Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2014, 09:17   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Driving on the edge - Our Ladakh Drive of June 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by napster1311 View Post
Hey Parsh. Nice TL bro. And pictures compliment the story very well.

I am going on a Mum-Del trip next month. And targeting to reach Chittorgarh by evening Day-1. I will be accompanied by my wife, 8 months old daughter, my brother and mom. I would be obliged if you could shed some light on your experience on comfort, safety and services level at Nandan Palace. I am planning to stay there.

Also is it safe to start at 4-5 AM next from Chittorgarh towards Delhi.

Appreciate your help.
Thanks napster1311.

Chittorgarh is easily reached on Day-1.

Nandan Palace is nice. Atleast at that time we liked better than other options in its neighborhood. You would not need to worry about the safety much I guess. The rooms are nice and its restaurant food too was nice. The parking for cars is at its basement which is quite tricky and cramped but can manage. If full, they keep the cars parked in front of hotel. They have own security guards.

Its all NH and GQ roads.

You would reach early with early start. In winter times it may just get dark earlier. The road in some part of Rajsthan is uneven due to melting by heat and creates absolutely groovy rides at some places. So you need to take care there.

No problem in starting early from Chittorgarh, very short drive to connect to NH from hotel then onto GQ NH.
parsh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2014, 13:41   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post
Thanks napster1311.

Chittorgarh is easily reached on Day-1.

Thanks Parsh for quick response. Did you drive alone or your dad supported you behind the wheels? (Sorry if missed gathering this info).

I am asking this because worst case its possible that I might have to drive alone on this trip. So is it safe to travel in with my wife, daughter and mom, and me being the only male. I mean cases like tire puncture on the highway, taking breaks or staying in hotel in the evening.

Appreciate your help.
Old 21st September 2014, 14:50   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by napster1311 View Post
Thanks Parsh for quick response. Did you drive alone or your dad supported you behind the wheels? (Sorry if missed gathering this info).

I am asking this because worst case its possible that I might have to drive alone on this trip. So is it safe to travel in with my wife, daughter and mom, and me being the only male. I mean cases like tire puncture on the highway, taking breaks or staying in hotel in the evening.

Appreciate your help.
No worries, ask away anything.

Only I drive. So no aux support there. And I am used to driving this much and more dist easily in a day, so no worries for me. Otherwise the roads do not seem to be unsafe. Generally have not had any other issues related to car, even punctures except for 1/2 occasions. Overall, this is pretty much straight drive on good NH/GQ roads and expressways in-between.

If you are used to long dist drives, should not have issues. Otherwise too you do not need to worry too much. You should find decent places to take break on this route. Have your car readied with all checks, service etc a week before so you know early if there are any issues and keep ready as per.
Old 21st September 2014, 23:23   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice and very well written travelogue parsh. Don't know how I missed it earlier. Or is that you let it be in the assembly line all this time? Anyways your last post dates back to more than a year back now. Waiting to read the rest of it. Infact the real journey to the destination is yet to be documented.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2014, 08:53   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Nice and very well written travelogue parsh. Don't know how I missed it earlier. Or is that you let it be in the assembly line all this time? Anyways your last post dates back to more than a year back now. Waiting to read the rest of it. Infact the real journey to the destination is yet to be documented.
Thanks Doc.

There are so many things happening on our Team-BHP, one easily gets lost.

Well, some things held up the travelogue for so long. Hope to progress it soon.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks