Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2016, 19:14   #31
BHPian

Re: The hidden paradise with splendid beauty and sparkling lakes – Western Arunachal

I just finished reading National Geographic, Jan special edition on Arunachal. Seems like you have all the stuff to make a great travelogue in the wilderness. Just great pics of those blue lakes. Congratulations and do keep it up.
DrVjy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2016, 22:21   #32
BHPian

Re: The hidden paradise with splendid beauty and sparkling lakes – Western Arunachal

I could not believe that my first travelogue got so many applauds. Thanks to each and everyone for your appreciation. Hope to greet you with more travelogue in future.

We were lucky that we had a chance to enjoy such comeliness of nature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Excellent Travelogue Pointzero. You have captured the place really well and it looks really mesmerizing
Arunachal Pradesh and Eastern India is on top of my next must visit bucket list
Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
Excellent Travelogue! Thanks for giving us a Detailed View of Arunachal Pradesh. I hope this thread will now, guide many others like me, to plan an itinerary for this Paradise on Earth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
This is one hell of a travelogue! Loads of lovely pictures and superb attention to details! Honestly speaking am commenting before i have finished reading the whole travelogue! Though I will finish reading it soon! I have just gone through 50% of it and am really amazed. Rated a well deserved 5*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadilicious View Post
That is simply splendid. Pictures say a lot, don't they. Every state in India has tremendous tourism potential and thanks our people that we are unable to explore it. Well that is a different discussion. Loved your vehicle and your snapshots.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouraC View Post
Welcome to Team BHP PointZero and What a Travelogue to start with. It’s a common saying that "A picture is worth a thousand words" and I hope that anyone going through your Travelogue will agree to that. Wow what Pictures you have taken and it seems like a story in itself. As we came to know you in the winter meet and also know that there are more TLs coming our way, we can only sit back and relax while waiting for them. Now After going through the 4th elaborate Travelogue on northeast I am feeling the urge to complete mine in the near future.
I also have the same desire to pay a visit to the place in winters. Winter itself lure me to cold places and I am sure Arunachal will be an awesome place to enjoy the chilling weather as I have seen so many pictures of snow covered Arunachal from different travelogue. I am working on Zuluk TL. Hopefully it will be completed soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
First of all welcome to team bhp and congratulations on your first travelogue. It is an excellent travelogue and the pictures are awesome, rated 5 stars. The weather that you guys got is completely different from what we got. We must visit Arunachal during this time of the year as well. It is nostalgic to see the same places that we have been and gives a feeling of deja vu.
Woodland restaurant is the best restaurant in Tawang and its owner Dechen Hrider is a good friend of mine. Now that you have written the Arunachal travelogue, it is time for us to wait for the Bhutan and Zuluk travelogues

I must say it is a must visit place in North East India. My Bolero is RWD only. I had read that the road to Bumla is a 4WD territory, but I did not face any problem. Only one stretch just 3-4 KM before Bumla was tough but Bolero did the job very well. I believe this stretch will be a bit difficult during monsoon (I went in October) but not like Sandakphu which is probably impossible with 2WD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
Wonderful travelogue and equally beautiful photographs!
You have successfully initiated the "yet - another - road - trip" itch within me

One query: Was your Bolero a four wheel drive? In other words, do you feel 4x4 is required to traverse these terrains ? (With ref to some of your pics on way to Bumla et al)
I will upload the google map soon for your reference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthian View Post
Excellent narration and pictures. My resolve to do the NE just firmed up. One request: Could you upload a google map showing your route and destinations? It would help people like me understand it better. Thanks.
Hi, Yes you are correct, I went to the meet but came back from Azad Hind Dhaba.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Panda View Post
Hi PointZero, excellent travelogue and wonderful photographs. I must say you have covered pretty long distance in this trip.
BTW, did you attend the Gadiara winter meet? I think I saw you there. Correct me if I am wrong. And apologies for not introducing myself.
Thanks a lot for you appreciation. BTW I chose NH34 while returning from my recent East Sikkim trip (Dec-2015) and the road condition was pretty good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi2n View Post
Now, where's that "Rate 10*" button? Exemplary travelogue! Each of your pictures do speak the proverbial thousand words. I'm overwhelmed really. NH-34 might have it's gremlins, but the destinations it leads to compensates for all the troubles and then some more.

I definitely need to learn the art of traveling from the likes of you. Reading the travelogues here, I wonder how come Bhpians manage to take so many photos and log such details while driving! A few hours into the drive and I often start getting too conscious of reaching the destination failing to truly live the journey.

Congratulations and thank you for sharing your experience in such a befitting manner.

I would love to see your pictures. I am dying to visit the same places in winter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
Excellent travellogue and pictures. You want to come back and experience it in again in winters, eh? If you will allow me I shall hunt out the winter snow pictures of all the places from my own trip and post a few of them here. Some of the pictures are exactly the same as yours but completely white.
that is the reason that I love my car so much. I feel like my car drives me to its own favorite terrain instead of me driving it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delix View Post
What a travelogue! One of the very few detailed and well written travelogues , I have come across in recent years. The photographs are great as well. Bolero is a very sorted out vehicle and is built to reign over terrains like these. Your travelogue is a guide for budding travellers/explorers like us who dream to conquer similar terrains some day in their life. A double thumbs up for the machine. Look forward to your other travelogues which I am sure are around the corner.
And really feeling very rejoiced to have compliment like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrVjy View Post
I just finished reading National Geographic, Jan special edition on Arunachal. Seems like you have all the stuff to make a great travelogue in the wilderness. Just great pics of those blue lakes. Congratulations and do keep it up.
Mod Note: Please Keep Smilie Count Under 2

Last edited by ampere : 5th February 2016 at 22:28. Reason: Formatted Post; Reduced Smilie Count
PointZero is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2016, 11:45   #33
BHPian

Route Maps.

The hidden paradise with splendid beauty and sparkling lakes – Western Arunachal-day_01.jpg
Day -01 / Day 11

The hidden paradise with splendid beauty and sparkling lakes – Western Arunachal-day_02.jpg
Day 2 / Day 10

The hidden paradise with splendid beauty and sparkling lakes – Western Arunachal-day_03.jpg
Day 3/ Day 9

The hidden paradise with splendid beauty and sparkling lakes – Western Arunachal-day_04.jpg
Day 4/ Day 8

The hidden paradise with splendid beauty and sparkling lakes – Western Arunachal-bumla.jpg
Day 5 & Repeat Day 6

The hidden paradise with splendid beauty and sparkling lakes – Western Arunachal-jemithang.jpg
Day 7
PointZero is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th February 2016, 10:46   #34
BHPian

First of all, a big welcome to the community!

The travelogue, with some exceptional pictures of the hidden gems of Himalayas, truly deserves a 5* rating.

Places like Arunachal are very less covered in this forum, apart from some travelogues by SS-Traveller, BlackPearl, J.Ravi, adc (is there any travelogue from him?) etc. Your travelogue adds to the informational value about this place and the condition of roads which every BHPian craves for.

A big from my side. And waiting for your Zuluk story.
gearhead_mait is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2016, 19:21   #35
Senior - BHPian

The winter pictures. Can you identify the places?

Dont know why the three images are coming skewed. They look perfect on the desktop.
Picture 1 is Y junction, obviously.
Picture 2 is Bum La
Picture 3 is Bum La
Picture 4 is the road by PT Tso.
Attached Thumbnails
The hidden paradise with splendid beauty and sparkling lakes – Western Arunachal-img_2159.jpg  

The hidden paradise with splendid beauty and sparkling lakes – Western Arunachal-img_2088.jpg  

The hidden paradise with splendid beauty and sparkling lakes – Western Arunachal-img_2118.jpg  

The hidden paradise with splendid beauty and sparkling lakes – Western Arunachal-img_2252.jpg  

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 16th February 2016 at 20:39. Reason: Rotated images and uploaded.
wanderernomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2016, 13:09   #36
BHPian

A lovely travelogue with some excellent photographs indeed. The timing of your travelogue with the Auto Expo, delayed my reading this. But, each post was a pleasure reading through. A friend of mine, and me, have been planning a visit to the seven sisters for over 3 years now, and it's travelogues like these that just enthuse us to really give it a go, no matter the obstacles.
I have feeling this item on the bucket list will be ticked of soon.. very soon

And yes, before I forget, the Bolero looks totally at home in the hills! Nothing like a dust covered, unwashed, well used SUV, is there?
AshyRocks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2016, 22:54   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead_mait View Post
First of all, a big welcome to the community!

The travelogue, with some exceptional pictures of the hidden gems of Himalayas, truly deserves a 5* rating.

Places like Arunachal are very less covered in this forum, apart from some travelogues by SS-Traveller, BlackPearl, J.Ravi, adc (is there any travelogue from him?) etc. Your travelogue adds to the informational value about this place and the condition of roads which every BHPian craves for.

A big from my side. And waiting for your Zuluk story.
Thanks for the compliment. Yes ADC also has a travelogue here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...eri-assam.html

And My Zuluk Story has been completed and uploaded here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ilk-route.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshyRocks View Post
A lovely travelogue with some excellent photographs indeed. The timing of your travelogue with the Auto Expo, delayed my reading this. But, each post was a pleasure reading through. A friend of mine, and me, have been planning a visit to the seven sisters for over 3 years now, and it's travelogues like these that just enthuse us to really give it a go, no matter the obstacles.
I have feeling this item on the bucket list will be ticked of soon.. very soon

And yes, before I forget, the Bolero looks totally at home in the hills! Nothing like a dust covered, unwashed, well used SUV, is there?
You are right, that is the reason I chose Bolero for touring. I feel very comfortable to take the Bolero to any terrain as all the parts are easily available in all the places.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
The winter pictures. Can you identify the places?

Dont know why the three images are coming skewed. They look perfect on the desktop.
Picture 1 is Y junction, obviously.
Picture 2 is Bum La
Picture 3 is Bum La
Picture 4 is the road by PT Tso.
The pictures are superb. All the places have different beauty at different seasons. And truly speaking I have been able to identify Bumla and Y Junction but PTSO lake is totally different from what I have seen.

thanks for sharing the pictures.
Old 16th February 2016, 16:18   #38
BHPian

Hi PointZero, can you provide us with the approx expense for fuel, food and stay?
Red Panda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2016, 18:27   #39
BHPian

Hi Red Panda,

I have provided the details of Hotel in daily log details.
I took the hotels between Rs. 1000-1200/- per day for double bed room.

We were four people and total expenses was around 62K.
16000/- for Fuel and toll.
18000/- for Hotel.
Car Washing and Service - 4000/- (You can exclude this one)
2 Army rucksack from Army Canteen - 3600/-
2 Jacket from Army Canteen - 1900/-
Rest for food and some gift item.

As we took cooking arrangement with us we save some money there

Regards -
Point Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Panda View Post
Hi PointZero, can you provide us with the approx expense for fuel, food and stay?
PointZero is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2016, 19:29   #40
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PointZero View Post
I must say it is a must visit place in North East India. My Bolero is RWD only. I had read that the road to Bumla is a 4WD territory, but I did not face any problem. Only one stretch just 3-4 KM before Bumla was tough but Bolero did the job very well. I believe this stretch will be a bit difficult during monsoon (I went in October) but not like Sandakphu which is probably impossible with 2WD.
Bumla is not 4WD territory for most part of the year. At the time we went, the ice had started to melt and water flowing over the rocks and pebbles on the road made it treacherous. The 2WD Sumos were not able to traverse the last 3 kms to Bumla. Even our Thar had a tough time as the lightweight rear end was loosing traction very easily.
Sandakphu is a completely different game
BlackPearl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2016, 19:56   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Bumla is not 4WD territory for most part of the year. At the time we went, the ice had started to melt and water flowing over the rocks and pebbles on the road made it treacherous. The 2WD Sumos were not able to traverse the last 3 kms to Bumla. Even our Thar had a tough time as the lightweight rear end was loosing traction very easily.
We plan to go there in March around 15th or so. How would it be then? Ice? Possible with a Santa Fe?
Old 16th February 2016, 21:10   #42
BHPian

Yes, we were lucky to have clear and shining weather. There was no ice neither the road was muddy. But as I said last 3-4 KM will be relay difficult if the weather is not in your favor.

Quote:
Old 16th February 2016, 21:39   #43
BHPian

What an awesome travelogue this is. Great pics and a lot of details for fellow travellers. It's a shame that I've not been able to visit Arunachal despite it being my neighboring state.
TD_GHY is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2016, 22:08   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthian View Post
We plan to go there in March around 15th or so. How would it be then? Ice? Possible with a Santa Fe?
No way in mid march if the current weather continues. The area had snow last week as well and if there is another snow fall you will be hard pressed crossing Sela itself, let alone going beyond PT Tso. My pictures are from March last week and then no private vehicles were allowed to move beyond Maratha Grounds the entire week. We were able to make it to Bumla because we used Army Gypsies with special permissions.

Last edited by wanderernomad : 16th February 2016 at 22:11.
wanderernomad is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th February 2016, 00:02   #45
BHPian

Thanks TD_GHY.

Don't worry. Its never too late, just hit the road and you can make it happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD_GHY View Post
What an awesome travelogue this is. Great pics and a lot of details for fellow travellers. It's a shame that I've not been able to visit Arunachal despite it being my neighboring state.
PointZero is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks