Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2014, 14:52   #61

Re: 36 Days in the Himalayas - The Air up there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticeyes View Post
Just loved those lines and it sums up your entire experience. Passion - often, the most beautiful or creative revelations comes from passion. Whether its the biking or the pics, PASSION is written all over them
and its that passion that drives one beyond the limit..

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunrider View Post
Wow man, fantastic travelogue and pics. Travelling is surely an life changing experience. Great inspirational read
Thanks man..

Quote:
Originally Posted by samoukar View Post
It was difficult to hold back tears reading those nine incidents. Travelogues generally do not elicit this kind of emotional response. Well traveled and well written.
Thank you for those kind words..
Old 14th April 2014, 22:11   #62

A very beautiful travelogue... Helmet off for the spirit of taking such a vibrant adventurous ride. Each incident and photo is reveling the rich moments off your trip, this just make me crave for another ride in the Himalayas.
Old 15th April 2014, 12:51   #63
BHPian

Amazing story! This is definitely one for the grand kids when them come along. The sure will have one heck of a grandpa!

It is only away from the trappings of life in the hustle and bustle of civilisation, where the human nature shines through. Inspiring to say the least.

I wish you all the very best for wherever you choose to ride to next!
Old 16th April 2014, 19:26   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by meinherzbrennt View Post
A very beautiful travelogue... Helmet off for the spirit of taking such a vibrant adventurous ride. Each incident and photo is reveling the rich moments off your trip, this just make me crave for another ride in the Himalayas.
Thanks.. Glad you find it craving for more..

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedragonreborn View Post
Amazing story! This is definitely one for the grand kids when them come along. The sure will have one heck of a grandpa!

It is only away from the trappings of life in the hustle and bustle of civilisation, where the human nature shines through. Inspiring to say the least.

I wish you all the very best for wherever you choose to ride to next!
Thank you for those kind words and beautiful thoughts... Surely I'll remember what you said when the due date arrives..

To everyone at TeamBHP, would like to share one news with you all... I have been selected as one of the finalists for the True Wanderers by Wrangler contest. And will embarking on a 7 days paid ride in the coming week.

Once I return I'll have one more exciting story to share..
omvaikul is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th April 2014, 10:53   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by omvaikul View Post

To everyone at TeamBHP, would like to share one news with you all... I have been selected as one of the finalists for the True Wanderers by Wrangler contest. And will embarking on a 7 days paid ride in the coming week.

Once I return I'll have one more exciting story to share..
Congratulations mate! You deserve it!
Old 2nd May 2014, 11:32   #66
BHPian

Plain wow omvaikul.
This takes me back to 2009 when I was on my way from Shimla to Manali and it fell really dark due to the incessant monsoon rains and my car got stuck in a small village near Kullu.
What saved the day for me was being a Himachali, I could ask for help from some village folk using the local dialect I had picked up from friends in Bhuntar.
Being from Shimla myself, it was the first time ever I realised how languages change in India within a few 100 kms.
Your vivid memoir about the incident at Chail gave me goosebumps and left a smile reading about how warmly you were treated.
you are most welcome to Himachal and be our guest if such wonderful endorsements make it to Team BHP.
Old 10th June 2014, 13:47   #67
BHPian

I must say, riding solo is the the way to ride, especially when around the Himalayas.

The flickr album is very well done !

This is my wallpaper !
Old 11th June 2014, 12:29   #68
BHPian

“It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.” ― Ernest Hemingway

Awesome journey I must say. 9 lovely stories. A great way to describe your travels and awesome pictures.

Cheers,
Vinay
Old 17th June 2014, 10:08   #69
BHPian

Awesome TL, awe-inspiring take-away's from the journey. What a journey this has been for you. Indeed, you must be feeling blessed in many way than one, I for sure am feeling blessed to read the beautiful stories and your narration.

Thank you so much for sharing, much Gratitude.
Old 29th June 2014, 09:59   #70

Sir,

Amazing travelogue. It had me glued to my seats until the end.

The 36 days you were up there among the clouds, did you at anytime feel a little fitness preparation before the trip, could have made it easier for you?

I'm a biker enthusiast planning a solo ride from Delhi to Ladakh this year. This the first time I will be visiting the Himalayas and don't want altitude sickness or any other medical issue to spoil my trip.

I've got all the information about route and places to stay from all travelogues, but this something that has been there at the back of my head and I couldn't get useful information on this.

Thanks
Vijay
Old 1st July 2014, 12:01   #71
BHPian

There are people like us who dream and wish to do the things you did Om and just take these dreams to our graves. And there are the very few like you who JUST DO IT. And in a way make the rest of us happy, excited and slightly envious at the same time. Reading those 9 incidents plus the photos and the video made me think I was watching a movie. I even imagined myself in your place on the TB500, with the silence of the mountains, the cold chilly wind on the face, the winding roads and the uncertainties lying ahead. And yet enjoying the very moment and in fact every moment. Boy you rock in all ways......

Thanks for posting this awesome travelogue. Have added your youtube video in my favourite list for an inspiration once in a while.

FundaG

Last edited by fundagenie : 1st July 2014 at 12:05.
Old 6th July 2014, 16:01   #72
BHPian

Dear Om -

Came across this thread only today (rated 5 stars). Just don't have words to express what is going through my mind, after reading your experiences. Yes, life is much more than we experience, and what we think. God bless you.

Vivek
Old 7th August 2014, 12:26   #73

Hi Om,
I came across your travelogue on team-bhp. Loved reading about your amazing trip.
Currently I am going through your flickr album, a few pictures at a time. All your pictures are great and I don't want to rush through.
I was wondering if you had thought about putting your journey on a google map and sharing it with us.
Looking forward to seeing more such travelogues from you.

-utpal

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks