Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2013, 22:29   #31
BHPian

Re: Saurashtra Road Trip: Sasan Gir, Beaches, Temples and more

nice review and good pictures. I too recently did Saurashtra trip, but unable to write a TL yet! I have put a reference at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post3077883

Last edited by pcpranav : 19th June 2013 at 22:30.
pcpranav is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2013, 16:48   #32
BHPian

Welcome to Jamnagar, I would have said.

Yes, I belong to Jamnagar and now long to visit it as much as possible from nowhere else but the starting point of your journey, Pune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
We reached Sardar patel ring road and navigated our way to reach Rajkot highway.

From hereone you start seeing more and more Chakkdas - the workhorse in Saurahstra.
Chakkdas are made primarily in Rajkot, but also made in Jamnagar.
Also the equally popular "Chhakda" brand is Khushbu, its been spoken together Khushbhu-Chhakada. Its really noisy and for someone it could be a tough task to figureout what to do with this hood-less vehicle with a sloping trailer?

Quote:
We first went to Jain Vijay farsan mart, and Dad picked up lot of Kachori boxes.

Since dad is a heavy shopper at this shop, the owner served us free breakfast as a goodwill gesture on his own.

Lakhota Lake

We then visited a crematorium which had several clay models depicting scenes from Ramayana.
I have never seen such a beautiful crematorium, it is surely a must see.

Got to see lot of fighter planes flying over Jamnagar city and near airport.
We were now headed to Dwarka.
Jain Vijay is famous for Kachori, infact a friend unknowingly bought a Kachori packet from a Sweetmart from Mumbai. I was surprised to see a JaiVijay pack selling in mumbai, not sure do they have any branches in Mumbai. The shop in photograph is the new renovated shop, earlier it used to be half of it! The breakfast is surely a goodwill gesture, but he usually insists for tasting the Kachoris no matter what you are buying there, specially when its hot.

Unfortunately, the Lakhota lake was dry during your visit. A morning visit in the winter has its own beauty, thousands of migratory birds ply there. I'll try to get a photo and post here to show a strikingly different view from different season.

When I was new to Pune, it was odd to see kids and even adults coming out of houses to see an air plane or chopper. I was quite used to it in those days. Now, I too enjoy a glimpse of a low flying chopper!

Quote:
So soon we were on road full of windmills, they are all around us for a good amount of of time.Suzlon seems to be the company which makes these, and most of them were Suzlon 2000.
FYI, Suzlon is originally a Rajkot based company found by Mr. Tulsi Tanti, now headquartered in Pune (wow, lot of links between Pune-Saurashtra).

Your travelogue is going to be a ready reference whenever I remember about Jamnagar. Almost, forgot to mention that you did write a great travelogue with lot of pictures. Thank You.

Yes, I have saved the space to include one more smiley from allowed quota of two.
iSpoke is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th June 2013, 18:08   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpranav View Post
nice review and good pictures.
Thanks pranav, eagerly looking forward to your travelogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSpoke View Post
Welcome to Jamnagar
Also the equally popular "Chhakda" brand is Khushbu,
Jain Vijay is famous for Kachori
Unfortunately, the Lakhota lake was dry during your visit.m different season.

FYI, Suzlon is originally a Rajkot based company found by Mr. Tulsi Tanti, now headquartered in Pune (wow, lot of links between Pune-Saurashtra).

Your travelogue is going to be a ready reference whenever I remember about Jamnagar. Almost, forgot to mention that you did write a great travelogue with lot of pictures
Thanks Buddy. Jamnagar was on Radar since dad has been going there for last 3 years. Dad liked that town a lot, and hence he was always ready to go for a project in Jamnagar.

Thanks, and i would like to learn more about Chakkhda on my next visit.
Believe me, i have never tasted anything tasty like Jain vijay kachori, fhafda, jilebi and khaman.

Do let me know if there is a branch in mumbai, we would be very happy
If not i would surely like to visit Jamnagar again to buy Jain vijay stuff.

Oh yes, i know lakhota lake should be a beauty when full of water.Do share those pictures here.

Thanks we enjoyed the trip a lot, it was a dream to visit Jamnagar by my own little car.

Last edited by silverado : 20th June 2013 at 18:11.
Old 22nd June 2013, 16:30   #34
Senior - BHPian

Silverado. I too suspect in certain temp, humidity, and sunlight direction combination AC abruptly stops cooling for extended periods 5 to 10 minutes in my case as though the temp control thermostat is malfunctioning. This happened to me whilst doing pre purchase TD between 2 pm and 4 pm in May and again in my new car after taking delivery towards end May between 11am and 1 pm. I am terming this as an odd spot in the nano which shows in a certain combination of temp and perhaps humidity combo's which perhaps the makers have not figured their heads around. It's very strange though, have you raised it with TATA? Unsure what to do myself. Seems like a occasionally occurring anomaly. On 2nd thought there seems amiss with the way the AC, the ECU are coordinating with each other because it happened today as well as mumbai gets more sun shine. Something is certainly a miss
Old 23rd June 2013, 23:55   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
Silverado. I too suspect in certain temp, humidity, and sunlight direction combination AC abruptly stops cooling for extended periods
The blower air throw becomes very weak when it happens.

We did valsad to Baroda Non-stop, it was in full heat ( afternoon time ) and AC worked without any issues.
On our return journey , AC was on from Surat to Mumbai, without any issues.

I did Mumbai - Pune today wherein AC was on throughout except for ghat section, no issues at all, but these were mixed conditions ( overcast and sunny ) and hence not a good test.

I guess we will have to keep observing.

Last edited by silverado : 23rd June 2013 at 23:58.
Old 25th June 2013, 23:00   #36
BHPian

As promised, here are few "Lakhota Lake" snaps from past couple of years.

The photos with greenish water is from Dec 2009 and cleaner water is from Nov 2012.

Saurashtra Road Trip: Sasan Gir, Beaches, Temples and more-dsc04016.jpg

Saurashtra Road Trip: Sasan Gir, Beaches, Temples and more-dsc04018.jpg

Saurashtra Road Trip: Sasan Gir, Beaches, Temples and more-dsc04054.jpg

Saurashtra Road Trip: Sasan Gir, Beaches, Temples and more-dsc06433.jpg

Saurashtra Road Trip: Sasan Gir, Beaches, Temples and more-dsc06435.jpg

Saurashtra Road Trip: Sasan Gir, Beaches, Temples and more-dsc06437.jpg

Saurashtra Road Trip: Sasan Gir, Beaches, Temples and more-dsc06442.jpg

Saurashtra Road Trip: Sasan Gir, Beaches, Temples and more-dsc06447.jpg
iSpoke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2013, 11:03   #37
BHPian

nice trip log. You were indeed lucky that you saw a jungle cat in your first safari. I have done numerous safaris in multiple national parks - but have not yet seen a jungle cat.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks