Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2015, 22:18   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bison chronicles: A 3000 kms dash to the Satpuras

Quote:
Originally Posted by SajiNSalin View Post
Nilanjan,

I am off to Kanha on April 3rd. Booked the morning safari from Sarhi gate. This is my first time in Kanha and I will be staying in Baghira Log Huts.

How far is this gate from Baghira Log Huts and would you recommend any Gypsy drivers?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide.

But do keep the travelogues coming, yours are some of the best in Team BHP, but we have to wait for the story to end!

Where to next, Nilanjan? A long weekend coming up from April 2nd to 6th!.

Regards

Saji
Kisli gate is 200m from Baghira, but nowadays you have to go to the Khatia gate (3 km) to make your entries and then come back again to Kisli gate. If you get picked up by your gypsy, go to Khatia and come back again, you will lose 20 -25 mins. If you drive to Khatia and park your vehicle, you can save some time.

No preferred drivers. You can go to the vehicle counter in Khatia (40 feet from the tourism counter) and book your vehicle + driver. One has to pay Rs. 200-300 extra if you reserve a driver (lubrication money).

I am restless for another tiger roadtrip in April. Not getting safari tickets :-(

Tadoba, Bandhavgarh and Kanha in the shortlist.

Last edited by nilanjanray : 24th March 2015 at 22:20.
Old 24th April 2015, 18:18   #32
BHPian

Re: Bison chronicles: A 3000 kms dash to the Satpuras

Awesome photographs and excellent writeup. Only snap missed is that of your Bison! I follow your other wonderful thread too, on ownership experience. Wishing you loads of happy and safe driving.
Old 11th May 2015, 20:27   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOINGPOING View Post
Awesome photographs and excellent writeup. Only snap missed is that of your Bison! I follow your other wonderful thread too, on ownership experience. Wishing you loads of happy and safe driving.
I did one more trip to Satpuras after this drive.

This one was all about leopards

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks