari Tales: Footloose in the Garhwal Himalayas-img_20160523_162027.jpg

Malari Tales: Footloose in the Garhwal Himalayas-img_20160523_162007.jpg

Malari Tales: Footloose in the Garhwal Himalayas-img_20160523_161802.jpg

Malari Tales: Footloose in the Garhwal Himalayas-img_20160523_161927.jpg

Malari Tales: Footloose in the Garhwal Himalayas-img_20160523_155954.jpg

Malari Tales: Footloose in the Garhwal Himalayas-img_20160523_160105.jpg

Malari Tales: Footloose in the Garhwal Himalayas-img_20160523_160206.jpg

Malari Tales: Footloose in the Garhwal Himalayas-img_20160523_155612.jpg

Malari Tales: Footloose in the Garhwal Himalayas-img_20160523_160441.jpg

Last edited by Rehaan : 3rd June 2016 at 11:13. Reason: Removing duplicate pics
SJD@NewDelhi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2016, 17:01   #33
BHPian

I have to admit, when I started reading this log, I got a feeling as if you are another wannabe traveler. But boy was I wrong. I am glad and thankful to you for sharing such an awesome experience. A very vivid tlog that kept me glued till the end. The story just got elevated to a different level once you started to trek on foot. You have the true blue wanderlust.
jaunthead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2016, 18:13   #34

Stunning pics Suraj! Planning a road trip too, might do Bangalore to Manali

Like you said, for most of us , it is the fear of the unknown that kills us. We just need to break free!!!!
Lijesh88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2016, 21:44   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaunthead View Post
I have to admit, when I started reading this log, I got a feeling as if you are another wannabe traveler. But boy was I wrong. I am glad and thankful to you for sharing such an awesome experience. A very vivid tlog that kept me glued till the end. The story just got elevated to a different level once you started to trek on foot. You have the true blue wanderlust.
Ha-ha, I am glad that you feel that way. Anyways, TBhp has quiet a few filters in place to prevent Facebook bikers from entering this hallowed grounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lijesh88 View Post
Stunning pics Suraj! Planning a road trip too, might do Bangalore to Manali

Like you said, for most of us , it is the fear of the unknown that kills us. We just need to break free!!!!
Thnx Lijesh. Bangalore and Manali sounds cool...quiet daring !! Unfortunately, other then the North and the North East, I haven't ridden to anywhere much in India. But once the Himalayan belt is done to heart's content, the next thing in the bucket list is down south.

As to the fear of the unknown, can anything be more apt then the lines quoted by barcalad from Tagore's?

Cya
Suraj

Last edited by SJD@NewDelhi : 3rd June 2016 at 21:45.
Old 3rd June 2016, 23:23   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJD@NewDelhi View Post
Same here man, same here Absolute pleasure sharing stories with like minded people. As to more pics, here you go
Simply awesome!!! The freezing dip in the Satopanth Lake must have been quite rejuvenating. As usual it's nice to see the good old maggi coming to the rescue of solitude seekers in the unknown territories.
ssambyal1980 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2016, 01:30   #37
BHPian

Hey SJD, you are a brave soul mate, a class apart. You will not believ I read your post last month and was not sure what should I say at such a brave attempt made by you. There have been people who go for trekking in groups but you are just awesome mate. How did you manage to stay all night in a dark deserted place with no light and bed and spend entire night even after the rat scare. Hats off to you. Your travelogue is a class apart, from all the travelogue that I have read so far, also the pictures are simply superb. Keep this spirit brother. Enjoy your life and give people like us who are stuck in high pressure jobs such nice travelogue to cheer ourselves up.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks