Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2014, 20:27   #16
BHPian

Re: Story of the little piece of Bali in our hearts!

We were in Bali last week. We split our stay between Seminyak and Ubud. Two totally different experiences. And yes, we also rented a Toyota Avanza! It seems like the whole country runs on Avanza and the whole South East Asia runs on Toyota!
Old 4th November 2014, 22:28   #17
Senior - BHPian

Excellent pics
I was in Bali for a week in the month of August this year.

Being from Goa I thought I would 'feel at home' in Bali however there are lot of places to explore.

From the pics I see that you missed quiet a few places.

Currency converter App. is handy when you deal in Indonesian Rupiah
Look at the value!
Attached Thumbnails
Story of the little piece of Bali in our hearts!-20140806_160011.jpg  

Old 6th November 2014, 15:09   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
Bali in more ways than one seems so similar to India - culturally as well as geographically. I must confess that I didn't have much info about Bali, hence your travelogue proved quite insightful for me. Thanks for sharing

I remember a similar story about a village near Banaras which my friend was telling me about - no house had a latch/ lock on their main door and were 24x7 left unlock. Apparently, their ideology was to welcome the gods and goddesses to their house at all times.
Thanks a lot for reading the post

True, Bali is very similar to our country as far as culture is concerned. But having developed independently for centuries, it has departed in many ways from ours.
Geographicaly, the place is quite similar to the malabar/konkan coastal belt, with beaches and mountains dominating the land scape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by troublemaker View Post
We were in Bali last week. We split our stay between Seminyak and Ubud. Two totally different experiences. And yes, we also rented a Toyota Avanza! It seems like the whole country runs on Avanza and the whole South East Asia runs on Toyota!
, the avanza is what you see everywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senna4Ever View Post
Well rahulsukesan,

Definitely a nice travelogue! This has refreshed memories of my visit to the island, about 7 years ago with the family.I remember we had rented a Suzuki Wagon-R to go about.

Kuta beach is THE best beach I have ever been to in my entire life.

And to anyone who is thinking about going there, or living in S'pore or Malaysia or anywhere nearby, I would highly recommend a visit to the place.
Thanks for reading Senna4Ever. Bali is really amazing. It is the depth of culture that makes it so much different from places like Phuket, to which Bali is mostly compared to. I feel Bali is so much similar to Kerala in , you know beautiful landscaps with a dash of dance, musci and the arts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by embee View Post
Hi rahulsukesan,

Thanks for providing lovely insights about Bali, Indonesia. Make me want to go there for a vacation. The pictures that you have posted are quite detailed.

Also let us know more about your driving experience in Indonesia in your rented "Toyota Avanza".

Thanks.
Thanks embee!

In the main highways, driving is quite difficult as the roads are small and very crowded.

But once you get deeper inside, it is much better as the traffic volume drops drastically, much like in India.

In general roads are well maintained and in much better shape compared to india.

Google Nav also is quite accurate and useful.

Please get in touch with me if you have any more (specific) querries.

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 7th November 2014 at 15:29. Reason: Merging back to back posts
Old 7th November 2014, 23:06   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
Excellent pics
I was in Bali for a week in the month of August this year.

Being from Goa I thought I would 'feel at home' in Bali however there are lot of places to explore.

From the pics I see that you missed quiet a few places.

Currency converter App. is handy when you deal in Indonesian Rupiah
Look at the value!
Thanks HammerHead!
Yea we missed a lot of places so already started planning for a longer trip.In fact it is difficult to cover up Bali in a week,I feel.
We too have a similar picture :P
Story of the little piece of Bali in our hearts!-1555433_4679212475644_9123942294568994164_n.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulsukesan View Post
Thanks a lot for reading the post

True, Bali is very similar to our country as far as culture is concerned. But having developed independently for centuries, it has departed in many ways from ours.
Geographicaly, the place is quite similar to the malabar/konkan coastal belt, with beaches and mountains dominating the land scape.

, the avanza is what you see everywhere.

Thanks for reading Senna4Ever. Bali is really amazing. It is the depth of culture that makes it so much different from places like Phuket, to which Bali is mostly compared to. I feel Bali is so much similar to Kerala in , you know beautiful landscaps with a dash of dance, musci and the arts!

Thanks embee!

In the main highways, driving is quite difficult as the roads are small and very crowded.

But once you get deeper inside, it is much better as the traffic volume drops drastically, much like in India.

In general roads are well maintained and in much better shape compared to india.

Google Nav also is quite accurate and useful.

Please get in touch with me if you have any more (specific) querries.

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.
rahulsukesan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2014, 12:01   #20
BHPian

Thanks for the very nice review. Looks like a fun place to visit. Loved the picture of the volcano.

Can you please share some details of the trip booking (where you booked the vehicle, for example) and cost as well?

Thanks!
Old 11th November 2014, 21:58   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Thanks for the very nice review. Looks like a fun place to visit. Loved the picture of the volcano.

Can you please share some details of the trip booking (where you booked the vehicle, for example) and cost as well?

Thanks!
Hi Mad Max, for car rental we contacted bestbalicarrental, the email id is: info@bestbalicarrental.com.

I got the best rate from them and the service was also decent. The condition of the car was acceptable as well. But then you don't expect a Toyota to breakdown as well!!
My Cost:

4.7 days of Toyota Avanza (M/T) self drive package:
4.7 days x IDR 260,000 =
--------------------------------------------------
Sub total = IDR 1,222,000
Discount = IDR 188,000 (-)
--------------------------------------------------
Grand total = IDR 1,034,000

Make sure u fill up the car from the Petrol Bunk in the airport itself!!

As far as trip planning is concerned, it was completely on the fly. Suggest you get some good reference book to guide you. The Linda Hoffman book we had was great , but possibly difficult to find in India.I got it from Singapore.

If you PM your contact details, maybe we can discuss in detail.
Old 30th April 2016, 18:48   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulsukesan View Post
Hi Mad Max, for car rental we contacted bestbalicarrental, the email id is: info@bestbalicarrental.com.
What about the driving license ? Did you go prepared with a International license. Any idea if an Indian license would do?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks