Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2015, 00:12   #46
BHPian

Re: Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata

Great going guys. Seriously amazing write up Samba Da. There is no need to talk about your photography skills, its already quite well known. But you have really penned it down. Wish I could have joined you guys for the trip.
aak91 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2015, 00:27   #47
BHPian

Re: Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata

First, congrats to all the cars and the people who drove them! You've been through some really harsh conditions and came out on top.

I genuinely do not have words to describe how beautiful every single picture in this thread is. It's almost impossible to believe that our own country can look so beautiful.

Oh, and you guys can all put up some amazing profile pictures on Facebook now.
SS8939 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2015, 09:29   #48
BHPian

With everybody showering praises on the team for a trip very well executed, I, too, extend my heartiest congratulations and best regards for a great trip, complete with such vivid details and mesmerising pictures! Although I missed out being a part of the team from Delhi to the full circuit this time, I shall try my best not to miss the next group! :-)
JKDS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2015, 09:56   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
A drive to Ladakh in his own car is a dream for many automobile lovers and travel enthusiasts. We were a part of them. We dreamed to do a Ladakh road trip for the last few years and 2015 finally made our dream come true.
We relived Ladakh through your stunning Frames and your mesmerizing narration. Thank you to the entire group giving back so much to the readers. Hope to meet you and our Kolkata team in person when I visit next time.

Last edited by Arindam_Nayek : 18th September 2015 at 09:58.
Arindam_Nayek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2015, 11:19   #50
BHPian

Brilliant travelogue; and the pictures were absolutely stunning! This piece deserves more than 5 stars! Congratulations to the entire team for this epic road trip. Thanks for all the vivid details.
GhostRider28 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2015, 11:35   #51
BHPian

What a travelogue !!

As I sit in my office, wondering how to pass time, I come across this wonderful trip from Kolkata to Ladakh and back. I shall refrain from using adjectives as many fellow TBhpians have already applauded the travelogue, but I shall definitely praise your photographs.

Three cheers to all the guys to have completed this marvelous road trip to one of the most pristine destinations in India.

Keep the miles rolling.

Btw, your upgraded tires resulted in almost 250kms difference on the Odo readings.
drive2eternity is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th September 2015, 11:57   #52
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by avrendu View Post
Samba has covered the entire journey through his lens and very ably at that. Its like a pictorial story I felt. However, attached are some images from my side which I personally liked. However, they are in no particular order. But I am sure everyone will understand the approximate location

Thanks
Avrendu
Awesome pictures Avrendu. The Thar is looking pure drool material. Here is one picture of JD's Thar from our last year's trip

Sailed through the high passes in Hatchbacks, SUVs & a Sedan - Our Ladakh chapter from Kolkata-28.jpg

Last edited by BlackPearl : 18th September 2015 at 12:06.
BlackPearl is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th September 2015, 12:04   #53
BHPian

This made my day!

The more travelogues I read on Leh/Ladakh, the more I get temped to write one of mine and I know, one day I will!
sidzz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2015, 12:27   #54
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations to the team. Fantastic trip, report and pics. I am going to use this as a template for my trip when I do it - perhaps next year.
Sudipto-S-Team is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2015, 12:36   #55

What an amazing gang of Go Getters..!!. I have read a lot of Travelouges on being Leh'd and each one have their own distinctive approach , your's have been mindblowing too. Congratulations on your spectacular trip.(Dream trip for many). While reading it all this while,it felt as if i was there with you during the journey. Immaculate write up.Rated 5 stars. RESPECT..!!
SuperN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2015, 14:12   #56
BHPian

WOW!!!

The write up is stupendous. The photographs capturing the breath taking views were simply awesome. Congratulation to the entire team. Meticulous planning and orderly execution can only make such a huge trip a successful one and you guys have pulled it off. Most of the BHPIANs have excellent photography skills.

Samba, as your tag line suggests, you had the wheels, you found the way.

BTW, this is my 1st post, got my membership approved yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive2eternity View Post
What a travelogue !!

As I sit in my office, wondering how to pass time, I come across this wonderful trip from Kolkata to Ladakh and back. I shall refrain from using adjectives as many fellow TBhpians have already applauded the travelogue, but I shall definitely praise your photographs.

Three cheers to all the guys to have completed this marvelous road trip to one of the most pristine destinations in India.

Keep the miles rolling.

Btw, your upgraded tires resulted in almost 250kms difference on the Odo readings.
Same here bro, after the festive holiday yesterday, didn't have much work and what better way to spend time rather than reading a TL to Ladakh
Karthik Chandra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th September 2015, 14:20   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Again a lot of thanks to each one of you for your precious comments, it meant a lot to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive2eternity View Post

Previously my car's speedometer and odometer reading had no error, it was always at per with the GPS. Earlier i had 175/65/R14 specification tyres and i upgraded to 185/65/R14. Since then the speedometer started showing about 2-3 percent lesser speed than the actual speed and same is happening with the kilometers covered. So every 100kms my car shows some where around 97kms. Hence for 6,500 kms it showed around 190-200 kms lesser than the actual kilometers covered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arindam_Nayek View Post
We relived Ladakh through your stunning Frames and your mesmerizing narration. Thank you to the entire group giving back so much to the readers. Hope to meet you and our Kolkata team in person when I visit next time.
Sure, we will be glad to meet you too. Just PM any of us before you plan to visit Kolkata.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Awesome pictures Avrendu. The Thar is looking pure drool material. Here is one picture of JD's Thar from our last year's trip
Yes, the Thar is definitely looking awesome. No second thoughts on that. Hoping to see another drool pic of a white Thar soon in a similar location!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post

Samba, as your tag line suggests, you had the wheels, you found the way.

BTW, this is my 1st post, got my membership approved yesterday
Thanks and welcome to Team Bhp. Wish you an awesome stay over here.

Last edited by Samba : 18th September 2015 at 14:36.
Samba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2015, 15:12   #58
BHPian

Now, That's one hell of a travelogue ! Couldn't resist the urge to read in one go. The pictures speak for themselves (have run out of adjectives)! Congratulation guys ! Rated 5 stars.

Mods, please have a look at attachments uploaded by AJ-got-BHP
(unable to open/download).
anupams is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2015, 15:27   #59
BHPian

Wow! Looks like you all had an amazing time. I am so jealous! If there is anyone else planning to do something similar, please do contact me.

The pictures of the mountains in different colors and the night time shots are stunning. Glad you all enjoyed it. Congrats on conquering the mountains!
Mad Max is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2015, 19:32   #60
Senior - BHPian

many congratulations gentlemen & ladies ! wonderful, wonderful pictures and an equally immersive narration.

simply brilliant !
arjab is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks