Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2014, 16:14   #46

Re: 36 Days in the Himalayas - The Air up there...

Om, words become abstract to describe the feelings that transcend post reading your travelogue.

You know, yesterday I was searching for some inspirational stories which would highlight that 'goodness' still exists in this world and voila!

Thank you so much for sharing these stories
Old 4th April 2014, 16:24   #47
Senior - BHPian

It was indeed a nice start. But where is the OP now? Don't think he has returned to the forum since he first made that post.
Old 4th April 2014, 16:24   #48
BHPian

class apart Om, nothing that I have read earlier on this forum can match the experiences you have mentioned.

Truly, hats off to your endeavor, and truly proud to be Indian!!!
Old 4th April 2014, 22:13   #49
BHPian

woohooo!
this is just seeing the pics, bro. am gonna read the whole thing now!
This is like a dream!
Old 5th April 2014, 00:12   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdraj View Post
Amazing travelogue Om. Crisp narration with incidents quotes which goes beyond words. Best wishes for all your future rides to Himalayas, I'm sure you would have planned out your next ride.
Yes @jamesdraj | June 2014; And its gonna be a whole different thing than what you just saw in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post
Dear Om,

Your thread has been rated a full 5 stars. I just love the way you have put out the incidences from your month long excursion in simple words which make more impact than the equally splendid pictures you have captured.

Hats-off to you!
Thank you for those kind words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLOCT View Post
Fantastic Vaikul.

You truly are a blessed person to be able to enjoy God's majesty. These journeys make us realize that life has so much more to offer than the constant chase of wealth, power and position and very few lucky ones get the chance to actually experience the 'other side'. Great going.
@VLOCT I like the word you have used; 'Other Side'; there's deep meaning to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonHawk View Post
Fabulous bro, you have made my day!!!

I must say the incidents whichever you have mentioned definitely will give a new perspective to our lives. Kudos to you for experiencing all these in your ride and I would say as a biker it is everybody`s dream to do such a heart-throbbing trip and come up with a new definition of leading a life which we all are intended to.
Your teaser pics are quite intriguing and definitely will have a look on your album Flickr in leisure.
Flickr album is a treat; View at leisure..

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Dear Om, excellent one! Welcome to TBHP!

Since this is the 6th time, how different was this; as in, preparation, bike used, planning and time selected?

Equipment matters to some extend and hence these questions about it
1) You bought a new bike and took it there?
2) What all was packed 'for' the bike?
3) Did at any point you had wished that; if only I had rode something else or if RE had made this so..
4) Did you face any technical issues with bike?
5) And puncture? You were prepared for this and had kit with you?

6) How did you keep in touch with others?
7) I presume there was no night ride at all?

8) your cam & kit was?

Gonna take some time to see all those 600 beautiful shots!

Thanks for sharing this wonderful experience with us and hope to read more in the future.

Edit:

Voted
@jkdas

Yes, this one required a lot of indepth planning; since this was my longest solo. And all locations I had selected are quite off beat. To sum in short I can just say I made a list of things I need for such a ride (something that most riders can make by themselves) and I focused more on my mental preparation. Its the key I believe to come back safe and joyous from such rides.

1.) Yes it was a new bike. Infact second servicing was done at Chandigarh RE service centre.
2.) This one is big; but I composing the list in a clean manner and presentable which anyone can refer to. Will make it live as soon as possible.
3.) Not at all; I had exclusively taken a 500 for its reasons. But on a personal note, I'm a sort of a rider who won't mind doing this trip again on a 100cc. Anyways, TB500 was ideal.
4.) I carried everything incase of a breakdown, but not a single issue took place.
5.) Had carried puncture repair kit, spare tube and a foot pump. But not a single puncture during the ride.
6.) Wherever phone network, I informed my folks back at home. In spiti and zanskar although i was out of touch was a week; but now my parents are used to this :-)
7.) On the contrary I had many night rides; I enjoy the after dark rides. Longest on this trip was Kargil to Jaipur in 48 hours, of which Pathankot to Chandigarh I rode throughout the night. And Jaipur to Delhi was a ll nighter.
8.) I used a Nikon D7000 and D5100; one GoPro and my iphone camera.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anoop_SG View Post
Great narration and beautiful snaps Om.

The incidents that you have narrated truly touches the heart and shows how little we know about life. Reading through them was a nice experience. Will now go through those snaps in your album.

Looking ahead to hear from you regarding the kit used for taking those beautiful snaps.
Hi @Anoop_SG , the info on kit used i have just posted above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahwa View Post
Now, that's what we call a travelogue. Brilliant pics, experiences and the narration. This is what an ideal travel is.

I always advise to younger people - If you are traveling, please prefer home-stays over flashy hotels which hide the reality of the place and people around. And yes, you get good treatment and hospitality from hosts if you be the good guest.

Thanks for sharing!
Yes, homestays are the best..

Quote:
Originally Posted by InControl View Post
Overwhelming writeup, Amazing pics and amazing people.
Loved the way you have followed each story with a quote.
Keep riding , Keep writing.

Rated 5 stars
Thanks..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srikanthan View Post
That's a travel and a write-up. Crisp pictures and crisp writing. However, looking for some more information on your 'worst' experiences on the road and with your machine.

Keep riding...Keep writing...

Ride Safely....
Not a single worst incident with the bike on this ride. Not even a single puncture. That's what I call awesome Good Luck. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramp View Post
Excellent Writing and great narrations. Clicked 5 star ratings and liked each and every lines.

Thanks for sharing and have a safe ride.
Thank You..

Quote:
Originally Posted by samarth.bhatia View Post
Hi Om!

Welcome to Team-Bhp. I have been following your wanderlust blogs since a while now, and reading this travelogue here refreshed my memories of a similar blog there.
Your blogs are inspirational to guys like me, who are new to the world of biking, and the challenges & memories that come with it. Your observations are truly wonderful.

In fact I came across your website while searching on Google for Travelogues on TB500 - this was done while I was waiting for delivery of my first bike - a TB500

Good to see you here, and waiting for more of your travelogues & biking tips.

Cheers,
Sam
Glad to know Sam that you have read some of my posts on my blog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamster View Post
Wow.
First of all rated Five Star, especially for the initial experiences shared. Moving indeed.
An amazing travelogue as your first post. Great Om. This is a great introduction which I have seen in this forum recently.
Great going and keep writing.
Glued on
Thank You.. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashphil View Post
Fantastic way to open your account on Team-bhp! Your writing style is crisp and clear. The nine incidents which you have narrated are very touching and renews one's trust and belief that humaneness does still exist in this mostly insensitive world of ours. Rated 5 stars! I will most definitely stay glued to this thread to read more about your trip.
May you have the opportunity to make many more such trips the experiences of which you can share with us. Ride Safe!
Regards,
Ashok
Thank you for those kind words..

Quote:
Originally Posted by animeshb View Post
Amazing journey and an equally amazing read! Very well done! Salut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Must say a fantastic introduction you have put up for yourself. Welcome to Team BHP Forum and looking forward for the rest of log to be completed.
Thanks..

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkatt1800 View Post
Om, looks an out of the world experience is going to unfold on these pages ! Where is the place on the pic No.7(the one with the gold and green fields and the building with a pink roof). That snap looks too good to be true.
@venkatt1800 ; thats Kashmir view from the titanic point, little down the road and in the monsoon months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrielthomas View Post
I had tears in my eyes reading this. One should experience such an warmth at least once in their lifetime. Om! you are truly blessed!

Awe struck by the pictures. Excellent!
Truly I am I feel sometimes.. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonXRi94 View Post
Hi Om, great write up of your travels in the Himalayas. Really nice photographs too.

It was really great to read about the 9 incidents you've mentioned. Sometimes, the kind of inspirational impact that a small humble gesture has on one's life, truly leaves one awestruck. Here's wishing you many more such adventurous journeys.
Small gestures sometimes create life altering memories.. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anoop_SG View Post
Awesome pictures buddy - just finished going through your album. Good compositions and really vibrant colours.

A BIG
Thanks man..

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightning535 View Post
Hi Om,
I am simply moved reading your experiences. Being in Himalayas itself is a soul awakening experience and when you add such experiences and meet such people, its another level altogether. I have spent a good amount of my life in Himalayas and have experienced such gestures myself. The people there are so simple and so humble that you can't even draw a comparison to the city dwellers busy in their never ending race for worldly affairs.
Congratulation on completing this journey and I tell you, I am jealous too . Riding in such hostile condition and desolate roads in not easy. Your pictures are amazing; awaiting for more.
Thanks for the appreciation..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funda View Post
I could't move ahead without giving you a 5* for the first post. Your experience makes us believe in purity and innocence of humans. City bred humans cant even come close to such Godliness in these remote areas. And we city bred call such regions arid/ inhospitable, we are so so wrong.
Truly u have said..

Quote:
Originally Posted by voyageur View Post
Hello Om,

Directly rated this thread well deserved 5*. Amazing feat. A dream of every biker.

I just had the same doubts as jk asked with just one more addition to how many lens did you carry. Mention them please.

It's great to know that humanity still exists. It brought back the memories of my village too where people help and support others a lot.

Again congrats on this amazing feat.

Cheers.
@voyageur Sure; I used a Nikon D7000 and D5100 along with 16-85, 70-300 and a GoPro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagesh View Post
Amazing stuff Om!! Excellent write-up. Loved each and every incident - I can imagine how staggering it is when you come across these experiences.
Thanks for appreciation man..

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsundep View Post
Your travelogue is as enchanting as your name Om. Tears literally rolled of when reading through some of the incidents you mentioned. Truly Humanity is the greatest religion and there is so much to learn about this great country. You seem to have attained 'Nirvana' in these 36 days. Hope I can venture out in the same way someday.
Yes; they are most beautiful 36 days of my life. Wish you the same; make it some day..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeClutch 4X4 View Post
Kudos on achieving this impossible feat. It definitely requires a lot more of passion, curiosity, patience, endurance and Perseverance to make this happen.

one question to you, having read about numerous complaints about TBTS 500's EFI's failing didnt you face any issues with that EFI system?
@DeClutch 4X4 No I faced no problems with the bike. Although its true, there are some annoying issues with some units of the same model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_bharadwaj View Post
WOW! 5 Stars.
Must have been a great experience. Wonderful writing and excellent pictures.
The Life lessons too are great.
Will be checking the Flickr album at leisure.
Thanks.,. Do visit the Flickr album.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doble u View Post
Om, words become abstract to describe the feelings that transcend post reading your travelogue.

You know, yesterday I was searching for some inspirational stories which would highlight that 'goodness' still exists in this world and voila!

Thank you so much for sharing these stories
Thank you for the appreciation and kind words..

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
It was indeed a nice start. But where is the OP now? Don't think he has returned to the forum since he first made that post.
Hi @shipnil ; I check the forum every 4-5 days.. Logged in today only to see so many comments and appreciation..

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawnilrules View Post
class apart Om, nothing that I have read earlier on this forum can match the experiences you have mentioned.

Truly, hats off to your endeavor, and truly proud to be Indian!!!
Thank you..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oreen View Post
woohooo!
this is just seeing the pics, bro. am gonna read the whole thing now!
This is like a dream!
Surely a Dream come true I'll say.. Thanks..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octane_Power View Post
WOW is the 1st word that came from my mouth.
Even for me The Himalayas is that one place which I always consider as my ultimate getaway from the hustle-bustle and tension of city life.

The locals are indeed warm and caring, if given the opportunity I can easily spend the remainder of my life there

-Bhargav
Its truly heaven.. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveller Nayak View Post
Wonderful. Being able to achieve what you wanted to do and be back home safe. Journey of the life time? Or are you planning one more? These are addictive.

--
Nayak // Sent from my iPad using Team-BHP
:-) I plan one ride every year to Himalayas; already working on something for June 2014. And its full contrast to this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msvg View Post
Kudos to your journey and the courage dude.I will be following you hence forward to read more about your journeys.This is very motivating and put some thoughts in my mind on the same.

thanks
MSVG
Thank you for the appreciation..

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
Fantastic experience indeed. Crisp narration and those nine incidents are for you to cherish forever.
This is the India Rabindra Nath Tagore wrote of. Man you are so lucky to experience it.
As they say, the way to the heart is through the stomach.
Yes. Truly..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Om,

Hats off to you for taking up this journey. The incidents you mentioned in your posts were heart warming. How much distance did you cover in total? The pics have come out crisp and really beautiful.
Thanks; I covered a total distance of 8900kms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbose View Post
Nice trip and travelogue! I can feel nature's purity! These are the trips we often cherish for the rest of our lives.
Thanks..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post
Om, i really enjoyed your writeup and the pictures are the proverbial cherries on top. I particularly liked the incidents you have shared. This is what i have always felt being an indian is about. "Athithi Devo bhava", somehow most of us have forgotten how to live life as a humble human being and also, that god comes in all shapes and sizes . I have been thinking about a trip to those places as well and i just hope i can get it into fruitition.
This is how are roots were which we have forgotten.. And incidents like this brings us back to thinking.. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Welcome to TBHP and what a super post to start! Read every single word of it, controlling burst of tears multiple times. Amazing experience, unique travelogue, beautiful place and hearts and your crisp narration. Hope to read many more travelogues from you.

I am a non-believer, an Atheist; and they say that the most miserable moment for an atheist is when he feels thankful but has nobody to thank. But if we have such people whom you met, do we need to thank anyone else? I know that it is a sweeping statement but for me, it is quite apt.

Regards,
Saket
Thank you for those words Sanket..

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulerofsun View Post
I read the whole thing on Xbhp and was wondering if you are a member here too. Thanks for the whole trip-lodge.

Your write up is something I read again and again building up my courage to do this trip at least once.

regards
RoS
I had joined long ago but use to just read; after gaining some expertise I thought now i can share some useful info... started with this travelogue..

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Wow!
What wonderful stories! The Himalayas do surprise you again and again
Wonderful pics. Will be going through your flickr collection at leisure.
Yes, please do..

Quote:
Originally Posted by amansanc View Post
WOW! This is the only word that came to my mind when i read the travelogue. Amazing narration and pics! Hats off to you for embarking such a long solo ride

The 9 stories have left me stunned! It means humanity still exists in some parts of this world
Yes, it truly does exist.. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge_Viper View Post
The first post itself deserves 5 stars! Very well narrated, specially the 9 stories. And I am guessing you started this trip from Mumbai, hence would be more interesting. And the professional grade pics are all wallpaper stuff. Thanks for sharing .
Thanks you.. Yes this trip was to & fro Mumbai. All highway..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
I have No Words. I always stay fixated more on the pics. But your 9 events have just stirred the soul. Wow, Awesome, Fantastic would still be less.

Give us more on your 36 days. Very eager to read on. Thanks.
haha... I'll recollect and share some more incidents.. @Desmosedici

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Hey Om, terrific photos! Have we met in Leh? In my trip to Leh in August -September 2013 I met a solo traveller from Mumbai on my way to Pangong tso. He too was on Black Thunderbird 500. I couldn't find your selfie in the flikr album, hence couldn't confirm whether it was you. Did you meet a biking couple at Spangmik when the ice had fallen and you stayed at a home stay? We spoke for a while, and the biker was planning to move ahead while I planned to turn back to Leh next morning.

If it is indeed you, then man is it a small world afterall!
Yes @ani_meher ; I'm the guy; I met you guys little before pangong and at pangong homestay.. In the flickr link shared, there are few photos of me without helmet. But I clearly remember meeting you in ladakh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketscience View Post
Wow! Reading all these experiences i'm seriously considering to go on a solo road trip myself sometime in my life! Living in a city like Delhi since my childhood and in my relatively short (Read 20) age i've never really heard or met such people. Whenever i'll be in a bad mood or feeling that there are no good souls left here , i'll read this thread (bookmarked it) , glad i read your travelogue and you're really lucky to have experienced something like this in your life.

P.S The photographs look gorgeous !
A solo trip is really a must do..

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthrottle View Post
It is indeed good narration supported by small, touching and inspiring tales. Humanity stills prevails in the hearts, the world is not over yet. By the way what happened to the static website, is it done? Share with us the URL...
Thanks..

yes @kthrottle ; it was ready a month after i came back. Here is a link to an amateur attempt. :-)

http://www.deeluxresorts.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinHead View Post
A beautifully written travelogue i must say, different than many.
Enjoyed every bit, randomly opened the thread and was glued to it till the very end. Wish you much more wonderful happy rides ahead.
Thanks man..

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakr82 View Post
Wow!!! Please provide more details on the distance covered etc. The pictures in the Flicker album are fantastic
@deepakr82
Total distance covered - 8900kms

Instead of usual travel log entries I thought this presentation will make a good read. But definitely with share some stats and few more interesting events from the ride, ahead in the thread..
omvaikul is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th April 2014, 11:53   #51
BHPian

hiii ,
am overwhelmed by the nine instances that you described , somehow my soul moved and me look back at myself and how do i behave when i deal with all those around me .

regards
sumit
Old 7th April 2014, 14:08   #52
BHPian

well, just when we are about to lose faith in humanity we come across something like this; the instances what you mention are certainly the one's which should be experienced!
To experience one has to travel, to travel one needs motivation! Your instances more than suffice any one's travel bug to bite em!
PS: All your set of pics on flickr are amazing!
Old 7th April 2014, 18:49   #53
MDe
BHPian

Absolutely fantastic travelogue. You have done what a lot of us plan of doing and it never happens. Himalayas are always so peaceful and magnetic that they keep pulling you towards them. The mesmerising tales that you shared really let us believe that humanity still exists and people do things without expectations. Thanks for sharing
Old 8th April 2014, 10:13   #54
BHPian

Your journey reminds me of quote by Darke "Sometimes it's the journey that teaches you a lot about your destination".
Very beautiful photographs.
Old 8th April 2014, 11:40   #55
BHPian

Om, thanks for taking time in writing all the wonderful experiences you had during the journey. Those amazing experiences remind us of the basic virtues we should live by.

Once again, Thanks!
Old 8th April 2014, 12:11   #56
BHPian

Om My God! What a write-up! What an experience! What a video! What awesome pictures! Am all praises for this effort! Just a quick question - what's the place / where exactly is this place in your video @ 1:14 (with the lake on the left and the hill on the right)?

Mind = blown!
Old 8th April 2014, 12:59   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by swsumit View Post
hiii ,
am overwhelmed by the nine instances that you described , somehow my soul moved and me look back at myself and how do i behave when i deal with all those around me .

regards
sumit
Like my father always says, its not important how others behave with you but how you behave with others..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhansali_hardik View Post
well, just when we are about to lose faith in humanity we come across something like this; the instances what you mention are certainly the one's which should be experienced!
To experience one has to travel, to travel one needs motivation! Your instances more than suffice any one's travel bug to bite em!
PS: All your set of pics on flickr are amazing!
Thanks man..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDe View Post
Absolutely fantastic travelogue. You have done what a lot of us plan of doing and it never happens. Himalayas are always so peaceful and magnetic that they keep pulling you towards them. The mesmerising tales that you shared really let us believe that humanity still exists and people do things without expectations. Thanks for sharing
Believe me it took a lot of time to plan this one too..

Quote:
Originally Posted by VineetSoni View Post
Your journey reminds me of quote by Darke "Sometimes it's the journey that teaches you a lot about your destination".
Very beautiful photographs.
Yes; there is lots to experience on the journey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguar.runs View Post
Om, thanks for taking time in writing all the wonderful experiences you had during the journey. Those amazing experiences remind us of the basic virtues we should live by.

Once again, Thanks!
Thanks for the appreciation..

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsathyap View Post
Om My God! What a write-up! What an experience! What a video! What awesome pictures! Am all praises for this effort! Just a quick question - what's the place / where exactly is this place in your video @ 1:14 (with the lake on the left and the hill on the right)?

Mind = blown!
Thanks..

That scene at 1.14 is good old pangong lake...
Old 8th April 2014, 15:44   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by omvaikul View Post
I never imagined my life would revolve around Biking. May be it’s a passion or just an addiction but Motorcycles and Biking is now a culture, a family, a place where you make good friends; I’m grateful for this and the fact that it has given me the ability to reach any corner of the country in any environment. Freedom to explore the world on two wheels… Is it possible to push your limits in this world and to know where you stand by? Can two wheels teach you lessons of life?
Just loved those lines and it sums up your entire experience. Passion - often, the most beautiful or creative revelations comes from passion. Whether its the biking or the pics, PASSION is written all over them
Old 9th April 2014, 14:15   #59

Wow man, fantastic travelogue and pics. Travelling is surely an life changing experience. Great inspirational read
Old 10th April 2014, 10:00   #60

It was difficult to hold back tears reading those nine incidents. Travelogues generally do not elicit this kind of emotional response. Well traveled and well written.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks