Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2017, 16:40   #46
BHPian

Re: Dusted: Zero Point, North Sikkim, 15748 FT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkbksc View Post
Lovely travelogue! Superb photos!!! Kudos to your indomitable spirit!!! Your level-headedness played a big role in an incident free mega journey that you undertook!

I am planning a trip to this part in my XUV in the last week of June. There could be one or two senior citizens with me. Lachung and the other place you went appear daunting. Can you please tell me the distance from Gangtok to Nathu La? Did you go there? I think you took 05 hours to reach Gangtok from Darjeeling. How much time required to travel from Siliguri to Darjeeling?
Thanks for the comments, here are my answers
Can you please tell me the distance from Gangtok to Nathu La? Did you go there?
Distance is not that, but I didn't go there.

How much time required to travel from Siliguri to Darjeeling
Siliguri to Darjeeling took us around 3-4 hours
gurha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2017, 21:35   #47
BHPian

Just got an update from one of my friend, that we can get permits from Mangan for Lachen/Lachung. And there is no need to take the permits from Gangtok as they always create trouble.
Old 1st June 2017, 23:26   #48
BHPian

Wow, great that for the first time that you had been to the hills. The details are very informative for the first timers. The experience as first timers and learning will always help me and others those who are planning fro such trips. Photographs are beautiful specially the frozen water falls.

One thing I should say that you could have driven self rather than taking a driver as your determination were very strong. That would have been a different experience altogether.

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks