Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2014, 04:47   #211
Senior - BHPian

Re: 25-0-40 DownUnder to UpOver - LEH'd 2013

Wow !! Finished reading the entire 14 pages of the travelogue in one attempt !!
How ? I am doomed in night shift at work and put the best 9 hours in this travellogue.
I had seen your post in the 3M Care Care HSR thread. But didn't get onto this thread for the real action. I am happy now that I bumped into this thread. Man, the Whale was in such a pain, and ofcourse Sidhu and his boys got him cured.

I don't have words to describe or react to each and every moment you have shared. I felt like I was seated at the backseat in one of the cars. Every moment and emotion is so well described !!

Undoubtedly, getting Leh'd is the one and only one dream of many of us, including me.
I don't know when I can attain this feat. But surely, I would look back at this thread when I plan one.

Thanks once again for sharing your experience.
Soumyajit9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2014, 14:55   #212
BHPian

Thats an amazing travelogue, read the whole thing in one go ! This made me make plans for the drive to Ladakh from Bombay, will hopefully complete it, and the way you narrated this, I guess you'll have to come with me just to write such a travelogue after the trip ! Whenever I do the trip, this thread is the one that has sown the seeds of the trip.
yatrik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2014, 12:37   #213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Wow !! Finished reading the entire 14 pages of the travelogue in one attempt !!
How ? I am doomed in night shift at work and put the best 9 hours in this travellogue.
I had seen your post in the 3M Care Care HSR thread. But didn't get onto this thread for the real action. I am happy now that I bumped into this thread. Man, the Whale was in such a pain, and ofcourse Sidhu and his boys got him cured.

I don't have words to describe or react to each and every moment you have shared. I felt like I was seated at the backseat in one of the cars. Every moment and emotion is so well described !!

Undoubtedly, getting Leh'd is the one and only one dream of many of us, including me.
I don't know when I can attain this feat. But surely, I would look back at this thread when I plan one.

Thanks once again for sharing your experience.
Night shift is pain but I guess less work

Yeah I do agree Sidhu's team did a good work of removing all those tar and muck of 15 days, i thought the car will get a shade of brown. Getting Leh'd first time is really cool but getting Leh'd 2nd time is just awesome because you know what to do and expect.

2015 might be in plans so let me know

Quote:
Originally Posted by yatrik View Post
Thats an amazing travelogue, read the whole thing in one go ! This made me make plans for the drive to Ladakh from Bombay, will hopefully complete it, and the way you narrated this, I guess you'll have to come with me just to write such a travelogue after the trip ! Whenever I do the trip, this thread is the one that has sown the seeds of the trip.
Well I am glad you got the "keeda" from this thread. I got the bug from another thread just like this, so I guess this is one contagious disease we don't mind getting.
motomaverick is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th June 2014, 11:02   #214

Re: Day 7 - 29th Aug

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Yes, we will share all these at the end of the travelogue, so that the flow is not disturbed. All the money spent, how much per person, rules, regulation, do's & don'ts plus what to be aware off.

Continuing from the previous post

After coming out of Zojila successfully it was an easy downhill run towards the next check post. After the check post, we stopped for some chai at Hotel Snow Hill Tea Stall, this is the first chai stop you will find after getting down from Zojila. The roads also improved till this point with some freshly laid tarmac.
Hey Motomaverick,

the people standing behind you at your chai stop consisted of a silver bullet and 3 pulsars?

If yes then they were us!!

Good to see you on TBHP.

Last edited by moralfibre : 22nd July 2014 at 06:52. Reason: Trimming quoted post. Only quote relevant bits of a post.
Old 21st June 2014, 15:33   #215
BHPian

Wow! Just finished reading it, it took me over 3 days but i can honestly say the writing is just superb. You should write a book about your experiences. At times i felt as i am right there with you guys in the car somewhere i have done the road trip to Leh from Manali so can imagine the landscape and that helped a bit as well. But in all wonderful trip guys and a perfect travelogue. Also cant help but feel sorry for Sathya at a few places
dhruv45in is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2014, 12:48   #216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_s14 View Post
Hey Motomaverick,

the people standing behind you at your chai stop consisted of a silver bullet and 3 pulsars?

If yes then they were us!!

Good to see you on TBHP.
Hey nice to bump in here, yes those bikes were headed towards Zojila. I am not sure if it was 3 Pulsars or 1 Fz, but I did speak to one of the fellows not sure if it was you

Small world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruv45in View Post
Wow! Just finished reading it, it took me over 3 days but i can honestly say the writing is just superb. You should write a book about your experiences. At times i felt as i am right there with you guys in the car somewhere i have done the road trip to Leh from Manali so can imagine the landscape and that helped a bit as well. But in all wonderful trip guys and a perfect travelogue. Also cant help but feel sorry for Sathya at a few places
Thanks for reading, I am surprised people still reading this thread but it was one hell of a trip. Cant wait to do it again, this time armed with all the experience gained. Well with regards to writing a book, it would fail horribly as the grammar is very poor but not a bad idea at all.
Old 25th June 2014, 17:21   #217
BHPian

Amazing trip!!!

Leh is one destination that I intend to cross from my "List of Drives before you die" ASAP. Travlouges like yours make my resolve even stronger.

Once again an amazing travelouge.

Cheers,
Vinay.
yaniv14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2014, 19:29   #218
BHPian

Hi Hirak,
Just re-re -reading our travelogue-this time as a t-bhp member! Great memories & cant wait to do it again! Do keep me in the loop if anyone is up for it!
Old 30th June 2014, 08:20   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nariman View Post
Hi Hirak,
Just re-re -reading our travelogue-this time as a t-bhp member! Great memories & cant wait to do it again! Do keep me in the loop if anyone is up for it!
Hey Doc, welcome aboard . Nice to see you. You will definitely be in loop. This is year is year of job movements hence no leaves and trip :(. Wait until next year for the next big thing
Old 21st July 2014, 12:29   #220

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Hey nice to bump in here, yes those bikes were headed towards Zojila. I am not sure if it was 3 Pulsars or 1 Fz, but I did speak to one of the fellows not sure if it was you

Small world.

Thanks for reading, I am surprised people still reading this thread but it was one hell of a trip. Cant wait to do it again, this time armed with all the experience gained. Well with regards to writing a book, it would fail horribly as the grammar is very poor but not a bad idea at all.
Hey motomaverick,

Unfortunately, the person who you spoke to wasn't me.

Yes we were the people headed towards zozila. And I confirmed with the friends I was riding with. They immediately recognized the stickers on your cars!!

Old 21st July 2014, 12:51   #221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Hirak,
Welcome aboard Nariman, good to see you in the forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by narsi_6989 View Post
Hey Doc, welcome aboard . Nice to see you. You will definitely be in loop. This is year is year of job movements hence no leaves and trip :(. Wait until next year for the next big thing
We should definitely plan something next year, Leh calling again
Old 21st July 2014, 18:52   #222
BHPian

Yep Hirak. leh sure is! Most of the bombay gang is game for this year too though.!
Old 23rd July 2014, 16:19   #223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yep Hirak. leh sure is! Most of the bombay gang is game for this year too though.!
I wouldn't mind but Vitamin M will be terribly low after the trip as I now have a petrol guzzler that is giving not more than 10 in Bangalore itself.

Last edited by motomaverick : 23rd July 2014 at 16:21.
Old 4th August 2014, 12:45   #224
BHPian

We just finished a good trip out of Gurgaon to Leh and further till THOISE in Safari Storme.

Remembered your trip and the picture that you once had 'Leh'ed' on the slush on the car panel.

And I saw hundreds of i10s in Leh - in fact as one approaches Leh from the Srinagar side there is a full Hyundai showroom - including sales (not just spares and repairs) there.

Earlier only Maruti, Tata, Mahindra and Toyota had workshops there. Now Hyundai and Maruti not just have a repair workshop but a full showroom where they are selling new cars.

So yes, consider taking your i10 AT there. Or maybe send it by a truck till Amritsar or Chandigarh and then drive from there.

Cheers
Cheers
Rajain is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2014, 16:45   #225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajain View Post

So yes, consider taking your i10 AT there. Or maybe send it by a truck till Amritsar or Chandigarh and then drive from there.

Cheers
Cheers
Thanks for the encouragement, the i10 AT can definitely climb Leh ( albeit in manual mode) I realized this after doing a couple of trips on the highway, its a light weight nimble car.

But then your mind is never relaxed when you are in that terrain in a car that was not really meant to be there on those roads (or lack of it). SUV I felt, we are always relaxed with the roads and can even have some fun.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks