Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2014, 15:48   #46
BHPian

Re: Kashmir - A Traveller's Paradise!

Excellent travelogue brother. The way the descriptions have been given to the way the pictures have been clicked everything is just mesmerising. The icing on the cake is that you've got a decent savings done too thanks to that bargaining skill of yours. Wish I could've had some of those bargaining skills. And that part where you've narrated about that innova guy is just spellbounding. If people cared half as much as this guy does for his car we won't be seeing those banged and dented cars on the road a lot but that is a different thing that people don't do. But nevertheless you've had a ball of a time travelling through kashmir and wish you all good luck for your next year drive down trip. One question though. How is the general road condition in the entire kashmir? If someone does a self driven trip through kashmir is it possible for them to take the car to almost all the major tourist places and places of interest?

Cheers,
Subhra
tacho9000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2014, 20:40   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacho9000 View Post
Excellent travelogue brother. The way the descriptions have been given to the way the pictures have been clicked everything is just mesmerising. One question though. How is the general road condition in the entire kashmir? If someone does a self driven trip through kashmir is it possible for them to take the car to almost all the major tourist places and places of interest?
Thanks a lot.

I visited Kashmir just before the natural calamity. Till then roads were good and can easily be driven to any of the places i visited. But i can't confirm the same after the disaster.

Local Taxi association's don't allow yellow plate vehicle from other places to go to every sightseeing points as you have to hire there local taxi for sightseeing's. But if your are driving your own car with private registration then there is no such problem.
Old 22nd September 2014, 10:41   #48
BHPian

My plan was to ride from Jammu to Sonamarg, attend a Music festival and return the same way. Accordingly, I rode fro Jammu towards Srinagar on September 10, 2014. There were numerous landslides but all of them were cleared. I got upto Ramsu, approx 124 kms from Srinagar where there was a major landslide and the road had been blocked. The road conditions weren't great but the traffic was sparse due to the calamity. Had return back after a day's stay at Ramban. All my prayers are with the affected people and I couldn't get throug to the most affected part. Fortunately, the road is now open and things are getting back to normal.
mayurpalav is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2014, 09:01   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
am penning down a travelogue on Kashmir
Thanks Samba for the lovely travelog. I liked the pictures of the Dal lake the best. Your patience in capturing the right moment is evident from these pictures.

Aru Valley has always been awesome! Allow me to share a few snaps from my repertoire (dtd. June 2013).
On Way to Aru Valley - the Aru River tributary of the Lidder
Kashmir - A Traveller's Paradise!-way-aru-valley.jpg

Aru Valley
Kashmir - A Traveller's Paradise!-aru-valley-1.jpg

Aru Valley
Kashmir - A Traveller's Paradise!-aru-valley-2.jpg
joybhowmik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2014, 12:35   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayurpalav View Post
My plan was to ride from Jammu to Sonamarg, attend a Music festival and return the same way. Accordingly, I rode fro Jammu towards Srinagar on September 10, 2014.
Thanks for sharing the details, specially the road updates. I must say hats off to your spirit. As am sure most of the guys in your situation would have cancelled the trip, but you went ahead and completed the trip successfully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joybhowmik View Post
Thanks Samba for the lovely travelog. I liked the pictures of the Dal lake the best. Your patience in capturing the right moment is evident from these pictures.

Aru Valley has always been awesome! Allow me to share a few snaps from my repertoire
Thanks a lot Joy da.

The pics of Aru valley you shared are really beautiful. You can share as many pics you want!

The journey from Pahalgam to Aru valley was definitely breathtaking but the hired Innova in which we were traveling had a super cautious driver who loved his Innova more than anything! You must have noticed this road is a bit narrow. So he was not willing to stop for any picture breaks as he feared other vehicles may scrap his vehicle! Seeing the love for his Innova some how i felt good and i didn't insist him to stop, though there were some wide places where i could have forced him to stop.

Last edited by Samba : 23rd September 2014 at 12:37.
Samba is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2014, 21:32   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Thanks a lot Joy da.

The pics of Aru valley you shared are really beautiful. You can share as many pics you want!

You must have noticed this road is a bit narrow.
You are welcome, and so I could not resist a couple more photos of the narrow albeit beautiful road...
Attached Thumbnails
Kashmir - A Traveller's Paradise!-dsc_0875.jpg  

Kashmir - A Traveller's Paradise!-dsc_0881.jpg  

joybhowmik is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks